AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unplug yourself

Senior Member Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2008 02:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Unplug yourself

I used to think that I was schizophrenic, thinking the government was trying to monitor everyone, and that society was controlled by Corporations. Was big brother watching? Was corporate advertising brainwashing everyone? Was I just a schizo? Undoubtedly, the answer to every question is: yes.

The government today consists of a Federal reserve controlled by private banks, Congressmen controlled by lobbyists, and an executive branch with an agenda of complete dictatorship. What stimulates the economy? Natural disasters, oil spills, and war. How do you make people patriotic? Fear. how do you control people? By the art of inconvenience The DPS can't get you a driver's license in an orderly fashion. You get taxed for a federal income that shouldn't exist. You lose your amendment rights, almost voluntarily and unknowingly. You put up with the minor inconveniences, and they in turn lead to major ones.
    But that's not the worst of it.

In today's world, Corporations have all the rights of people But they have more money, connections, and in a sense more power than an average person. They use the media like a toy, and have changed what the word "culture" means. It used to define what made a particular group or society different. Now, it means whatever the Corporations want it to. They decide what clothes are cool. They decide what food to eat. And they decide the price They rape the Earth for all its resources, and then try to make up for it by telling people that the company is "green".
    What is a Corporations message to people today? Conform. Assimilate Join the crowd. Become a Sheeple

What utter ****.

Some people argue "But Life is great! The death rate has dropped in the last 40 years dramatically! People are living much longer! Clean water is available to more people now than ever! We have more choice about what to consume then we ever did!"

Well guess what? That's quantity. People live to 70 or 80, but they don't stop working until 65. That's roughly 47 years of work for 15 years of getting by off of a social security that's dwindling fast. And what happens as you get older? That's right. You become ill from all of today's pollution and corruptness. Doctor's bills pile up for pills with side effects so you have to buy more pills to combat the side effects of the pills to combat the side effects of the pills you bought. And that lasts until you're so old your kids drop you into an assisted living center (doublespeak for "old folks home") and you die alone in your bed, covered in ****.

And do you want to know what makes that water so clean? Chlorine That's right, the element used in trench warfare in WW1 to kill soldiers has been put in everyone's drinking water to "Purify" it (it saves time and money). Oh but don't worry, they also put Flouride in there to to keep your teeth healthy. Flouride is another element that you are not supposed to ingest, on account of its brain-damaging properties.

Oh but the choices we have today- that freedom to choose what plane to fly in? That freedom to choose what car to buy? That freedom to eat Capitan Crunch or Fruity Pebbles? Bullshit. Companies are merging faster than ever. Ingredients are the same in most products. Corporations own multiple assets of the same "choice product" without your knowledge
    Yeah, life's great. If you enjoy being a zombie The people that have the ideas about how great life is, are plugged in. They aren't even aware of the prison that we are all in. A prison that cannot be seen in any tangible way. You have two choices in life today: you can either choose to conform to mainstream society, work in a job you don't want to pay of college loans and house payments for the rest of your life, with enough money left over to buy overpriced garbage, or the choice to starve to death. Freedom. Yeah right.

How can you combat this? In a world where the government keeps control of their people by fear, and companies decide what you want, how can you rise against? Simple Unplug yourself. What do I mean? I mean stop living what is now "The American dream".

Stop following society's rules. Turn the television off and quit caring about who wins American Idol. Stop caring about celebrities lifestyles, and for the love of Christ, stop staring at commercials like a robot.

Next time you see a poster advertising ANYTHING about consuming or paying money, or watching t.v., scribble something on it. Scribble something about killing television or rejecting society, or better yet, black out anyone's face on the poster. Give them a goatee

Say your thoughts out loud. Next time your in line anywhere, verbally ask why there isn't another teller available, why another checkout line hasn't opened, or why you have to be behind the yellow line

Stop giving a **** about what cool is. Stop buying name brand products. Stop buying clothes with the Company's logo plastered on the front. Your essentially paying the company money to advertise THEIR ****. Remember that it doesn't really matter if your hair isn't like that dumb ***** in the commercial.

STOP going to a ****ing gym to workout. STOP buying into all the weight loss fads. Yes, almost half of America is overweight and yes, we are the fattest country in the world right now, but, you can do your own push ups and sit ups in your own damn house
    You can run around the block for God's sake, so why pay a damn gym money?

