AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dogs and Puppies: Help and Troubleshooting

Member Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2014 09:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: OnyxBird

Default Dogs and Puppies: Help and Troubleshooting

Hey guys. i think one of my wishes is finally coming true. my parents have been thinking about getting a dog and they have been saying things like, "The pet store is going to get new ones next week." and "We'll see how much they cost." my mom has also been looking up facts and help.

The kind of dog we have been thinking about is called a Papillon. perfect outdoor dogs and not annoying yappers either. perfect for me and my family. we live in a three family apartment house with a HUGE yard.

Well, if any of you guys have any facts and tips for me (technically this is my first dog. the dog that we had before died when i was only 3) i'll be happy to take them.

P.S. Keep the tips serious. i'm not gonna take any joking around. i mean, any other time is great but i'm really excited yet nervous about getting my first dog. also visit this site for a picture and a description about Papillons: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/papillon.htm thanks

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

The papillion is a small, toy breed.

It might be best suited to you, as opposed to say, a border collie, which I have.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Member Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
    The papillion is a small, toy breed.

It might be best suited to you, as opposed to say, a border collie, which I have.
    I LOVE border collies! my parents said that if/when we move into a bigger house that we might get 1. but right now we're going small and working our way up. it's better than having 2 HUGE Rottweilers in a small house with a tiny yard

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

The best advice I can give you is to NOT buy from a pet store. Do you have any idea how those dog's were bred, what conditions they were kept in during whelp? For all you know, the store buys from a puppy miller (a person who breeds one or more female dogs more often than is safe for that dog and gives little care or concern to the mother and her pups after birth ... I could go on and on but I won't).

Once you pick a breed that is best suited to fit in with your family, look for a reputable breeder, or look into a dog rescue for that breed. You can find many decent breeders who give their puppies, and the puppies mother, the best care they can get. As for a rescue, that's good for if you want a pet but also are interested in taking in a pet who hasn't had the best life up to this point but would love to be in your family.

Just stay away from pet stores. Buy your supplies there, but not the actual pet.
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Import a dog from Mexico.There you can return them whenever you want by saying it didn't get here legally.I swear I'm honest.One time I'm not trying to be funy.It worked for my cousin.

Try to get one from a shelter from a burned house.Those are the nicest sweetest dogs ever!

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jakiao View Post
    The best advice I can give you is to NOT buy from a pet store. Do you have any idea how those dog's were bred, what conditions they were kept in during whelp? For all you know, the store buys from a puppy miller (a person who breeds one or more female dogs more often than is safe for that dog and gives little care or concern to the mother and her pups after birth ... I could go on and on but I won't).

Once you pick a breed that is best suited to fit in with your family, look for a reputable breeder, or look into a dog rescue for that breed. You can find many decent breeders who give their puppies, and the puppies mother, the best care they can get. As for a rescue, that's good for if you want a pet but also are interested in taking in a pet who hasn't had the best life up to this point but would love to be in your family.

Just stay away from pet stores. Buy your supplies there, but not the actual pet.
    Good advice. i think we might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Teacher Kurosaki View Post
    Import a dog from Mexico.There you can return them whenever you want by saying it didn't get here legally.I swear I'm honest.One time I'm not trying to be funy.It worked for my cousin.

Try to get one from a shelter from a burned house.Those are the nicest sweetest dogs ever!
    I know. i've always wanted to rescue a dog. and the whole importing-a-dog-from-Mexico thing won't work for me. we don't know any Mexcians that travel down there often and we don't live anywhere near there. oh, well i think we might buy from a breeder or rescue it.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Reputable breeders or adoption is really the way to go. I'd say adoption, but that's because I'd rather give a homeless dog a home.

Oh, make sure you establish a bond but introduce other people early on that might hug/touch you, otherwise the dog may get posessive and that causes issues.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Papillons are very active dogs, despite their small size. They do not mind having some play time in the yard and will jump at the chance to do so. They need a nice long walk. They should also have plenty of toys to play with. If you find a toy that you can hide treats in, that would be good, as Papillons are quite intelligent and like to figure things out. Because of this, they are very easy to train.

Papillons are, when trained and exposed, very good with strangers and other pets and animals. They are good watchdogs but there is a problem with this. Some have a hard time distinguishing what sounds are a threat to the family and what sounds are not. This a bigger problem in apartments where there are more people and sounds to decipher versus a house where sounds are limited to the house and the immediate area around it. They will bark to warn the family of any sound they perceive as a threat, which could be anything. However, if you train them, they will eventually calm down and learn which things are actually threats.

