AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You have been banned

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Default You have been banned

That's right, in this scenario you have been banned. And, being that you are a respected member of this community, you are dumbfounded. However, you obey the terms of your punishment and do not post for the traditional 5 days. At the exact time of your scheduled ban-removal, you await impatiently for your privileges to be restored, not that you wanted to enjoy them at that very moment but you just want the satisfaction of knowing you could if you wanted to. But your privileges have not been restored! You wait an extra couple of days even, thinking maybe there was an error, and still you are banned!

You know that there is a thread on the site called "Request Ban-removal Here". You post there, politely asking for your ban to be removed, or for an explanation as to it's extension. And you wait, a full month, with no word from anyone (let's say Jakiao since he seems to take care of those requests). In the rules, Jakiao has outright forbidden PMing him with the request or using any other means to do it. Anyway, you can't PM while you're banned so that's out.

What do you do?

Sorry but I was deadly bored last night and was looking through that very thread and saw a bit of that going on. I thought it would make a good topic really.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 08-18-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You must let go. Make a new account and let your old self die while doing so.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Make a new account and fake your age and gender.

(Hehehehe >: D)
    That which is; is the truth.

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    Threads

I don't know if you can PM when you're banned, but if you can then I'd PM a mod asking what's going wrong.
    If there was a legitimate reason for me being continued to be banned, I'd suck it up and deal with it.
    If not then I'd make a new temp account to either see what's wrong or to prove I deserve my old one back.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    In the rules, Jakiao has outright forbidden PMing him with the request or using any other means to do it.

What do you do?

Sorry but I was deadly bored last night and was looking through that very thread and saw a bit of that going on. I thought it would make a good topic really.
    Well he may say one thing in the rules thread, but if you post in the Site Issues/Question he sometimes says that it's okay for members to PM as long as they don't flood his Inbox begging for the username/ban to be change o_O;

What would I do?

I would PM Kaitou Ace. Just because you are banned from posting and entering chat doesn't mean you aren't allowed to PM right? [/not sure never been banned planning to keep it that way] Ace seems to reply to 90% of my PM's so he would at least read the message and check it out.

If that doesn't work, hey just look up any of the admins [Minako, Ace, LPS, Jakiao, Regex] for the most part they have an IM of some sort [MSN, Skype, Yahoo, AIM] just ask them there, o_O

If that doesn't work. Make a temp account and PM them the problem with a non-banned account, assuming your IP address wasn't banned.
    Last edited by Jose; 08-18-2008 at 12:05 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm sorry, I forgot that PMing privileges are taken away too when you're banned. xD So that's out.

Gah. Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2009 03:26 PM
    Threads

Um, I'd stay banned, assuming there is a reason. If there isn't, make a new account.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Okay then

o_O

Kaitou Ace has an MSN viewable on AF
    Regex has 4 IM services visible on AF
    Jakiao has Yahoo, MSN and AIM visible on AF
    LPS has 4 IM's visible on AF

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Um, I'd stay banned, assuming there is a reason. If there isn't, make a new account.
    If I remember making two accounts gets you banned.But I think that's if you have a properly working one.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jose: You can't view people's profiles when you're banned either (not even your own! really gay). So you can't see them.

Edit: AAK, I have two accounts. o.o; I think they only told Mavericker that he would be banned because they didn't like him and his filter was a punishment he had to endure. I think they only ban you if you use it to escape a punishment (which you would be doing), but I do agree that making one might be okay in this instance. Was just wondering if people would go this far.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 08-18-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Senior Member Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2023 01:02 PM
    Threads

Some times old folks like myself don't wish to stay banned.

But yeah.. I never really had any problems with the extremely annoying rules of this place...