Realize that although cannabis is illegal, alcohol is legal, and actually causes the date rape, car collisions, and overdoses that all the "above the influence" ads try to pin on marijuana. So don't buy into the commercial with a bunch of people partying and getting drunk. No, don't smoke if you don't think its right, but realize that you are being lied to.Don't listen to what some celebrity says. Just don't.

Pesticides are not a good thing. Malnourished chickens are not a good thing. Hormone injected force fed cows are NOT a good thing. Quit worrying about "evil" China and its lead content and start to realize that McDonalds and every other fast food joint has been poisoning you for years.

Don't trust CNN to deliver you real news. everything on CNN is fabricated or irrelevant. Look for tiny snippets of real news on the internet, newspapers, and 'zines.
    Last edited by Totsean; 07-12-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    "Truth, joy, and love. The three are interchangeable"

Senior Member Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2009 11:29 PM
    Threads

'The American Dream'....?

Most or some of us here arent from America........

I find this article (somewhat) worth thinking about.....

My thoughts: Do people really listen to Celebrities?(I must have probably missed 1000 Paris Hiltons by now then).
    It is true the government is all powerful, etc. Some people are already too tangled into this web to be unplugged. Starting a rebellion isnt really going to change much. It may make things worse. It is probably alot better to stay plugged hmm?....Think about it, the ideas are good but cannot be applied to a large number of people. No matter what we do, now, the government will already be there....

For example: I throw my cell phone away because it is connected to the government. So I decide to write letters to family members.....Who sends the mail? Also something connected to the government then.....So I must decide to walk? Leaving my car that requires petrol behind? Will most people be able to walk 100, 200, 300 miles?...

Some people can do that.....But as I have said before, some people are too ingrained into this web to be unplugged....Thus a majority of the population MUST stay plugged.....Whatever must be done, must be done on a widescale.......

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

WOHOO!Chips in my ear I want chips.I prefer zesty.In all honesty.They can chip us.I wouldn't mind.Your contollrd by what society tells you to do.You can't wear underwear on the outside because girls will look at you funny{Ladies we won't give you a bad look}.

Senior Member Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    'The American Dream'....?

Most or some of us here arent from America........

I find this article (somewhat) worth thinking about.....

My thoughts: Do people really listen to Celebrities?(I must have probably missed 1000 Paris Hiltons by now then).
    It is true the government is all powerful, etc. Some people are already too tangled into this web to be unplugged. Starting a rebellion isnt really going to change much. It may make things worse. It is probably alot better to stay plugged hmm?....Think about it, the ideas are good but cannot be applied to a large number of people. No matter what we do, now, the government will already be there....

For example: I throw my cell phone away because it is connected to the government. So I decide to write letters to family members.....Who sends the mail? Also something connected to the government then.....So I must decide to walk? Leaving my car that requires petrol behind? Will most people be able to walk 100, 200, 300 miles?...

Some people can do that.....But as I have said before, some people are too ingrained into this web to be unplugged....Thus a majority of the population MUST stay plugged.....Whatever must be done, must be done on a widescale.......
    The article isn't implying that everything connected to the government is detrimental. I still use technology like instant messengers, e-mail, and cell phones to communicate with some people, and honestly I think it's fairly useful. The article implies what you must do to to lead a more fulfilling life which is quite different from what the media says will lead to one which is material wealth and possession. They advertise all these things they claim to be so wonderful and will make you happy, but in reality they do quite the contrary. It doesn't take an idiot to realize that happiness is not proportional to accumulation of material things.

Their are more even more important implications, but i'll leave it at that for now.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I read 1984, Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451. After reading all three, I am convinced we are heading towards a mix of BNW and Fahrenheit 451.

And while inside, I completely agree with your sentiments, I also think there is nothing to do that can stop it. The world is full of idiots and they are leading it full steam ahead toward its own demise.

Either sit back and take pleasure in human misery, or do something radical to stop it .. good luck with the last one.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Just sit back and play the game. These are the cards that we have been dealt. If you just follow the governments lead then you cannot get in trouble.