Small breeds like Papillons may get Luxating Patella ("trick knee") and inspiratory paroxysmal respiration (commonly known as "reverse sneezing").
    With LP, the condition usually appears within a few months of a dogs life. Depending on the severity, the dog will either be fine or require surgery in the knee. Reverse sneezing is not uncommon but the cause is unknown. The dog will make rapid inhalations through their nose, causing a harsh snorting and gargling sound. Its an alarming sound (my dog sometimes does it and I always jump when he does) but its not harmful for the dog, although if it happens too much, it could be a sign of a problem.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2010 09:49 PM
    Threads

Papillons are soo cute especially those trademark ears. And they apparently make really great choice for first time doggie owners, unlike say, a German Shepard.

Anyway, my advice to you would be not to get a dog/puppy from a pet shop. Try finding a reputable breeder. (If getting a pup, always ask to see the mother).
    A second option would be to adopt one.

~Thanks to Paprika for the awesome sig. ~

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

I have never had a dog, I have had next door neighbor dogs that spend their entires lives over the fence with me. But if you are looking for an outdoor dog I would recommend something a little bigger.

If you want a dog to exercise with, a tiny dog like that won't last the entire trip, unless you are obese of course. We lived next to a very fit half cattle, half ridge back dog and it would always tire out before me, and that's a very outdoor dog. Of course being a personal trainer I am fitter than your average Joe, but you get the point.
    ████████████

ಠ_ಠ  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe!'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2008 02:35 PM
    Threads

I don't have a dog, so I don't have any tips for you. Sorry! It's so nice that you're getting one, though! Papillions look so cute!

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

I agree with the advice to look for a reputable breeder. Many pure dog breeds have genetic problems that pop up much more often than they do among crossbreeds, and a backyard breeder is much less likely to test their dogs and avoid breeding those that carry it. Good breeders also often sign contracts with the new owner stating the conditions the dog will be kept in, and agreeing to take it back or refund if the dog has any hereditary conditions. So although it may cost more at first, it can save you vet bills in the long run, and it will also avoid supporting people who breed inbred dogs, often in poor conditions.

Looking around a dog shelter is also a very good idea. A slightly older dog will be easier to look after than a puppy, and you'll already have a good idea of what sort of temperament, etc, they have. You might be able to find the breed you want, or another dog that has the same qualities.

Good luck, though I'm sure you won't need it if you're already researching things now

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thnnx for all of the info! i'm sure my parents will be very thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous Feind View Post
    I have never had a dog, I have had next door neighbor dogs that spend their entires lives over the fence with me. But if you are looking for an outdoor dog I would recommend something a little bigger.

If you want a dog to exercise with, a tiny dog like that won't last the entire trip, unless you are obese of course. We lived next to a very fit half cattle, half ridge back dog and it would always tire out before me, and that's a very outdoor dog. Of course being a personal trainer I am fitter than your average Joe, but you get the point.

I'm very fit 2. i take karate (i'm soooooo close 2 black belt. only 1 belt away if i past the next testing) so i'm very quick, light on my feet, and stronger then most girls my age out there. i can run faster than a bike going full speed (true story) so a quick dog is perfect for me. i WISH i could get a bigger dog but i live in an apartment house w/ huge yard space but not huge room space. i dog to keep me company and one that can keep up w/ me would be perfect. that's why we choose a Papillon. unless you know any other small energetic dogs that don't mind playing around outside, please tell me!

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Feel free to send me a PM if your parents have any direct questions. My mother is a breeder (Gordon Setters), so I've grown up in the field of puppy selling, handling, etc. I could forward any questions your parents might have to her, and I'm sure she'd be glad to answer them before they start looking for breeders.
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

My family are animal freaks. If I knew any better I would have thought that they WERE animals.....oh..

Anyway, I have two lovely German Shepherds. Both have been raised by us from their puppy-hood and are now very loyal and elegant dogs. One is still 9 months old though.

