AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Day of Silence: Right or wrong?

BANKAI! ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 09:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    frickin tokyo japan and 5 years in germany
    Threads

Default Day of Silence: Right or wrong?

This year i participated in the Day of Silence, which is that the whole day until 12am you are silent, i lasted all day at school, but if you are asked a question at school by a teacher, you can answer such as if they ask you why you are being silent you can tell them.

the reason for this is because LGBT people (lesbian, gay, bi, transgender) people are being brutually made fun of, killed, or beat up just because they are being who they are. it's not normal yes, but then again what is normal? and the silence is for all of those who feel that this needs to stopped, there was a rally too.

but some people frown upon this national day...they say it shouldn't be done. what do you think personally?
    Noel Fieldling+Julian Barrat= Mighty Boosh Love
    "I"M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!"
    -Chowder

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

How does staying quiet prevent a biker from beating up people at a gay bar.It's like the fast to keep gangs away from my community.

If you want to help gays,you can start by getting dressed by one and paying them so that they can adopt and have a happier life that might shrink up that hole of abuse.

My school is almost all Mexican.You can be assured no ones gonna do anything.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 09-10-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I heard about this day before. I don't think we have it here.

But we do have a one minute silence for the people that lost their lives in WWII. It really, REALLY ticks me off when people abuse that one, JUST ONE, minute of silence for the people that died for our country just to be stupid and idiotic!! Then they start laughing and thinking their tough because they don't participate! Seriously that is one of the things in this world that well and truely puts a stick up my backside!
    That which is; is the truth.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

I personally think it's stupid. At least where I live because it seems to be a grab for attention at the individual level. Especially the kids that put duct tape over their mouths, but lucky that wasn't as big of a trend this year. Plus, this form of protest is much too weak for my tastes. I want to see fires, riots, people screaming. Remember the monks that burnt themselves to death to protest the South Vietnamese's government harsh treatment of Buddhism? That's a frickin' protest.

As for the raising awareness part of this National Day of Silence, people are already generally aware of the treatment of homosexuals in today's society unless they are truly ignorant. And since the Day of Silence started, I haven't seen much progress in the fair treatment for the LGBT community due to kids shutting up for a day. It is, in my opinion, a waste.

Thank God that I'm done with high school. I no longer have to deal with these attention mongers.
    Last edited by Faceless111; 07-31-2008 at 03:45 PM.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2012 03:45 AM
    Threads

that day seems a dead end to me..being silent won't do anything unless the whole school went silent and refused to talk, as too go far and get in major trouble, write a letter, and as faceless said start a fire or something...

you sound liberal meka-chan...so not resorting to violence to settle out things?
    yes i know the meaning of liberal

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

I participated in it this year, but I have to admit it doesnt do much good. Especially considering that all the teachers just said "Oh. Its Gay Pride day" and brushed it off.

@Meka-chan: We got these cards that you print off the site for it that explained the event to people who wanted to know so you didnt have to talk. Again, people read it and didnt even get the meaning so it didnt do any good. Silence isnt that useful of a weapon, I've found. >.>
    Last edited by -Kitsune-; 07-31-2008 at 03:51 PM.
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

Senior Member DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2009 09:15 PM
    Threads

Despite what people say about silence not raising awareness, I think the Day of Silence is a good thing. All those people not talking will make people ask questions, and hopefully make them think about how hard it is for LGBT people to have to stay silent about who they are.

I agree that it isn't the most effective way to protest, but its much, much better than nothing.
    エレクトロ・ワールド

The ground shook and cracked, the sun in the sky descended into my hand

Member Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige has a reputation beyond repute Exige's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2008 04:03 PM
    Threads

I heard about it, we don't have it here, but... I support them, but honestly I don't see a point. If it's a sign or support, then fine, but it really can't do much for their protection or whatever =/

Awesome sig by MaruDashi ^^ Thank you!
    Sun reclines
    tease my mind
    reminds me what to leave behind
    light eats night
    and all I never said
    reminds me what to do before I'm... dead.
    ~poison.ivy is my blood sucking sister~
    ~together we shall rule~
    *evil grin*

Gah. Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2009 03:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Great Teacher Kurosaki View Post
    How does staying quiet prevent a biker from beating up people at a gay bar.It's like the fast to keep gangs away from my community.

If you want to help gays,you can start by getting dressed by one and paying them so that they can adopt and have a happier life that might shrink up that hole of abuse.

My school is almost all Mexican.You can be assured no ones gonna do anything.Yes,I just did a racist remark toward my own people.
    You're suppose to go: "I was silent on national silent day. You can't beat me up."
    And you're right, it doesn't help. It makes you look like a freak not talking.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I'm the silent type anyway. A man of few words (unless in writing). Therefore I should really take this to my advantage and do it once for all those gays out there as I will most likely be quiet through the day anyway. I doubt I ever will, but atleast I thought about it.
    That which is; is the truth.

Daeva's black rose poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2008 01:33 PM
    Threads

Heard about it, but never done it. It'd be cool to try tho. I guess that can help in some way... well, I hope it will anyway.

Hot gift from Midnight Rider Teh Great! Thank you :3

Thank you for the awesome sig, Serated!
    -art thread-[VF]-myspace-

BANKAI! ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

didn't get anything done? mighty funny over 2,000 non-LBGT people attended the rally in Houston. and that's only in texas..who knows how many attended other rallies in other states?

well its a non-violent way to get your point across.
    setting things on fire and stuff would only get innocent people hurt
    which is not the intended in the process.
    -Chowder

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ View Post
    didn't get anything done? mighty funny over 2,000 non-LBGT people attended the rally in Houston. and that's only in texas..who knows how many attended other rallies in other states?

well its a non-violent way to get your point across.
    setting things on fire and stuff would only get innocent people hurt
    which is not the intended in the process.
    Good for you. You got a bunch of people together to have donuts. Did the beatings and persecution of LBGT people stop? Can gays get married or adopt kids? Is the "don't ask, don't tell" policy obliterated from the military?