If you people want freedom then why not go live with monkeys or go get raised by wolves in the jungle? You'll be free to do what you that way. You can go hunt for dinner whilst I'll just walk up to the closest chip shop and buy a meal from there. Other than that their is no freedom. I don't care if I am spyed on nor do I care what others think of me or my actions, I just live my life like everybody else and go with the flow. It makes life a lot easier.
    That which is; is the truth.

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Totsean View Post
    Some people argue "But Life is great! The death rate has dropped in the last 40 years dramatically! People are living much longer! Clean water is available to more people now than ever! We have more choice about what to consume then we ever did!"
    I don't weigh life's quality based on sovereignty, or society. Undoubtedly many people in 3rd world countries live horrible lives, and die horrible deaths. Some people in America are indeed ignorantly consumed by the media, spending more time watching television and surfing the net than spending time with their children, friends, or family.

However that does not give you the president to say we have to isolate ourselves to be free. Does my awareness of freedom somehow depend on what clothes I buy? If I buy shirt from American Eagle does that make me less free than if I sewed up one by myself? If so, your concept of freedom differs greatly from mine. While I cannot say you are wrong, because everyones concept of freedom is different, I can tell you this, that way of thinking is very narrow minded.

Our actions our limited by physical ability, and yes, even further limited by the restrictions of society. However, freedom, is thought. That is it's purest form. There is nothing unimaginable, in your mind you can create your own oasis, your own utopia, even if in physical form you cannot create it, it exists in your mind.

I say, it's impossible not to be free. Even if you choose not to be free, you're exercising your freedom in that choice.

Oh, and what I first said, about not weighing life on society, my life is alright, and I'm happy. Just because I buy the same cereal as thousands of other people, that does not mean I am a conformist. I think things through and determine the best solution, thats the best anybody can do. I buy filters for my water, and I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. I post on this forum because I like anime, not because some corporation influenced me.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Man, I am hoping for a Brave New World. I can objectively see why people call it a dystopia, but on the other hand, for the vast majority of mankind, it is exactly what they really want. I'd either end up running the place or banished to Cool People Island, but that's fine with me.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about the direction the world is currently going, because the power structure is rotted and Hydraulic Despotism is going to be the force that knocks it all down. After that, you'll be more worried about what you are going to eat then politics anyway.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    I don't weigh life's quality based on sovereignty, or society. Undoubtedly many people in 3rd world countries live horrible lives, and die horrible deaths. Some people in America are indeed ignorantly consumed by the media, spending more time watching television and surfing the net than spending time with their children, friends, or family.

However that does not give you the president to say we have to isolate ourselves to be free. Does my awareness of freedom somehow depend on what clothes I buy? If I buy shirt from American Eagle does that make me less free than if I sewed up one by myself? If so, your concept of freedom differs greatly from mine. While I cannot say you are wrong, because everyones concept of freedom is different, I can tell you this, that way of thinking is very narrow minded.

Our actions our limited by physical ability, and yes, even further limited by the restrictions of society. However, freedom, is thought. That is it's purest form. There is nothing unimaginable, in your mind you can create your own oasis, your own utopia, even if in physical form you cannot create it, it exists in your mind.

I say, it's impossible not to be free. Even if you choose not to be free, you're exercising your freedom in that choice.

Oh, and what I first said, about not weighing life on society, my life is alright, and I'm happy. Just because I buy the same cereal as thousands of other people, that does not mean I am a conformist. I think things through and determine the best solution, thats the best anybody can do. I buy filters for my water, and I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. I post on this forum because I like anime, not because some corporation influenced me.

My definition of freedom is quite literal. Are you free from any attachments? free from any illnesses or entropy? are you free from the laws of physics? are you free to do anything you please? Very few people can re-attain this level of freedom.

I guarantee you, the real gold in the world is not happiness, because that is something that can be taken away and replaced with misery; you can get fired from a good job and have to work a bad one. You can fall in love, and then break up. You can have a child, then your child may die a terrible deat.

I have chosen a very reclusive life. Even though I'm much more attractive than I used to be, I've lost interest in most women, and most ideals that this society upholds. I'm not interested in marriage. I plan on never reproducing another poor soul to suffer. My job to me is just my income, I find bliss in other things when I get home from work. It matters not what my job is, or how much money I make, as long as I pay the bills and save a little more for when I might be unemployed.

