AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Practise vs Talent

Junior Member teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse has a reputation beyond repute teh_mouse's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2008 09:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Practise vs Talent

In your own opinion what do you think makes somebody good at a game. Some people just start playing a game and are instantly good at it. whilst others practise for months on end and still end up being pwned left and right.

Then again there are people who have practised to the point they no every strategy and every place to go...
    “A man of honour should never forget what he is because he sees others for who they really are.”

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I am a quick learner at many things, therefore I can usually master a character or game in a matter of minutes. Turn-based RPG's are my strongest area in gaming though as I can greatly strategize what to do in boss battles and normal battles too ofcourse. This is probably because I have been playing these types of games for as long as I can remember.
    That which is; is the truth.

Senior Member Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

I think that people just have different natural strengths in games, but can also become crazy good in games with enough practice. I can play RPG's no problem, I'm pretty good at FPS's and action games, but Fighting and Puzzle games are the death of me.

Unlike my brother who is crazy good at puzzle game, but also he sucks at fighting games, but there is one that he has played for years that almost no one can beat him at, X-men :Children of the atom. He gets to play it for free since he works at an arcade, so he plays it during break, and over the years he has gotten crazy good at it.

So with enough practice anyone can become good at a game, but there are also people that playing a game comes naturally to.

Now, when is someone good at a game? I think its when they can have fun even when they lose, because they know they did their best and they know that the other person is better.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My suspicions lean strongly on the former.

I think it's a matter of whether you're accustomed to the platform (ex. aiming with the mouse in a PC FPS, or getting hitting the right directions with a joystick). If you've played a similar game before you'll learn more quickly.

That said, reflexes and hand-to-eye coordination may play a role as well, but I doubt it's as large as some people believe.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hardly play video games,but tend to get them right away.Here's the funny part.I lose to players with less experience,but win against people with more experience.I guess pressure can make a guy good.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aka Ari Kurosaki View Post
    I hardly play video games,but tend to get them right away.Here's the funny part.I lose to players with less experience,but win against people with more experience.I guess pressure can make a guy good.
    Once one of my best friends was playing "Ehrgeiz" for a whole week when he first got it, and one day I went to his house and played with him. I had never played the game before in my life, and for a joke I thought that I would have a fight with him using one hand to cover the whole controller just for fun....I won too. He was so gutted it was unreal, and what is more funny is that he cannot stand being beaten on his own games as it is.
    That which is; is the truth.

N64 Fan For Life zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2009 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: sweet oh oops......

I can practice and practice and I still do AWFUL it's frustrating
    Stuff I'm a Fan of: N64DD, N64, Beta Games, Nintendo, mii, Game Rare, Sega, AVGN, Nostalgic Critic, Pokemon, Star wars, The Simpsons, King Of The Hill, anime, Charmed, Pixar, Disney, 90's cartoons, Sonic The Hedgehog,

Things I'm Obsesed Over: N64DD,N64, Beta Zelda, Beta Games,Mii

I ABSOLUTLY HATE:The typical teenager, stereotypical my space pics, High School musical

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

To get to the professional circuit of any game, a certain amount of talent is needed to win I think. Although I've seen guys reach CAL-i who've started off as the worst players in CS history, and after maybe 3 or 4 years of playing, finally managed to get a chance to go, those are far and few between, and they're never the strongest players on their teams, and they usually don't go far.

Talent alone doesn't get you places. It's talent AND practice that makes the best. Fatal1ty anyone?

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

It doesnt matter if it talent or practice either way you can still get your butt handed to you by a button masher unless it a first person shooter or MMO those actually require talent and practice

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

I find I master all video games on my first try. This is mostly because every single game is the same.
    ████████████

Senior Member hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3 has a reputation beyond repute hirokiaibalovex3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2009 02:02 PM
    Threads

I don't believe that there is any "talent" for playing video games- all you need to do is press a few buttons or push a joystick, there really is no skill involved. I guess practice makes a person better then others, when it comes to video games.

I think that some people are better then others, at video games, because of the amount of games that they've played before. Of course, if you haven't ever played a video game in your life, I doubt you'd be very good on your first try.

"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better then your dreams."
    Forever&ever ily (:

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2017 10:29 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blackrosetwilight View Post
    It doesnt matter if it talent or practice either way you can still get your butt handed to you by a button masher unless it a first person shooter or MMO those actually require talent and practice
    I would disagree with you here. A button masher will never beat anyone who truly understands the combat engine of whatever game is in question - It just doesn't happen.

Also, how much talent is involved in an MMO? I love MMO's, but usually what you need is time and patience. After a while, you'll just figure out what "works." You'll reach a point where you cannot become anymore effective.

Member djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2008 06:17 AM
    Threads

If it's a role-playing game I will exhaust all capabilities that were given to me at my current level. I never confine my decisions i.e strategies with walkthroughs simply because *it spoils the thrill and sucks the lifeforce out of it!"

Idk about other games.. I'm not interested unless, if its the Megaman series, or sum fighting games. xXnot street fighterxx

Closed Thread

Thread Information