AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A close encounter with animals.

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default A close encounter with animals.

I went to the zoo today and one of the animals I saw was a Tiger. It was in it's indoor enclosure, so I was looking at it through a window. When it eventually woke up it came right up close to the wall. All that was separating us was the pane of glass and a mesh guard. When it looked at me I realised what an amazing animal it was. I mean, if it weren't for the glass and guard- it could have easily pwned me.

So my question for everyone is: what is the closest you have been to a wild animal? And by wild I mean something that you don't see everyday... so not a wild rabbit >< Also, how did it makes you feel? Personally I get scared, even that tiger gave me the heebie-jeebies.

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

quite a while ago, i was at a zoo, dont remember which one, but we were in the lemur enclosure and one of the lemurs decided it would be fun to sit on me
    lemurs are surprisingly friendly for wild animals

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wild?
    HMMM.....
    A mountain lion.It didn;t do anything because I don't like to lick their mouths or tickle their fannies.*Steve Irwin*I just walked up to it and walked away.

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

When I lived up north, we had a little house that was kinda... in the middle of a forest. The whole town was built around the lake and it was mostly water and trees. Since we lived in/near the forest we obviously had a lot of animals around, including two bears x.x; One night (At like midnight) when I was taking out the trash I glanced up and saw one of them across the road in the woods... Scared the crap outta me, then it took off into the woods.
    Last edited by -Kitsune-; 07-28-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune~girl View Post
    When I lived up north, we had a little house that was kinda... in the middle of a forest. The whole town was built around the lake and it was mostly water and trees. Since we lived in/near the forest we obviously had a lot of animals around, including two bears x.x; One day when I was taking out the trash I glanced up and saw one of them across the road in the woods... Scared the crap outta me, then it took off into the woods.
    Ahhh >.< Bears scare me so much! Along with sharks and dinosaurs they're the scariest animals. Luckily I've never seen a Grizzly/Brown bear in real life.

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2022 03:03 AM
    Threads

Lemurs and spider monkeys at the zoo, they're small enough to get out of their cage and run loose. They like to jump on your head, mess up your hair and run away xD It's cute. When I was WAY younger I got to hold a gorillas hand through her cage. It so happened me and my mom walked over to the cage and the gorilla and her little one walked up to us on the other side of the caging. It was an epic few moments.
    Last edited by Beast; 07-28-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I went to a Japanese Koi company once and out in the front they had a really big and deep pond filled with absolutely gigantic fish! Unreal! All these small children around me were putting their whole hands into the pond and these fish could easily have swallowed their whole fists, but they did so anyway and were letting the fish suck their hands. So I thought that I would join in as all these young children were brave enough. A lot of the huge fish started to gather then one started sucking my hand, it tickled and it was so awesome. This fish was titanic! I kept thinking that it was going to eat my arm or something, but no. It just started chomping at our hands with their teethless gums. It was an experience.
    Last edited by Amray The II; 07-28-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    That which is; is the truth.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

A deer kicked me once...Ahh, good thing I ran away before it could do other things.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

Haha, ever day.

For those who don't know, I work at a zoo. Just recently I got to go into the lions' and tigers' indoor, night house. First of all, they don't smell too nice. In fact, they smell like wet dog. I'm an animal enthusiast, and my heart was still pounding. Of course they were in their separate cages, so I wasn't WITH them, just very close. The only thing separating me was a thin chain link fence. One of the old females was awfully curious because of me. I don't blame her, considering I was carrying a bucket of meat. The zoo keeper took it from and just smiled evilly. The old female started rubbing up against the fence (like a cat), and the keeper told to touch her. I immediately looked at her with a pale face and said "are you kidding?!", she just laughed and took my hand gently. I freakin' stroked a lion. The tigers were certainly not that friendly, and stayed in the farthest corner away from us. But that's okay, because I was already shaken up by the lions XDD!

That doesn't happen every day, even for me. But I am with the goats (who are my babies) almost every time I work there. Sometimes I'll get to help out in the lemurs too, and Drifter is right, they're quite friendly. I also get to handle snakes, millipedes, hedgehogs, chinchillas (NOT FRIENDLY), a parrot named Jenny (freakin' loud little...), and turtles. I love my job, and I don't think I have any plans on changing it.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Comfortably numb. Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan has a reputation beyond repute Krista Logan's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2011 03:22 PM
    Threads

I went to a petting zoo with llamas and sheep when I was little. Apparently, the llama started to chase me because the kid next to me did something the animal didn't like, but he got out of the way before I did. Oh, I was pretty scared too. =/
    Lard!
    Het is heerlijk vet! Je most het eten!

Senior Member Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2009 11:04 PM
    Threads

Can't recall any close encounters, but this little boy once stared at me...
    Oh wait, i do remember, these random birds flew by me, and yah, i was like wth, what was that... lawl

Bread's Best Friend Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2010 02:12 PM
    Threads

I remember a few years back, I went on my little brother's field trip to one of the zoos. There was these deer like animals (I'm not sure but I think they were Gazelles >.<) and we could feed them. I got a couple of the food we got to feed them in my hand and let one of them lick my hand clean. It tickled, too. My hand was all slobbery. It was a great experience.

At the Philedelphia Zoo, they let the Peacocks roam free. They usually get scared and run away from people but it's pretty putting their beautiful feathers up. ^^

I also remember going to the Brandywine Zoo for a camp field trip. They let you pet the goats. They were so kawaii!!!! ^^ especially the baby goat! They didn't even do anything when we pet them. I was shocked.
    Last edited by Mayonnaise-Senpai; 07-28-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    "Up is Down"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SanzoGojyo4eva<3 View Post
    At the Philedelphia Zoo, they let the Peacocks roam free. They usually get scared and run away from people but it's pretty putting their beautiful feathers up. ^^
    I hate peacocks! When I was little I had a habit of chasing pigeons in the town centre. So when I went to mini zoo at a park with my family I saw a peacock and just thought it's like a big pigeon... it chased me back >< It put up its tail and chased me back to my mum. It was terrifying!

Senior Member 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2012 03:45 AM
    Threads

a man had this random Llama in the street and asked me if i wanted it..i petted the Llama, said no and left.

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

A tiger in a zoo isn't exactly wild. They are about as domesticated as can be, except the show tigers.

Swooping birds are about the most dangerous animals I have experienced.
    ████████████

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Monkeys I've been up and personal with.

A cave full of bats.

And probably some other animals I'm forgetting.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 07:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've had a python crawling up on me all over my body...at the local snake shrine here...I froze for mom to take my picture then when they took away the python my legs turned to jelly. Man, how heavy can a python be? O_O

@Haoie: lol I've been to caves too >_<" Usually the tour guide would tell us to take our umbrellas into the caves...If not the bats would probably fertilize our heads XD

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

Closed Thread

Thread Information