People have an addiction when they get a good job, they have so much money they just start mindlessly wasting it on absolutely stupid **** they do not need. This is something all of us do, and it NEVER brings real fulfillment or joy. There are some people in the world without ANYTHING who are happier than guys who "have it all". All the girls, all the drugs, all the booze. The state of mind I reached is something spiritual, amazing, perfect, beyond the mind and body and my problem is now I cannot convey it to anyone I know, so I just go on watching them being run by their own mind.

We are capable of far more than leading good jobs and meeting good partners and looking good. We are capable of feeling so good that even if death approached, it wouldnt matter. Shouldn't that really be our ultimate purpose in life? To be content based on nothing external at all? Isnt that real freedom?
    Last edited by Totsean; 07-11-2008 at 12:39 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2014 01:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't worry. It's all part of the natural cycle of an empire (the exact same thing happened to Rome). They start out as great new places, where freedom is ubiquitous, and then gradually freedom is exchanged for security, to the point where the empire basically crumbles under it's own weight. People get so convenient they basically don't bother maintaining it anymore.

But it's no worry, for a new and better one always takes it's place.

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 05:13 AM
    Threads

Yeah, I know. It sucks, and it's hard to avoid. I guess everything has it's end, and before ending it will slowly decay. But a person should not spend their life worrying about it. Instead, enjoy life and what ever is left of it.

Take it from a lyric of one of my favorite band's songs: "Accept all and wait for the end, laughing..." - envy
    SMILE!

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My definition of freedom is quite literal. Are you free from any attachments? free from any illnesses or entropy? are you free from the laws of physics? are you free to do anything you please? Very few people can re-attain this level of freedom.
    Free from attachments, quite frankly I would not want that. If I had nothing that is special too me, I'd feel empty.

Freedom from illnesses and entropy? Going against nature, and the natural laws of life, achieves what purpose? To answer your question, No I am not free from those things. However I don't think aiming to be supernatural in hopes of a higher freedom is wise. I'd rather like to think I am free to experience those things. Being a Taoist, I accept Yin and Yang, and I believe they are both essential to existing.

Freedom to do whatever I please. Yes. I see what you're getting at, even though I would be arrested, I could choose to murder another person. Again, even if it was okay, I would not murder anyone. The only way to be free of consequences would be to isolate yourself from the opinions of others. This is yet again narrow minded. If you listen to others, you can decide for yourself if that is right or wrong, if you shut your ears, you're not understanding how anyone else feels, and you become a prisoner to yourself.

I guarantee you, the real gold in the world is not happiness, because that is something that can be taken away and replaced with misery; you can get fired from a good job and have to work a bad one. You can fall in love, and then break up. You can have a child, then your child may die a terrible death.

All people have a sanctuary which must never be touched. Every person has a little corner of happiness, a little light of hope that will never fade. No matter how far away from that corner you are, you can still feel it, warmly inside your heart. People have done such... extreme things for their little corner of joy. What is more valuable than happiness totsean? I really would like to know the answer.

I have chosen a very reclusive life. Even though I'm much more attractive than I used to be, I've lost interest in most women, and most ideals that this society upholds. I'm not interested in marriage. I plan on never reproducing another poor soul to suffer. My job to me is just my income, I find bliss in other things when I get home from work. It matters not what my job is, or how much money I make, as long as I pay the bills and save a little more for when I might be unemployed.

There is nothing wrong with being reclusive.
    It's rather virtuous to devote yourself to something, firmly believing in your own ideals. Still that does not mean it's all right to belittle the ideals or feelings of others. If you lead such a focused life and you don't realize how others feel, it's only vanity. Is vain satisfaction freedom?

People have an addiction when they get a good job, they have so much money they just start mindlessly wasting it on absolutely stupid **** they do not need. This is something all of us do, and it NEVER brings real fulfillment or joy. There are some people in the world without ANYTHING who are happier than guys who "have it all". All the girls, all the drugs, all the booze.

Would we be better off spending money solely on what we need, rather than what we want? How much better would life be if we never bought any books, or never went on a vacation? The memories we create bring true fulfillment and joy. I feel joy whenever I see pictures of myself with my family at Disneyland, and Yellowstone. We did not need to travel there, but to this day I am glad we did. I did not need to buy all the manga that I have, but I will never forget those stories, I still smile every time I walk by my little collection.

