AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 知ったこっちゃねぇんだよ!

Hybrid View

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Crimson Firefly is on a distinguished road Crimson Firefly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2010 12:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default 知ったこっちゃねぇんだよ!

I've been reading a lot of shounen manga recently and I keep seeing "知ったこっちゃねぇんだよ!" (shitta koccha nee n da yo" and I'm not all to sure what it means. I tried to convert it to non-slang Japanese to try to understand it better and got: 知ったのはこっちじゃないのよ (shitta no ha kocchi ja nai no yo), but I'm not sure if this is right, because from the context I keep seeing it in it seems to mean something along the lines of "why should I care?".

Anyone care to shed some light on it?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2008 10:31 PM
    somewhere near the happiest place on earth
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm not 100% confident in this, but I'm pretty sure (about 95%). basically it's a slur from the original sentence.

知ったこっちゃねぇ -> 知ったこっちゃない -> 知ったことじゃない

if it is used in a sentence like 「俺の知ったこっちゃねぇんだよ!」, basically means "it's none of my concern" while literally meaning "I don't know anything about it/regarding the matter"

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) will be made into anime for the fall 2008 season!
    aka the series that my avatar is from that no one seems to know about...

Junior Member Cloudyboi is a splendid one to behold Cloudyboi is a splendid one to behold Cloudyboi is a splendid one to behold Cloudyboi is a splendid one to behold Cloudyboi is a splendid one to behold Cloudyboi is a splendid one to behold Cloudyboi is a splendid one to behold Cloudyboi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2008 07:32 PM
    Threads

its basically saying "i didnt know" in a very informal way.

the 'koccha' is actually an accent slur of koto+wa. its a way we add emphasis.

another variation of that slur is 'kotaa' (less often used)

but even without the 'wa' and it just being 'koto' it would mean the exact same thing.. only the emphasis rises when using 'koccha'.

hence, giving a fairly off-track translation such as "why should i care"
    where as none* of those words even appear in the original sentence.

as for exact context, much like most of Japanese translated into English.. the equivalents* are many and they vary quite often.

名前:クラウド 出身:横浜 
      所属:天龍一族「T.L.B」
    ” 傷あと無しじゃ死んだらつまんねーな!...”

Closed Thread

Thread Information