AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Turn A Gundam

Junior Member LoranCehack is on a distinguished road LoranCehack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2008 03:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Turn A Gundam

I just finished watching Turn A Gundam, and I have to say it's one of favorite anime series'. It originally aired in Japan around 1999, and it looks like it may never get a North American Release which is a shame. It was directed by series creator, Yoshiyuki Tomino, and is his last work with the Gundam franchise to date.
    This series has mixed reviews, which are likely due in part to the fact that it is such a radical departure from the standard Gundam formula. It takes place centuries after a cataclysmic event that has forced the people of Earth to revert to a 1930's style technology. Earthlings are slowly recovering and advancing from the long forgotten "dark history" when they receive a message from the moon. Apparently there are humans from before the cataclysm who still live on the moon, and they're coming home. All of this sparks conflict, which eventually leads to a war between the Earth and Moon races, and leaves Loran Cehack (a moon race member, who has fallen in love with the Earth) somewhere in between.
    While the plot itself is interesting, (and allows for mobile suits from multiple Gundam series' to make an appearance) the real heart of the story is the characters. By the end of this show, I was so caught up in the character's that I didn't want it to end. I have to suggest this show to anyone with an open mind, who wants a slight change from a standard Gundam series. Sure the suits are different looking, and the tone seems light at first but give Turn A Gundam a chance and it could become one of your favorite shows!

One thing that may prevent people from watching this show is that a lot of subbed versions are nearly incoherent. However, I've found a decent fan sub that makes total sense, and only had me lost on some very subtle things that made sense when I looked back. Anyways, here it is: http://animenuke.com/cms/dn-fl?cmd=scatb&c=free_tag

Give the show a chance, and tell me what you think!

Also, if anyone is a fan and knows where I can get a subbed version of the movies or manga please tell me!

I Slept with your Mother Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2010 07:25 PM
    Threads

I think it is kinda stupid that they don't dub it, after all Loran and Horrace appear in Dynasty Warriors Gundam, same can said about ZZ, in the PS2 game Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam they had english voice actors for Judah, Puru and Puru 2 and in Dynasty Judah, Puru, puru 2, Beecha, Elle, Roux, and Glemy

but it would be nice to see the ones that haven't been released in the US get Dubbed
    ZZ Gundam
    V Gundam
    Gundam X
    Turn A

Junior Member LoranCehack is on a distinguished road LoranCehack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2008 03:45 PM
    Threads

Yeah, that's true. Although I thought Loran's voice was a little annoying in DW: Gundam. It definitely deserves a dub or even just a really good sub job anyways.

Anyone else seen this show? Dig it? Hate it? Post your thoughts.

I Slept with your Mother Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2010 07:25 PM
    Threads

I have only seen bit's and pieces of the series, someone on myspace has the firs 6 episodes with subs uploaded

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2014 01:13 PM
    Threads

wait Turn A gundam is not dubbed? crap. One thing i hate about anime if non dubbed. I just hate the voices. It irritates me and i don't like reading. It takes away the action.

I have wanted to see Turn A gundam but i just havn't gotten around to buying it off ebay.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2014 10:38 PM
    Threads

I loved Turn A Gundam, and I think it is Tomino's best work since Zeta Gundam, that is concerning the Gundam series and not his other works.

Junior Member wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou is a splendid one to behold wingedkuribou's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2008 03:33 AM
    Threads

dun worry turn A is one of my faved gundam series..eventhough at first im a bit awkward to watch it because the mobile suit doesnt like a gundam..more like a villain with cheesy mustache ...but when i gave it a chance...the storyline is pretty good and make it one of my faved watch list

Member thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint has much to be proud of thesaint's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2013 06:00 PM
    Threads

This is getting me thinking. I don't think I have ever seen Turn-A.....which is sad because I know I have the DVDs around here somewhere O_O I need to get watchin!

Animevortex | IAWMD Gold Member | Web Designer

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

Fantastic series. Another argument for it being brought here, it is the only Gundam with an American designing the robot! Syd Mead (of Blade Runner fame) Anyhow just school for thought.

It definitely is on the top of the list of my favorite Gundams, and in all actuality just at the top of the list of anime series in general for me personally.
    Last edited by Funkgun; 12-01-2008 at 03:13 AM.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Closed Thread

Thread Information