The state of mind I reached is something spiritual, amazing, perfect, beyond the mind and body and my problem is now I cannot convey it to anyone I know, so I just go on watching them being run by their own mind.

I've never heard such a contradictory goal in my life. What you're saying is so selfish. This whole time you have been trying to convey your point of view that "we are not free". But here, you are basically saying that listening to our own minds isn't freedom, and listening to yours is. What ideals are you comparing yours too? If you never listen to anybody, all you know is your own life, your own thoughts, how can you know they are better with no reference? How narcissistic.

We are capable of far more than leading good jobs and meeting good partners and looking good. We are capable of feeling so good that even if death approached, it wouldnt matter. Shouldn't that really be our ultimate purpose in life? To be content based on nothing external at all? Isnt that real freedom?

Humans are capable of a lot of things, and they don't always make us happy. It's different for everyone.

To be content based on nothing external? So do you mean, being content based on none of the five senses, and nothing from the outside world? As our ultimate purpose?

I would find that impossible. I would not experience anything. My existence would mean nothing. I would have nothing to be happy about.

Imagine yourself in an endless pitch black room, there is no floor and no gravity. You cannot hear anything, even if you speak. No taste, no smell, no feeling.

Frankly that is the most horrible hell I can imagine.
    Last edited by _Freddie_; 07-11-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Super Assome! Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 02:10 PM
    Threads

TL;DR: Dude wants to change America with this speech.

Message from me:

Internizzle serizzle bizzle
    AF family:
    - Temperance: Raccoon Pet. xD
    - Kitsune~girl: Sister :3

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
    TL;DR: Dude wants to change America with this speech.

I didn't actually read it either. Totsean seems to be channeling crazy dead people throughout the parts I skimmed. I was hoping he'd at least tie the flouride in the water to a Communist Mind-Control plot.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    I didn't actually read it either. Totsean seems to be channeling crazy dead people throughout the parts I skimmed. I was hoping he'd at least tie the flouride in the water to a Communist Mind-Control plot.
    Because, MP2K he is a communist trying to use the power of the interwebs to spread communist propaganda and philosophies to make us mind-controlled communist zombie cyborgs.

I can read through the lies, he is a smart communist, but not as smart as this capalist manbearpigdog.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

More or less this topic is about freedom. It's more than that, but if you don't want to discuss this seriously, you don't have to state it just for the post count. Read the posts or don't reply.

4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by M I K E Y View Post
    Because, MP2K he is a communist trying to use the power of the interwebs to spread communist propaganda and philosophies to make us mind-controlled communist zombie cyborgs.

I can read through the lies, he is a smart communist, but not as smart as this capalist manbearpigdog.
    If you're so smart, why did you omit mentioning my Stealth Laser Dirigibles, the GRU Mole People, Counterfeit Furbies, and Angelina Jolie? My plans contain plans within plans, which are also filled with plans. Any of which might be a trap, a red herring, or both.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2012 06:00 PM
    Threads

I don't know why some people make their lives so complicated by sorting through every detail in their lives. Just live everyday like you mean it. Happiness, joy, sadness, confusion, envy, jealousy, lust, control, greed. Just which one is not part of the human nature? The more you think the society has control over you, the more you are trapped. I don't deny the fact many aspects of this society is rather corrupted, and I do despise those who manipulate other for their won benefits. But NO one actually straps you to a chair and brainwashes you, it has always been your choice to believe what's right. Your ultimate values in life don't change just because whatever commercial or celebrity says so. How about stop using pessimism as a poor excuse to get by?

I wouldn't worry. It's all part of the natural cycle of an empire (the exact same thing happened to Rome). They start out as great new places, where freedom is ubiquitous, and then gradually freedom is exchanged for security, to the point where the empire basically crumbles under it's own weight. People get so convenient they basically don't bother maintaining it anymore.

I agree. The well being of a civilization is not for any individual to decide. We'll have to do what we can to maintain it.

MoonLight & Vines [*Sig by my dear Sis Lissy*]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Free from attachments, quite frankly I would not want that. If I had nothing that is special too me, I'd feel empty.

