AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: X/1999

Member Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 02:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default X/1999

So, I really, really want to start watching this anime, but, before I do, can anyone give me your own opinions on it?
    Can you tell me how many episodes in total there are?
    Movies?
    Anything? xD

Thanks a lot.

This anime looks great.

** If this is in the wrong section, I am sorry for that, And, if someone made a topic for this anime, I am again, Sorry

Junior Member *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2008 02:41 PM
    Threads

I liked this anime very much... if you like fantastic/magical with many bloody scenes then i suggest to watch it....oh and it's quite serious. this anime has very interesthing story and very well drawn (very beautifull)... there's also a movie with the same name.
    p.s. sorry i don't remember how much was there ep... saw this anime few years ago... but there wasn't too many ep... less than 40, i think
    We must never shed tears.
    That is the life form's defeat
    and if we give in to the emotions
    then it only becomes proof
    of our inability to control it.
    I laugh in the face of danger. Then run and hide until it goes away

Member Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps has a reputation beyond repute Leeps's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 02:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *arashi* View Post
    I liked this anime very much... if you like fantastic/magical with many bloody scenes then i suggest to watch it....oh and it's quite serious. this anime has very interesthing story and very well drawn (very beautifull)... there's also a movie with the same name.
    p.s. sorry i don't remember how much was there ep... saw this anime few years ago... but there wasn't too many ep... less than 40, i think
    Thanks a lot, I'm going to check this out for sure.

Senior Member ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2009 10:17 PM
    Threads

i have not yet finish the series but as far as i've watched....it is really good^^!!!

there's a live action film and 24 epsiodes
    Signature made by: Greenflames.....THANKIES*hugs*

Senior Member procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu has a reputation beyond repute procrastinator_zerokiryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2010 01:53 PM
    Threads

I seriously discourage you to watch the anime'. Sure, the story seems good at some points, but the character development was a little... I dunno... off? There are likeable characters such as Subaru and Yuto, but overall it isn't that impressive. The pace is a bit slow if you ask me... and the ending was rushed. As in, instant kill... no thrill or suspense whatsoever...

I'll give a little credit to the animation, though. As it was nicely done and was one of the few fine points of the series.

Not sure if you've watched it already (since you posted this two months ago) but I hope that you survived through it... because it was painfully dull... for me at least.

Let's pretend that there's something significantly life-changing written right here.

Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i've only seen a couple episodes of this anime and remember reading some of the translated manga .. it seems really interesting, and I do like the theme song .. it's on my MP3 player.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-12-2008 at 01:32 PM.
    @tumblr | @moonpixels | 月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

"X" has always been my favourite anime/manga series. 'tis amazing. It was the second anime that I ever watched and has not been beaten still and remains my most loved and cherished anime.

I have the 24 episode series, the movie, and even the soundtracks. The movie is epic, mesmirising, very depressing, and just simply beautiful.

I would recommend one to watch the series before the movie despite the movie being older. My reason is because if you do watch the series you will get a better idea and background of the characters as a whole as that is a department that the movie lacks in. This way you will know entirely who and what the characters are and it will make the movie so much more enjoyable, understanding, and upsetting for a person.

"X" will not disappoint you. 10/10 from me, with ease.
    That which is; is the truth.

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

I saw the movie first and was a little disappointed at the fast pace of the story because I like the characters. I saw that the series come out and picked it up and I really like it. Towards the end of the series when

everyone starts dying
    I was actually sad becuase I liked how they developed the characters.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

X is brutal...there are 24 episodes,and one movie,,ending differently...
    I love this show very much...It's having superb plot and great character designs...
    Being on higher psychological level is only another plus to it...
    Despite shoujo overtones and a plot focused on fate and tragedy,X is loaded with supernatural combat and basically categorizes it as a very dark,moody,and sometimes morbid show...
    Music is good too,goes well with the complete mood of anime...I quite enjoyed in both,in show music and standalone OST...
    Overall,great show,I'd rate it with 9.5/10 ...
    Definitely deserves to be watched...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Probably the best - and only good work - that CLAMP has done.

X/1999 is great.

Junior Member sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita has much to be proud of sumita's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2008 04:01 AM
    Threads

awesome show..I have watched this Show....I really enjoyed this Show...
    Last edited by sumita; 10-21-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Member Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth has a reputation beyond repute Atziluth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2008 04:09 AM
    Threads

I haven't seen the anime. I have seen a movie but that was previous to my reading the series. I think I've seen maybe one or two of the episodes.

Hopefully, this information can still be relevant to someone, though.

X/1999 is...

Well, to me, it is utter angst!fest. I think there are only about two characters who do not have some serious angst time going on. The art is pretty, though, and the lack of an ending which seems to be indefinite is acceptable for fear of what CLAMP might do if they choose to take it back up.

Something that I would advise: While I do not know how true to manga they stay with the Sei/Subaru arc, you must read Tokyo Babylon (the art is daunting at first, but it grows on you) to understand the significance of most of their scenes at all.

It's decent. It doesn't rank in my top ten but it'd probably rank in my top fifteen. I'd suggest it to anyone with a flavor for tragedy.

i n e r t i a - - - c r e e p s.

Closed Thread

Thread Information