AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: OWA's Sigs. Enjoy!

Junior Member OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2008 02:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default OWA's Sigs. Enjoy!

So yeah, those are some of my works. I've only been PSing for about 3 weeks so all my sigs are relatively simple but hopefully I can kick it up a couple of notches with your guys' help. Enjoy.

Oh btw, dont mind if it says "Paradox" on some of them, I use Paradox as a username on a different forum thats why. And please, criticism is more than welcome, I'm sure there's room to improve.
    Last edited by OWAngel; 07-20-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Get off mah lawn! Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2014 07:39 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BettyRuthless

Well your doing good for a beginner. :3 Just remember that you always want to have your character to be in the middle of the signature - people look at it more then. Your backgrounds are good but you need to learn to blend your characters into the sig. Try googling for some tutorials on sig making. You can find some good ones of deviantart. I love the last signature. Nice effects there :] - its also good to see you have borders. lol xD hope I helped.

Junior Member OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel has a reputation beyond repute OWAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, Im really bad at making the characters blend in with the background. I just really have no idea how to do it. A couple of tips wouldnt be bad :P

Senior Member Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2008 10:25 PM
    Threads

First thing to blending, get the extract and the background to be as close to the same colors as possible (using the same colors is even better). The smudge tool is a common way of blending, just make sure that the sig doesn't get too messy. You can also download brushes from sites such as Deviantart and use them at the edge of the extract.

You have great potential, IMO. This site has plenty of tutorials that you can use to improve your signature making.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's my first attempt with adjustment layers. I think I did a decent job in blending this time around. Smudge tool....how exactly can I use the smudge tool to blend the extract with the background? In any case, I'll play around with it and see how I can use it.

Senior Member Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2008 10:25 PM
    Threads

Major improvement. It blends nicely.

I use a chalk brush (should come with Photoshop) and mess with the brush settings a bit (in the upper-right hand corner) to change the scatter and other things. Then I smudge the background and the edges of the extract to create a smoky effect. Like I said, tutorials will explain a lot. Read through as many as you can and follow the steps. Then you can incorporate the various techniques along with your own to create an excellent signature.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Update. Here's 2 more, Im trying to practice blending extracts with backgrounds. CnC pls. Enjoy. The Lithyia sig I made for a friend.

Aces High Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2009 02:46 PM
    Threads

Again, you are improving

For the Naruto sig, try to watch out for scattered text. It normally distracts the viewers eyes from the focal point, which in your case happens to be Naruto. Try to change up the sizes of the text and use simple fonts, like sans serif and what not. Keep the text close and not too long, it helps.

For the second sig, be careful when you use blending modes such as Overlay. A lot of the times light colored images get a bit pixely and cuts down the quality of the image if you use them and not lower the opacity or erase. Just keep this in mind when using things like Linear Dodge, Color Dodge, etc.

Closed Thread

Thread Information