Once again through reading all of that I see that I am again misunderstood about everything.

If you would lose that something special, you would become unhappy. If you are free from any attachments then you can still enjoy all those things that bring you pleasure and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but you wouldn't become miserable or traumatized if you ever lost it.

Freedom from illnesses and entropy? Going against nature, and the natural laws of life, achieves what purpose? To answer your question, No I am not free from those things. However I don't think aiming to be supernatural in hopes of a higher freedom is wise. I'd rather like to think I am free to experience those things. Being a Taoist, I accept Yin and Yang, and I believe they are both essential to existing.

I am very open minded to such (super)natural experiences which involve transcendence of space/time and believe they can be a normal part of ones life, and I too believe that both yin and yang are essential to existing in the relative realm -- though not in the absolute. The universe is completely subjective, and is created by us. Even what we consider objective is really just the manifestation of the universe the way it's used to behaving, but it still can be altered by an individuals or groups will. This one fact is the only part you cannot change about the universe -- that it is always changing.

Freedom to do whatever I please. Yes. I see what you're getting at, even though I would be arrested, I could choose to murder another person. Again, even if it was okay, I would not murder anyone. The only way to be free of consequences would be to isolate yourself from the opinions of others. This is yet again narrow minded. If you listen to others, you can decide for yourself if that is right or wrong, if you shut your ears, you're not understanding how anyone else feels, and you become a prisoner to yourself.

Yes, but I do not believe in the right and wrong, that is completely subjective. Somethings are illegal in my country which are completely legal in another such as prostitution or some drugs.

I can very well understand how other people feel when I communicate with them and I am open to hearing what anyone else has to say about anything. I never disagree with someone because I think they are wrong, nor agree with them if they are right. I simply don't hold those values. My values are that something is either primitive or evolved, and I only make observations, rarely opinions.

[/font]
    All people have a sanctuary which must never be touched. Every person has a little corner of happiness, a little light of hope that will never fade. No matter how far away from that corner you are, you can still feel it, warmly inside your heart. People have done such... extreme things for their little corner of joy. What is more valuable than happiness totsean? I really would like to know the answer.

Even eternal bliss and happiness would become boring after some time. After which one would seek simple peace and serenity, which can bring joy in itself. You can either have the highs or the lows, or a balanced neutral state. You can't possibly have the highs without the laws, because it's all relative. You would forget that you are happy after a while.

There is nothing wrong with being reclusive.
    [/font]It's rather virtuous to devote yourself to something, firmly believing in your own ideals. Still that does not mean it's all right to belittle the ideals or feelings of others. If you lead such a focused life and you don't realize how others feel, it's only vanity. Is vain satisfaction freedom?

Who am I belittling? I am just making observations. If anyone feels belittled, they are doing it to themselves. It's a choice.

Would we be better off spending money solely on what we need, rather than what we want? How much better would life be if we never bought any books, or never went on a vacation? The memories we create bring true fulfillment and joy. I feel joy whenever I see pictures of myself with my family at Disneyland, and Yellowstone. We did not need to travel there, but to this day I am glad we did. I did not need to buy all the manga that I have, but I will never forget those stories, I still smile every time I walk by my little collection.

Think about this for a second. Does what you want so that you can be happy really have to be something you have to buy? Their are countless experiences you can attain, that are far better than anything you can buy. Do you really need those pictures? Why not look into your mind for those memories. Odds are they are far more vivid and animate than a simple picture. Ever experience an overwhelming wave of memories and emotions associated with them from a certain period of time like your school days or fun you've shared with your friends?
    Although that's missing the point. My point is you can still enjoy those things and read those manga, and spend time with your family, and collect little knick knacks, without being attached to them which can cause worry or suffering if lost.

[/font]

I've never heard such a contradictory goal in my life. What you're saying is so selfish. This whole time you have been trying to convey your point of view that "we are not free". But here, you are basically saying that listening to our own minds isn't freedom, and listening to yours is. What ideals are you comparing yours too? If you never listen to anybody, all you know is your own life, your own thoughts, how can you know they are better with no reference? How narcissistic.