Firstly, violence is an excellent way to get your point across. People listen more closely to those with guns. Secondly, there is no such thing as an innocent person.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

heh those people in iraq aren't innocent?
    don't get me started seriously......................

people like you piss me off
    "no one is innocent" HA!

fine keep saying that and see what happens.
    -Chowder

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

heh those people in iraq aren't innocent?
    don't get me started seriously......................

people like you piss me off
    "no one is innocent" HA!

fine keep saying that and see what happens.
    No on is innocent. Hmmm. Nothing happened. Lightening didn't strike me, I didn't have a heart attack, and I'm perfectly fine.

Those people in Iraq aren't innocent, little girlie. Sure, they may be the victims of atrocities and what is happening to them is unfair, but they are not without guilt. No one leads a perfect life in which they can honestly claim that they are not guilty of anything bad. Everyone has done something bad.

Why do I piss you off? Because I'm so right? Because I'm not naive?

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    Threads

I believe you have to be silent because it represents how GLBT people are scared to let anyone know, and having to stay silent out of fear isn't right.

I think it's fine as long as it's voluntary, but at the schools where you're forced to participate, it's wrong.

I thought I heard something on the news a few years ago about a Christian girl who wore a shirt that said "straight and proud" on the National Day Silence was arrested. Just goes to show the double standard, you can be gay and proud but not straight and proud? Messed up.

Senior Member 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meka..i know you mean well...but yelling at Faceless is only egging him on more. I say this: Shut up and dont argue. Actions are louder than words. and IF you could do something "violent" to get your point across you would be proving exactly what he said.

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Luna Vader
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2017 03:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i honestly dont understand how a day of silence is going to help anything ... or if its trying to prove anything, but whatever GOODJOB!! ;D

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Faceless ofcourse nothing will happen to you in an instant...that's just silly...but over time...

SO? they didn't attack the U.S those other people did...STILL NO reason to die. No you piss me off because you assume everyone that has done something bad derserves to die and just because what they did before we waged war on iraq has nothing to do with the fact that our bombs, our bullets, their blood and you piss me off because your ignoring that fact...im not naive and if i appear to be then your reading me the wrong way...

just to put this out there...lets put you out there in the battlefeild, no gun, no armor, nothing but the skin on your back. you wouldn't be saying what you are saying to me right now in the comfort of your home behind the screen

whereas Neko, i will not shut up because im NOT going to let Faceless talk to me like that. and as of being "violent" towards Faceless, ohh i wish i could...but im not.
    -Chowder

ಠ_ಠ  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe! has a reputation beyond repute  Happi Giraffe!'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2008 02:35 PM
    Threads

I think it's ok to do something like this in respect.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

alright Meka...no need in telling you otherwise.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Faceless ofcourse nothing will happen to you in an instant...that's just silly...but over time...
    Nothing will happen to me over time.

SO? they didn't attack the U.S those other people did...STILL NO reason to die. No you piss me off because you assume everyone that has done something bad derserves to die and just because what they did before we waged war on iraq has nothing to do with the fact that our bombs, our bullets, their blood and you piss me off because your ignoring that fact...im not naive and if i appear to be then your reading me the wrong way...
    I didn't say they deserved to die. I even said that what was happening to them was unfair. I was just pointing out that they are not perfect people.

just to put this out there...lets put you out there in the battlefeild, no gun, no armor, nothing but the skin on your back. you wouldn't be saying what you are saying to me right now in the comfort of your home behind the screen
    Aren't we all, here on AF, vicarious? Don't we all say things we wouldn't say in certain situations. And if I was indeed running around naked on a battlefield, I wouldn't be saying any of this. I wouldn't dare to talk philosophy when bullets are flying at me. I would be taking action, trying to survive. But my opinion on this is firm. I would still believe that no one is perfect, therefore no one is innocent.

whereas Neko, i will not shut up because im NOT going to let Faceless talk to me like that. and as of being "violent" towards Faceless, ohh i wish i could...but im not.
    Talk to you like what? It clear that you are being overly emotional about this. You let your emotions wash away your rationality. I, at first, thought that you were a non-violent person. You certainly came off that way. Now I'm thinking that your stance on non-violence is just fickle.

If we were face-to-face, would you take the opportunity to slap me? To fight me? I wouldn't fight back, I'd be rather busy basking in my victory.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

o___O you thought i was non-violent?
    -__- in that case...........i have one thing to say

victory of what? being a smarty pants?
    you might as well kick rocks with that
    and two
    sumimasen(i think that's how you spell it)
    excuse me in japanese or otherwise sorry

im off to jump on soap bubbles and buy a rubber ducky that
    has devil horns.
    -Chowder

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

@Meka- This is a thread, so therefore people are allowed to post their opinions. That's the responsibility of starting a thread. If someone has a differing opinion, please try not to argue too much or else this thread will be closed. ^^;

Personally, I believe that this day will not get us anywhere in the current state, since everyone is already aware, or should I say BOMBARDED, with homosexuality issues. I don't see how being silent for a day will do anything different.

There's a Facebook group that I joined that goes along the lines of being proud of being heterosexual. There's groups for being proud and homosexual, but what about the groups for being proud and heterosexual, as Numbers said?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Their hearts are in the right place, but the plan isn't that well thought out. If you want to make people aware of a message, there are much, much more efficient ways of going about it.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Closed Thread

Thread Information