AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Elfen Lied

Senior Member Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2010 07:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Elfen Lied

It's 1:20 AM here in New York but I had to write something after seeing the end of this anime...

WOW!

That is all. I'll post more in the morning.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Like people have said before some of the nudity was unnecesary,and with a terrible ending.It wents solid until more and more nudity came up.I liked the premise:Girl locked now she's gonna shoot a brutha,but only so much.

Senior Member queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2010 02:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lol, a lot of people have that reaction after finishing Elfen Lied.

Oops, I meant to reply to the OP.
    Last edited by queenelfaria2; 08-15-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Junior Member Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez has a reputation beyond repute Varcertez's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 04:50 AM
    Threads

If by "WOW" you mean "hilarious" then I agree =P

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

T'is an amazing series. Beautiful. After I finished watching it, it pushed past many other of my other favourite anime series' to third place. It is still there too.
    That which is; is the truth.

Senior Member Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31 has a reputation beyond repute Deadeye31's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What struck me the most when I first watched it is the idea that Evangelion was considered the most graphic anime. But this anime has more violence and graphical content in its first 5 episodes than in all of Evangelion. It makes Evangelion look like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

The emotional side of the story though is far beyond anything. It tears a person in half with one side wanting to forgive lucy and understanding the death and destruction she deals out and the other side wondering whether she should be stopped.

I personally don't know what I would do in Kouta's position but I do give his character a great deal of respect for ultimately looking past her past mistakes. It takes a big man to see his family slaughtered and to not lash out at the killer. It takes a bigger man to love that person.

The story really has so many questions for us to ponder. Is there a right and wrong time to kill? Is it ok to kill something that did nothing wrong (their horned children)? And, who are the real monsters in Elfen Lied? Us or the Diclonii? I've known for a long time that children are vicious monsters. Unable to trust or accept anyone not like them. There are exceptions, made example by Kouta, but they are far too often overlooked by society as a whole. And far too often, the evils of children are also overlooked. I won't shed a tear for those boys, you know the ones I write about.

Adults tend to be no better. They fear what they don't understand; Manipulate things they can't control and show little regard for the people they hurt in the process. But there may be hope, as elfen lied shows us, for humanity. Kurama, at least, is not the monster he was portrayed as at first and decides to save Nana rather than kill her.

Overall, I loved the anime. I never thought, till I saw this and "This Ugly yet Beautiful World" that so much could be shown in so few episodes of an anime.

As for the ending, I like to think that is the Nyu side of her standing there.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aka Ari Kurosaki View Post
    Like people have said before some of the nudity was unnecesary,and with a terrible ending.It wents solid until more and more nudity came up.I liked the premise:Girl locked now she's gonna shoot a brutha,but only so much.
    The nudity? yes, that is indeed unnecessary. Ending? what? The story of Lucy isn't finished yet!!

She did not die!
    Try reading the manga before saying that word.

I really like this anime but the blood is a little over board. I could deal with blood but that much gets my sadistic side to act up. I hope that if they plan to make a season two, they'll lessen the blood factor.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Senior Member Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2009 02:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1332-7412-2038

This is one of my favorite series, if you can manage to look past the gore and nudity then you will see an absolutely amazing drama/romance which is the main reason that i enjoy it so much

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm 21 so I've seen worse as far as nudity, the gore here though, is right up there with any horror movie. I think Jason and Freddy would give cudos to Lucy.

I actually loved the story. I thought it was well played out and really pulled a string or two in your heart. Deffinitely a must see for adults.

Member jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2009 11:31 PM
    Threads

this series isnt so bad iv seen worse... gants is a pretty bad one with nudity... its not afraid to show

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono XIII View Post
    The nudity? yes, that is indeed unnecessary. Ending? what? The story of Lucy isn't finished yet!!

She did not die!
    Try reading the manga before saying that word.

I really like this anime but the blood is a little over board. I could deal with blood but that much gets my sadistic side to act up. I hope that if they plan to make a season two, they'll lessen the blood factor.
    Sorry,but chances are it won't.Madman Ent. likes to crap around and shorten a 100 chapter manga to 13 episodes.Look at:
    Air Gear
    Beck
    Real Bout

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aka Ari Kurosaki View Post
    Sorry,but chances are it won't.Madman Ent. likes to crap around and shorten a 100 chapter manga to 13 episodes.Look at:
    Air Gear
    Beck
    Real Bout
    I don't know about Madman Ent. But the other animes you've mentioned, I'm aware of them. Yeah, the chances may be slim but heck there's no harm in trying to hope for it! I just hope the 2nd season will be made, if not, well, I can live with that.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

after all this criticism about it, all i have to say is: the ending was PERFECT and that's an objective opinion. if you don't like this kind of endings, that's your own problem. i never read manga, so i can't say which one is better but it's hard to believe that manga could do better than this.

Senior Member gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 02:42 PM
    Threads

the beginning of the series was awesome, when Lucy comes out of the containment killing everyone with the slightest of ease... and then it went downhill from there imo.
    i didn't like how she would just knock herself unconcious so her other side would wake up... kinda got a little old after 4 episodes of doing that.
    and the ending felt both rushed and drawn out at the same time... if the girls were told to kill eachother, why didnt they just rip eachother apart like they did with every other person they killed, instead of punching each other and seeing "who's better and using their vectors?"
    I watched it all in one sitting, and i'm glad i did... otherwise i dont know if i would have been able to watch the last 3 episodes one per day.
    If it just tastes sweet
    Let's put some salt on it

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I always watch anime in one sitting. I hate not knowing what will happen next. The downside is, I don't usually finish till like 12AM and then I can't sleep because I need time to process the anime. But I think it's worth it.
    Who am I? I am The Man in the Iron Mask.

Senior Member gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 02:42 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye31 View Post
    I always watch anime in one sitting. I hate not knowing what will happen next. The downside is, I don't usually finish till like 12AM and then I can't sleep because I need time to process the anime. But I think it's worth it.
    lol if it's midnight for me, i usually just start a whole nother show and pull an all nighter watching it
    If it just tastes sweet
    Let's put some salt on it

Senior Member mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2009 04:00 PM
    Threads

i just got finished watching it 10 minutes ago i liked it alot eery aspect of it had a meaning and a pupose. everything made so much sense at the end. it even made me cry i wont go into deyails but it was really good now i see why alot of people like it

Member zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21 has a reputation beyond repute zerohalo21's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2008 10:19 PM
    Threads

I loved it. one of the best i've seen in a long time.

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Did you only watch the anime?

It's a coincidence because the manga scanslation has been finished. I thought you were talking about the manga at first.

I think the anime ended decently. It should have had more closure--that is that Lucy should have died. Her dead body should have been revealed to us. (If you didn't notice, you see a shadows of a person at the apartment's entrance that probably is Lucy)

The manga was crap. You learn a few extra things, but in the end it sucks. It ending seems rushed and poorly planned. There were too many loose threads that should have been snipped before the abrupt ending.
    The manga really started going down hill around the part where we have tons of perverted moments with female scientist whose co-worker was killed by Lucy.

Another thing the manga lacked was the song which drove the anime "Lilium". Without that song, this series would be fail--though some would say it is as much as is.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah, that one song really tied the whole thing together. It's tied the past and present and, yes, without it the whole thing would be worthless.
    Who am I? I am The Man in the Iron Mask.

Closed Thread

Thread Information