I've never said anything like that. What i've attained is not complete apathy and isolation, but I actually devote more of my time to others. Even when I am not in this blissful state of peace and fearlessness, I worry about the needs of others more than of myself. I do it because it makes me feel good. So my selfless actions are actually selfish, you got that right, but their is a mutual benefit.

[/font]

Humans are capable of a lot of things, and they don't always make us happy. It's different for everyone.

To be content based on nothing external? So do you mean, being content based on none of the five senses, and nothing from the outside world? As our ultimate purpose?

The experiences I have are very hard for me to relate with anyone, but I can help you acheive a state of mind where you are content with nothing but yourself. This state is what i believe to be the ultimate goal of all man, but some people never evolve enough to realize this.

The state of mind I've reached from keeping my attention fixed on my breath all night, brought about many high realizations of things in this universe. It gave me energy levels I never knew I could reach. It was the highest point of attention, concentration, and freedom, and not even a single thought would pop up unless I chose for it to. This I realized, is the real self, the highest self, the you beyond your body and mind, the controller, the witness, the one that is not born and never dies.

I would find that impossible. I would not experience anything. My existence would mean nothing. I would have nothing to be happy about.

Imagine yourself in an endless pitch black room, there is no floor and no gravity. You cannot hear anything, even if you speak. No taste, no smell, no feeling.

Frankly that is the most horrible hell I can imagine.
    [/font][/quote]

Again you misunderstand. You know nothing about what this state is like. How can you make such prejudice claims?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post

Yes, i'm aware of the pattern of rising of civilizations and then falling when they become too rigid and conservative, and then new civilizations rise which are flexible to the changing circumstances. But we have the choice to either make the same mistakes over and over again, or we acclimate to the changing conditions and evolve to an even higher state -- which is not economically.

The Christmas Spirit Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia has a reputation beyond repute Regiao Hyuhia's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2010 07:12 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: regiao_hyuhia

Did anyone else notice that the periods are links to another website where that matches exactly what is said? Seems fishy.

Junior Member Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun has a reputation beyond repute Tsun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2008 08:43 PM
    Threads

I am fairly unplugged, but I don't think you can ever get away fully.

I never watch TV. Ever.
    I don't eat fast food.
    I don't drink alcohol, its disgusting and I don't really like being drunk. I smoke Cannabis.
    I didn't know the difference between Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise until Tom made a spectacle of himself, declaring his love for Xenu.
    I detest mainstream "news". I occasionally watch Democracy Now!, or find articles from a small group of people who are aware of our dissension into Fascism.
    I don't care about cool, and only buy clothes when my old ones stop fitting me.
    I speak my mind constantly, and its gotten me into trouble, but what do I care?

Totsean, have they reopened registration on Totse? Whats the deal with that? I was able to get an old account from someone I know online, but I'd like to use my regular username.

Did you write that post?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You made your point a lot more clear this time, I think you just put too much emotion in your previous posts, and I accept what you've said, even agreed with a few things. Theres just one part I want to discuss.

Think about this for a second. Does what you want so that you can be happy really have to be something you have to buy? Their are countless experiences you can attain, that are far better than anything you can buy. Do you really need those pictures? Why not look into your mind for those memories. Odds are they are far more vivid and animate than a simple picture. Ever experience an overwhelming wave of memories and emotions associated with them from a certain period of time like your school days or fun you've shared with your friends?
    I know, it's just in your other post you said, or at least, the message I got was "Buying things that you don't need is a waste of money." So I responded with examples where money was included. The memories are very much more animated, and more precious than pictures. As for experiences that are better than anything I could buy, I also agree here, like I said I was just remaining in your context of "buying things."

I still do not understand how you could be content with only yourself. I mean, I am content with myself, but I am who I am because of numerous influences, and theres a part of me that fears complete loneliness. I do not know, am I still misunderstanding you? I'd love to hear you try and explain it some more. I haven't had such a stimulating conversation in months.
    Last edited by _Freddie_; 07-11-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

It's a good thing I have this tin-foil hat, otherwise I'd be screwed!

All joking aside, what you're saying is true but how you're saying it will win over nobody. If you truly wanted to spread awareness you'd let people become aware; Telling them everything is little more than trying replace belief with belief.

A simple well-timed question does more for a person than an hour-long lecture.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2014 05:04 AM
    Threads

Here, have a tin foil hat.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information