AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: OOC: Feeling out a new sort of way to RP.

Shirt Critter Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2009 01:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default OOC: Feeling out a new sort of way to RP.

I've been thinking about doing an RP based off Battle Royale, the book. But, for it to effectively work, I'd think most of it would need to be done through PMs. I'll try to briefly outline what I was thinking, though it will probably make more sense to those who've read the book.

The beginning would start out in a common thread, like most RPs, but as each character leaves the "area", they'd no longer be allowed to post in that thread and they'd get a PM from me, telling them what their randomly assigned weapon was and including a map that they would need. Instead, they'd send me a PM once a day with what their character did. One day would equal roughly one hour. If someone doesn't have a chance to PM me that day, I will assume their character stays where they are.

After I get everyone's PMs, I would then PM every character back, telling them if they heard gunshots, someone moving around, spotted a flashlight, etc. based off where they said they were located and the other characters actions.

Like the book, I'd post once every 6 days (or hours in this case) in the common thread, letting people know what zones were off limits and what characters were killed.

I'd refrain from playing an actual student because I'd judge who would win fights in the game, based off weapons, tiredness, allies, etc. The one thing that seems a bit troublesome to me is that there would be only one winner, so everyone else's character(s) would have been killed off. But, most of the RPers here seem like they'd be able to deal with not coming out on "top".

If this makes any sense to you, tell me what you think. Yay or nay my idea, please!
    this is a test of the emergency broadcast system
    this is only a test

Member Noraith will become famous soon enough Noraith's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2008 02:56 PM
    Threads

I like it actually , I wonder why ... Hmmm.. Well i give it a thumbs up

I didn't find a awesome signature , so i decided to quote some of my friends (Too bad only one answered)

''Sleeping is for the weak''
    Black

the lone samuri Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2009 05:41 PM
    Threads

I think it's pretty good,though the picking the weapon, should be left to the people, but that is my suggestion.

Shirt Critter Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks has a reputation beyond repute Megumi Oaks's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2009 01:30 PM
    Threads

The weapon part could be left to the people if it was based off anything other than Battle Royale. But, in Battle Royale you're assigned a random weapon that comes in your bag and have to make due with that.
    this is a test of the emergency broadcast system
    this is only a test

the lone samuri Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin has a brilliant future Shuuchishin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2009 05:41 PM
    Threads

Ya, it was just a suggestion though, But seems fun any way.

Closed Thread

Thread Information