AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What are the Dragonball Z movies like?

Member Stu is just really nice Stu is just really nice Stu is just really nice Stu is just really nice Stu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2008 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What are the Dragonball Z movies like?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying some of the stand-alone DBZ films.
    There's a list here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...gon_.281995.29
    Are they any good, any ones that aren't worth buying?

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 05:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

History Of Trunks isn't worth buying unless you buy it with the Bardock saga double set.Mostly because it alon is about 40-50 minutes,but with tha Bardock you get at least one hour and 40 minutes worth.

Bio-Broly isn't worth it unless your a big Broly fan.
    Fusion Reborn is a must.I loved it VERY much.

Basically buy them together.Saves money.

Member Stu is just really nice Stu is just really nice Stu is just really nice Stu is just really nice Stu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok, thanks. I haven't got anything DB other than some of the series', and I'm missing Dragonball, so I thought it's time to stock up on the films.
    Must say that I'm looking forward to the live-action one, just hope they do the series justice though. If you can get a true conversion to live-action then DB could be an epic couple of movies.

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2014 12:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Dragonball is far better than the DBZ specials and movies. Buy it first.
    Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He, he, no what I meant was that I'm missing something new concerning the Dragonball. I mean DBZ ended in '98 right.
    Last edited by Stu; 08-11-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2014 12:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    He, he, no what I meant was that I'm missing something new concerning the Dragonball. I mean DBZ ended in '98 right.
    Do you mean you meant DB & DBZ when you said "Dragonball?"
    Even if you have everything from all three series, don't purchase the movies/specials. Unless you're obsessed, renting each one once will be more than enough. They're usually barely longer than an episode (the longest struggle to reach one hour), they have uninventive "plots," they eviscerate the real story and the prices are most definitely too high for the refuse contained within.

The only truly new things I've heard about the DB franchise are a disgraceful live-action movie from 20th Century Fox and one (1) new animated movie or special. Until I see reasons to think otherwise, neither of them will I consider worth purchasing either.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 08-12-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 09:45 AM
    Threads

Most of the later Dragonball Z movies aren't worth the money, the only reason I bothered to purchase them is because I wanted to collect them all.
    ████████████

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 06:11 AM
    Threads

Hehe, I've got 'Super Saiya Son Soku' and 'Super battle in the world'

Both of them are cool I got free stickers with mine ^^ They're the ones with Emporer Slug and Tarles. I haven't seen any other films though.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 09:57 PM
    Threads

The DBZ movies worth buying are:

Both Cooler movies (Movies 4-5 I think)
    Three Super Saiyans (Movie 6the ones where they fight Androids 13,14,15)
    The first Brolly movie (think its movie 7, this one is great)
    Fusion Reborn movie (has Janemba in it.. think its movie 12)
    Wrath of the Dragon (think thats the name..Movie 13, the Tapion/Hildegarn movie)

Those were the ones I'd buy, personally.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    Do you mean you meant DB & DBZ when you said "Dragonball?"
    Even if you have everything from all three series, don't purchase the movies/specials. Unless you're obsessed, renting each one once will be more than enough. They're usually barely longer than an episode (the longest struggle to reach one hour), they have uninventive "plots," they eviscerate the real story and the prices are most definitely too high for the refuse contained within.

The only truly new things I've heard about the DB franchise are a disgraceful live-action movie from 20th Century Fox and one (1) new animated movie or special. Until I see reasons to think otherwise, neither of them will I consider worth purchasing either.
    Yeah I meant everything encompassing DB, DBZ and DBGT. Having watched and rewatched them, I though it's time to think about getting something new concerning DB/DBZ/DBGT. And this would only be the stand-alones. Unless I was feeling quite rich or looking for the full DB collection, I wouldn't go near the first live action DVB movie. Looks like a shocker - check out the trailer. Now I do have high hopes for the new live action film though. I just hope they do it justice.

Closed Thread

Thread Information