AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Long distance/internet relationships.

♥零 law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Aria Neko Cookie Double Bento
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2011 06:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I have never had a long distance/internet relationships.
    I'm not really into that...

It's not that i have something against LD/I relationships, but I think that for a relationship to work well, you need to be able to see the person and share a lot of time with him/her/them.

I mean I agree on having LD/I friends, (wich I totally love *hugs*)
    but just that, nothing romantic, nothing stressful >.>

as october breath said:
    Don't fall in love with the persocom.

~Kya!~ animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 12:16 PM
    Threads

I have been in several online relationships, and quite few, I very much regret. I think what drew me in was the whole 'Knowing a personality before appearance' thing. I'm not all sure if what or who I was talking to was genuine, but I gave 100% me, and I was accepted.

Yet there’s a drawback to dating online, one I hate most, not being with that person, irl. You know their personality, you fall for them, yet you'll never get to hold them. (Most relationships I’ve had have been on the other side of the world!)

Yet, I must say, for the guy i'm with now, i’m extremely happy, we've been dating for nearly a year now, and he being in the same country is a plus! XD But I’m trying to transfer it to phone and letters, then (When we can afford it) to meeting up....well that’s what I’m planning anyway.

I could say alot more on dating online, but, that'll take too long xD
    Kiii!~

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Internet/long distance relationships rarely work.

Alright, if you're one of those freaky RPing weirdos who claim to know vampires exist, and that you in fact are a vampire, there's probably a reason you don't have love in real life. Those kind of kids are, what, 13-15? And they use chat to find a 'love' and claim they actually do 'love' this person, any random person in chat who responded to their call for "ASL"s. Then they start roleplaying with each other, claiming they still love each other, but never calling each other, meeting up, or exchanging pictures. They just follow whatever they read in a chat. You never find out who really is behind the screen.

Now, not every internet relationship is like this (obviously), but basically, you're just loving the person's words, not really the person either way. Also, it's easier to correct what you type more than what you say. If you're about to type something, hey, you can easily fix it before you send it out for the world to see!
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 08-11-2008 at 07:27 PM.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Your basically in love with the monitor and the voice on your phone.Your choice.As long as your children grows up with an IQ higher than 46 I'm happy for you.

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I've been going out with Ninna online for almost eight months. It's working out good and we're both comfortable with it.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

I am one to always look at it like this.

If the relationship is strong enough, then why are you both still living so far apart?
    ████████████

Senior Member october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2010 01:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous Feind View Post
    I am one to always look at it like this.

If the relationship is strong enough, then why are you both still living so far apart?
    That's an easy question to answer. There are always circumstances like being too young to move or the lack of money. Love maybe blind but I don't think it's that blind.
    あなたとーしょに海で歩かせて下さい。

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Been there, done that.

And yet, here I am, still doing it again.

I sure am stubborn.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Senior Member DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2008 03:06 PM
    Threads

I'd say that both ways being with some one in real life or internet dating...that person can be fake in both ways...seen it a plenty times happening. If your one of those lucky few who actually met someone truthfully than congratz but hey life swing in alot of direction you never know what might happen!
    [D3Designz]

Mini's Piñata norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld has a reputation beyond repute norrlandsguld's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 02:08 AM
    Threads

i have an e-rel.
    we've been dating for almost 1 year and 6 months and it works
    the only thing that sucks is i can't show her what i want to show.
    i can't give her the warm embrace that she wants but she's going
    to wait for me and i'm going to wait for her no matter anyways.
    back from the dead...

Senior Member DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2008 03:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Staaake View Post
    i have an e-rel.
    we've been dating for almost 1 year and 6 months and it works
    the only thing that sucks is i can't show her what i want to show.
    i can't give her the warm embrace that she wants but she's going
    to wait for me and i'm going to wait for her no matter anyways.
    Aslong both of you have that type of understanding it could be working out in your two's favour! hope it does!!
    [D3Designz]

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

i have much experience with this.

before i was 16 and came to AF, i was completely cynical to the concept of online dating, even though i looked as though i was -made- for it at the time and couldn't, in all honestly, get a girl offline. i had an amazing personality and my grades were A's and B's, but no girl seemed to want only that. or they didn't want it at all, and just needed someone to drool over and dress like a..-ahem- for.

that is what attracted me to online dating, in the end. i was chubby, shy, and reclusive offline, and thusly, few-to-no girls gave me a chance; but online..i felt like i could be accepted on a personality-first/only basis. and i was. a girl fell in love with me purely based on my personality and what i said, and i, her.

we lasted 7 months, dating on AF...but, there was a problem (several, actually), which is one of the factors that have led to what now seems like my frustration with online relationships: she lied to me (she also cheated on me), would not come online to see me for days at a time and wonder why i was pissed off at her, and told me we would meet in the winter of 07 but never followed through.

so, i dumped her.

but. i still wanting to give internet dating a shot. so, i would come to date 6 more girls in the span of a year.

* one girl lied about her age (i thought she was 17, and turns out..well..i won't say. x: she's a good friend now tho.)