Anyway, all I can say is that you should teach it things such as good manners and what not at an early age, that way it will grow up knowing right from wrong and stick to it. Don't spoil it otherwise it will think that it owns you and not the other way around and will not listen to you and treat you like crap. Maybe even bite you if you try and get it to do something that it does not want to do. Also, don't feed it too much and take it for regular walks. That is really good for them, once a day should be fine. Don't let it pull you though, you have to show it who's boss. You are walking it, it is not walking you.
    That which is; is the truth.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thnx. hey, i have a question. what about music? should i play it only on my iPod or still play it on my iPod but play it on my speakers sometimes but at a good, not loud volume? this question has been haunting me for a while so if anyone can answer it, i'll be very thnkful.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That belongs in a new thread as this one is about puppy suggestions.
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire14 View Post
    Thnx. hey, i have a question. what about music? should i play it only on my iPod or still play it on my iPod but play it on my speakers sometimes but at a good, not loud volume? this question has been haunting me for a while so if anyone can answer it, i'll be very thnkful.
    Music? Music does not matter at all. Unless ofcourse you wish to teach your dog the dance to "Hare Hare Yukai", in which case I would recommend a stereo. Other than that, noises from television sets or other such things do not matter.
    That which is; is the truth.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thnx. my parents and i will DIE if we weren't able to play our music on the stereo when we are able to.

What about "going" times? how many hours apart should they be and what time should they start and stop? i'm looking for suggestions.

P.S. my parents said that Wednesday we would look and possibly buy. i'm so excited. i'm at the point of making the days go by faster. i go to bed earier and i sleep in until 11 or 12, sometimes 1 or 2. i also make myself take naps. i really think my house will be more lively and i wouldn't feel as lonely with a dog. 2 more days!

Tis not male! drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2009 01:26 PM
    I live happily in a house with my family. (6 animals)
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Papillons are very active dogs, despite their small size. They do not mind having some play time in the yard and will jump at the chance to do so. They need a nice long walk. They should also have plenty of toys to play with. If you find a toy that you can hide treats in, that would be good, as Papillons are quite intelligent and like to figure things out. Because of this, they are very easy to train.

Small breeds like Papillons may get Luxating Patella ("trick knee") and inspiratory paroxysmal respiration (commonly known as "reverse sneezing").
    With LP, the condition usually appears within a few months of a dogs life. Depending on the severity, the dog will either be fine or require surgery in the knee. Reverse sneezing is not uncommon but the cause is unknown. The dog will make rapid inhalations through their nose, causing a harsh snorting and gargling sound. Its an alarming sound (my dog sometimes does it and I always jump when he does) but its not harmful for the dog, although if it happens too much, it could be a sign of a problem.
    Papillons are wonderful!!! We have one (http://photos.aim.com/photos/47accc9...a4d7a/16593837) And she's really funny and she's happy all the time.
    They're very hyper and smart. I'd say if your getting one be ready for alot of play time!
    Only fools accept the obvious and go no farther.
    Common sense isn't so common anymore.
    "I'll follow you everywhere you go in my oh-so-inconspicuous bright red car and convince myself you don't notice."
    4// Itchy. Tasty.

Member eskubus is a glorious beacon of light eskubus is a glorious beacon of light eskubus is a glorious beacon of light eskubus is a glorious beacon of light eskubus is a glorious beacon of light eskubus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2008 12:44 PM
    Threads

I'm sure you'll make a great owner Make sure you take him out at least twice or three times a day!!

Check out my dog: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=658785456

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Default Possible names

Thnx for telling me that. i don't want my dog to pee on the floor. i'll be the one to get in trouble. my parents own a multitude of dogs (especially my dad) when they were younger but they always paper trained them. they said that they'll never do that again (cuz the dog that died when i was 3 always used to pee on the carpet)

Earier today i was looking up names in Japanese (i was bored. when i get bored, i sometimes look up stuff.) and i narrowed it down to 7 Japanese and 1 Latin (i figured "what the heck.") here are the Japanese ones (remember, this is for a Papillon):

Chouchou - butterfly, clashing of swords*
    Chou - butterfly,sign, omen, frivolity(it's "silly" in fancy)*
    Hae - fly, glory
    Uwabe - outside
    Bakushin - dash, rush*
    Tosshin - rush, charge

this is the Latin 1:
    Volito - to rush back and forth, flutter

the ones with a * are the ones i'm leaning towards. i might come up with more later. tell me what you think of these
    Last edited by Sapphire14; 08-04-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I do in all goodness recommend the rescue dogs.Why get a little spiled shihuahua when a poor labrador is there waiting for you.Only you can make a diffrence.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

My parents and i were looking in www.petfinder.com but we didn't get any entries. hopefully there will be a Papillon or some other small dog in my local humane society. i'm also all for rescuing pets. when i grow up, i'm gonna have cans of pet food and water in my car and probably sign up to be a foster. i'm also gonna volunteer at my humane society for high school and just for fun and helping out.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alright, i have another question. what is the best way to house-break it? we're gonna train to go outside. my friend said that every dog has a "spot" in the yard. once they find that "spot" they will mostly "go" there. is that right cuz that's how my friends dogs are?

Closed Thread

Thread Information