Man.. Minako really gave it to me for swearing some years ago but that's about it. I never had a problem in any of the forums I've been on

if I was banned.. I'd wanna know why and why wasn't I warned. Tis all

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jose: You can't view people's profiles when you're banned either (not even your own! really gay). So you can't see them.
    Do you mean you are locked into the "People We hate" Skin

If that's the case, log out and view them via "quest account" o_O

edit: Cappy Maverick has two accounts also o_O XDDDD, I don't think the admins know that yet *hint hint*
    Last edited by Jose; 08-18-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm sorry, I forgot that PMing privileges are taken away too when you're banned. xD So that's out.
    I could still PM Katou Ace when I was banned. But when one is permanently banned they cannot even log on to their account again at all.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Karel View Post
    Some times old folks like myself don't wish to stay banned.

But yeah.. I never really had any problems with the extremely annoying rules of this place...

Man.. Minako really gave it to me for swearing some years ago but that's about it. I never had a problem in any of the forums I've been on

if I was banned.. I'd wanna know why and why wasn't I warned. Tis all

hmm, most of the time you get banned by getting to many infractions points o_O if I remember what Ace told me 5 = banned but that may of changed o_O; anywho with each infraction you get a PM from mod/admin expaining the reason you got that infraction. So you would be 100% aware of the reason you where being banned =/

FYI infraction can vary in degrees
    1-2-3 points
    3 point infractions never expire from what I've been told o_O
    Last edited by Jose; 08-18-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Gah. Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2009 03:26 PM
    Threads

Well if I can't make another account, then I don't want to be part of AF. There are other sites out there.

Let me rephrase that: I'm not going to beg to be part of the forums.
    Last edited by Mmmmmmmmmm; 08-18-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jose101 View Post
    hmm, most of the time you get banned by getting to many infractions points o_O if I remember what Ace told me 5 = banned but that may of changed o_O; anywho with each infraction you get a PM from mod/admin expaining the reason you got that infraction. So you would be 100% aware of the reason you where being banned =/

FYI infraction can vary in degrees
    1-2-3 points
    3 point infractions never expire from what I've been told o_O
    How long for the infractions again?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aka Ari Kurosaki View Post
    How long for the infractions again?
    That's something you have to take up with the moderator/admin who gave you the infraction.

You and the staff can also see it when you view your user profile o_O even the infractions that have expired ^^
    Last edited by Jose; 08-18-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

That's right, in this scenario you have been banned. And, being that you are a respected member of this community, you are dumbfounded.
    Respected member like you, or respected member like Kishiro?

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jose101 View Post
    A moderator/administrator PM you a reason as to why you have recieved an infraction in a PM titled "You have recieved an Infraction from AF". In it states how many points it is worth along with a personal message stating why they have given it to you. (I think most AF users would know that as well as ,myself)

When Amray was banned he had well over '10' infraction points. After he was given 5 he was temperarily banned for five days. After his first ban it was when he had 18 infraction points when he was banned temperarily a second time. During that ban he could still PM the site administrator, this is so that a user can determine why they were banned or what not. Maybe even to apologize. After that he was permanently banned whilst still in his 2nd ban because he PM'ed something to someone that he should not have. So he was in fact actually banned three times, two of which were in eachother. He was a right git wasn't he?

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Regex View Post
    Respected member like you, or respected member like Kishiro?
    Firstly, that was pretty unnecessary Regex. Secondly, you decide.

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I'd PM one of the mods and ask why I was banned, then I'd make a new account and start all over again.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Come now, there is a difference in the sort of member the two of you are. You may both get your respect from the community in different ways, but it does make something of a difference in how you might expect the administration to react.

I think that affects the answer significantly.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

You actually can PM while banned, but since banned users are only allowed 5 saved PM's, you have to clear out your PM inbox/sent before you can send a message.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Oh, I hadn't known that Ace.

Regex, how about you answer the question assuming you are a respected member like you, since you know, that happens to be true. What would you do?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

First I'd cry since I don't like being banned for something that is not my fault..

Then I'd try and get my account back by however possible.. ^-^

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Closed Thread

Thread Information