* one turned out to be a 26 yr old, self loathing, jobless cat-lady with a beer belly.

* one cheated on me, while throwing a hissy fit over me so much as talking to other girls.

* one was just...stupid...and refused to spend time with me.

* one was actually pretty good for me, and we still talk..i just think she got the wrong idea with me and became a tad obsessive and consumed with her own problems. I wouldn't mind being with her at all, but only if we met before giving it another go. she said she'll get me drunk this year anyway. xD

and.

* one was the love of my life. i truly believe that. when she started confiding in other guys before me tho, and wouldnt stop putting herself down, i told her we needed a break. so we go on, and we are still in love and couple-like. but, then she goes and tell someone else she loves him. or so her friends and mine say. and when i confront her, she says that she was thinking about dating him...while still telling me she loves me. so i told her i was leaving. suddenly, she backtracks, but i still leave. a few weeks pass, i come back, and she is all over me, saying she only wants me and that the two arent dating. but as the months go by, thats all i hear - that they -are- dating. and i could tell they had something. but she swore they didnt. and that she still wanted to marry me. have my kids. in the end tho, i had just been hurt too badly. so. bam.

that would be the relationship to make me cynical, when it comes to online dating. that's a whole hell of a lot of heartache and hope to go through, only to have the person be selfish and lie to you. she could have been the same way had we been a couple who lived next door to each other, but i surely would have caught on faster if she were to do such things..or, seeing as how it was a trust and contact issue, it could have been avoided or lessened by us being able to touch and hold each other, without such strong insecurities.

it's not that i won't consider online dating again..because, i think the problem has moreso been the girls i have went for or whom have went for me. you know, the girls who dont know the difference between love, infatuation, and lust, and who can't seem to get a grip on reality; who pretty much say that they have found "the one" EVERY frickin' time they date someone, because they are retards when it comes to love. which .. a lot of times, seems to be just about every teenage girl (i'd say 2-3 of the girls werent or werent -completely- like that tho, but a lot of the girls whom have crushed on me online have been). however, i think it best to have a "we can't be boyfriend and girlfriend until we meet each other. if you can't handle that and be that dedicated, then you aren't for me, because i am done with immature girls, and i am looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with - not a month" policy, now.

now tho, it would seem as tho some females actually find me physically -and- mentally appealing. xD there are like, 5 girls who have a thing for me offline, and honestly, i like that more than having 10 girls who are 15 - 18 yrs old falling for me because their ex treated them like crap and they need someone to cry to. it makes me feel more confident, and i have become more social as a result.

so, in my case, i'd prefer to date offline at this point. i am willing to give a girl in another state a shot, sure. one girl lives in california and says that we are going to marry and have kids - that i am the only guy for her. been there, done that. so, i tell her, if you want that to come close to fruition, then we have to meet first, before we date. because i need someone i can hold, kiss, and cuddle..beyond roleplaying it. i need that actual sensation of skin on skin. its only human nature to desire as much.

and that concludes my essay, teacher. lol.
    Last edited by Music Fiend; 08-12-2008 at 08:48 AM.

CircleJerk Elitist MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Pizza Cake Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2014 03:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MissAstaire

Wow. Fiend, your "essay" makes my heart hurt... Lol. There's actually this song that describes those girls who say they found "the one" everytime they meet a guy. Wonder (If She'll Get It) by Superchick. Awesome song (funneh too) and pretty much sums up the majority of teen girls everywhere. Including my "friend"...

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by erised_lily View Post
    Wow. Fiend, your "essay" makes my heart hurt... Lol. There's actually this song that describes those girls who say they found "the one" everytime they meet a guy. Wonder (If She'll Get It) by Superchick. Awesome song (funneh too) and pretty much sums up the majority of teen girls everywhere. Including my "friend"...
    lol. well, thes best way to learn is through experience, my dear. :P i only regret the first relationship.

and i'll give it a listen. xD i like humourous songs.

Souhi's beloved fangirl *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 11:59 AM
    Threads

Online relationships aren't for those who can't find love elsewhere, guys. Saying that is like...so mean. T_T

If you find your true love, does it matter WHERE you found them? Hmmmm.
    ~Thanks, Souhi! I heart it!~

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by october breath View Post
    That's an easy question to answer. There are always circumstances like being too young to move or the lack of money. Love maybe blind but I don't think it's that blind.

Too young to move? In this country you can leave home at 16 without parents consent. So we are talking 15 year olds?
    ████████████

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Been there, done that.

It works if both are serious.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by .Lovebeat View Post
    Been there, done that.

It works if both are serious.
    not neccessarily. o.O i've been quite serious in all but one..two at most of those relationships. and, as my explanations presented, none of them worked out.

or..maybe one could agree with you and say that it might work given that circumstance, but it won't neccessarily work well or for that long.

Senior Member october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Too young to move? In this country you can leave home at 16 without parents consent. So we are talking 15 year olds?
    Well in the UK it's 16 but in the US it's 18.
    あなたとーしょに海で歩かせて下さい。

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Protip: There are other countries in the world.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2008 03:17 PM
    Threads

I've read through all the posts and really, I'm ashamed at some of you.. I know I'm new here, but some of the words that were said here... they didn't need said. People seek online relationships in different degrees and for different reasons. Nobody has any right to call someone else bad names for trying to find themselves and others.

I personally am currently involved in a long-distance relationship. We've been together for more than 2 years now. We meet online about... 5 or 6 years ago, he was 12ish and I was 15ish. We did the "online dating" thing for a good while and we broke up and got back together at least 4 times. There was always a sort of special connection there and we kept being drawn back to each other.

Our relationship progressed as we got older and we moved onto using Skype to voice chat and use webcams to see each other. We decided to meet last summer (2007) for the first time... and it was just amazing. We spent 6 solid weeks together. We met again around Christmas and, just about 3 weeks ago, he left from our most recent visit of 7 weeks together.

I know 2 other couples also in working long distance relationships (one is even across the Pacific Ocean) and a relative of mine is happily married to a woman he met online. The guy I met and I are dating with the intention of marriage, as well.

So, it's quite silly to judge people for things like that and, quite frankly, this thread has left a bad taste in my mouth for this entire forum... up until now, I've seen a lot of really nice people and read and participated in a lot of fun topics.... but now I'm wondering if this forum is some place that I'm going to enjoy and feel welcomed on, considering how many replies just indirectly insulted me so harshly.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
    I've read through all the posts and really, I'm ashamed at some of you.. I know I'm new here, but some of the words that were said here... they didn't need said. People seek online relationships in different degrees and for different reasons. Nobody has any right to call someone else bad names for trying to find themselves and others.

I personally am currently involved in a long-distance relationship. We've been together for more than 2 years now. We meet online about... 5 or 6 years ago, he was 12ish and I was 15ish. We did the "online dating" thing for a good while and we broke up and got back together at least 4 times. There was always a sort of special connection there and we kept being drawn back to each other.

Our relationship progressed as we got older and we moved onto using Skype to voice chat and use webcams to see each other. We decided to meet last summer (2007) for the first time... and it was just amazing. We spent 6 solid weeks together. We met again around Christmas and, just about 3 weeks ago, he left from our most recent visit of 7 weeks together.

I know 2 other couples also in working long distance relationships (one is even across the Pacific Ocean) and a relative of mine is happily married to a woman he met online. The guy I met and I are dating with the intention of marriage, as well.

So, it's quite silly to judge people for things like that and, quite frankly, this thread has left a bad taste in my mouth for this entire forum... up until now, I've seen a lot of really nice people and read and participated in a lot of fun topics.... but now I'm wondering if this forum is some place that I'm going to enjoy and feel welcomed on, considering how many replies just indirectly insulted me so harshly.
    Well that's just how human nature rolls. Everyone has their own way of percieving things. When it comes to the down right "dirty" topics pride can be hurt but if you feel strongly about who you are and what your goals are no need to be to take things to heart. What do people know about you?
    あなたとーしょに海で歩かせて下さい。

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you are going to take things said on the internet not only seriously but personally then this probably isn't the place for you. In fact, most of the internet isn't a place for you. People will judge you on the internet, and they will tell you you are stupid if they believe it to be true. Maybe they are mistaken, and maybe they aren't. It's an opinion, and they are entitled to one.

If you are thin skinned, and have a problem with people stating their opinions, I'd suggest switching to Gaia Online or something.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2008 03:17 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    If you are going to take things said on the internet not only seriously but personally then this probably isn't the place for you. In fact, most of the internet isn't a place for you. People will judge you on the internet, and they will tell you you are stupid if they believe it to be true. Maybe they are mistaken, and maybe they aren't. It's an opinion, and they are entitled to one.

If you are thin skinned, and have a problem with people stating their opinions, I'd suggest switching to Gaia Online or something.
    Oh wow, I was totally wrong about this forum. I've been to dozens of forums full of pricks and when I registered here, everyone was really nice. So, hey, I figured, maybe I can actually go to a forum and just chat and enjoy myself, everyone here seems decent.

It's not that I have a problem with people stating their opinions, it's just wow... do people have no respect for others? Some of the things here were just rude, are there no moderators here? And trust me, I'm anything but thin skinned but I came to this forum hoping it was a nice community where I wouldn't have to deal with things like that.

Geez.
    Last edited by Flame Haze; 08-12-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Member FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2008 12:27 AM
    Threads

Oh wow, I was totally wrong about this forum. I've been to dozens of forums full of pricks and when I registered here, everyone was really nice. So, hey, I figured, maybe I can actually go to a forum and just chat and enjoy myself, everyone here seems decent.

It's not that I have a problem with people stating their opinions, it's just wow... do people have no respect for others? Some of the things here were just rude, are there no moderators here? And trust me, I'm anything but thin skinned but I came to this forum hoping it was a nice community where I wouldn't have to deal with things like that.

Geez.

I just saw people voicing their opinions. Some people believe in internet dating, some don't. But most people in this thread, whether they personally believed in it or not, said it could be possible with the right kind of people.
    You also have to take ages into account as well. And it's good that the moderators aren't too strict here either.

Closed Thread

Thread Information