AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Agency model portfolios

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 03:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Agency model portfolios

Here's some work I've been doing for the models of Nouveau Richč International Model and Talent Management:

Last edited by Neddog; 09-07-2009 at 04:13 PM.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Very nice. I like them all especially the asian model.

Angelic Weapon ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry has a reputation beyond repute ★Kiwi-Berry's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2010 06:11 PM
    Threads

Very nice work, they are such gorgeous girls!! I especially love the one in jeans and the asian model ^^ tell them I said they are stunning!!

-------- : : --------
    ::My MYSPACE::

(Myspace)
    :I: LOVE :I: PEACE :I: JOY :I: HAPPINESS
    :I:
    -----------

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

They are very nice photo's but my one complaint that I have been seeing with your photo's is the use of your flash. It just seems a little but unnatural. I know flash (hurr durr it is unnatural) but I have seen it when it all just blends in. Still great photo's.

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Threads

Very nice..I like the asian model too, i like wat shes wearing..very nice pictures

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

I'm gonna say this, right off the bat:
    You need two slave flash umbrellas.

The lighting of these photos are poor, which will make the photos mediocre. The light isn't as spread out as it should be, and will therefore leave a lot of shadow which will make the photo seem rather unnatural.
    For instance, second from the bottom, to the right - the girl got a huge shadow hanging on the roof behind her. VERY unnatural, which shows you don't know how to use a flash properly. For that shot, if I did not have an umbrella, I'd point the flash directly upwards or even backwards, perhaps to the side, only to bounce the light off the wall/roof for a more natural feel.

Personal favourite, even though it's lacking some life, colours and balance: Second from the top, to the right. The shorthaired girl standing.

Note: Once you get the flash control right, the quality of your photos will shoot up in the air. The way you use your models is in its way already good, but the way you use the flash, to be blunt, sucks.
    If you can, use as much as the natural light in the room (already existing light from lightbulbs and so on).
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sophonax View Post
    I'm gonna say this, right off the bat:
    You need two slave flash umbrellas.

The lighting of these photos are poor, which will make the photos mediocre. The light isn't as spread out as it should be, and will therefore leave a lot of shadow which will make the photo seem rather unnatural.
    For instance, second from the bottom, to the right - the girl got a huge shadow hanging on the roof behind her. VERY unnatural, which shows you don't know how to use a flash properly. For that shot, if I did not have an umbrella, I'd point the flash directly upwards or even backwards, perhaps to the side, only to bounce the light off the wall/roof for a more natural feel.

Personal favourite, even though it's lacking some life, colours and balance: Second from the top, to the right. The shorthaired girl standing.

Note: Once you get the flash control right, the quality of your photos will shoot up in the air. The way you use your models is in its way already good, but the way you use the flash, to be blunt, sucks.
    If you can, use as much as the natural light in the room (already existing light from lightbulbs and so on).
    Actually Sophonax, three lights were used with umbrellas and diffusers, and there was no lack of umbrellas or lights at my disposal. The light was MEANT to fall off fast from the model and to light the model dramatically, because these photos are for fashion model portfolios, and not to advertise the bar. A lounge, even though empty and with decent furniture, is simply not the best looking atmosphere for a shoot, thus my use of light was done to fall the light off from the surroundings and only light up the models. We aren't shooting in a flower garden here. Your personal preference may have been for more evenly spread light through the venue, but my use of isolated light was not because I didn't have enough equipment or that my "use of flash sucks".

Honestly, your suggestion to "point the flash directly upwards or even backwards, perhaps to the side, only to bounce the light off the wall/roof for a more natural feel", and to "use as much as the natural light in the room (already existing light from lightbulbs and so on)" would have thrown light across the room and would give an amateur snapshot showing just as much of the messy bar as of the model. That kind of shot would not fulfill the specs of the photoshoot. You and International suggested using as much natural light as possible - but have you seen the venue? It was a very well-lit venue, and sure I could have taken a snapshot there at any time using natural light to expose all of the surroundings - but a snapshot is exactly what it would look like. Trust me, I've been shooting commercial work long enough that I don't need to test this theory to tell you what the results would be. In a professional shoot we work to the accentuate the subject, and we don't work with uncontrolled flash thrown all over the place.

If you like "spread out" light then I'd like you to see my sessions from the studio, and tell me that I "don't know how to use a flash properly". My photographs in studio are evenly lit throughout the image, because the background and atmosphere is controlled. Thus, I can use fuller lighting because I don't need to reduce clutter in the background. That's a different type of shooting for a different type of venue. You can't just use one lighting setup for every type of shot you do. Funny you should criticize my lighting when every local photographer I work with admires my setup and tries to copy my style. Whenever I work with other photographers on a professional shoot I'm daunted with questions on how I do what I do, and weeks later they're all using the same setup as me. I guess I'm teaching local photographers how to suck, huh?

By the way, did you know that a camera will evenly expose just about any image simply by allowing the camera more time to gather light into the sensor through longer exposure? The use of flash is not required to add more "spread out" light, but rather to control SHADOWS and where the light falls. Yes, I do want controlled shadowing in these kind of images, not light "as spread out as it should be". These are fashion models and the light is meant to be dramatic and glamorous, not "natural" like you want. If you simply throw light everywhere it won't help to properly expose and accentuate the actual subject from its surroundings, as is required in professional photography. What you end up with is a "snapshot" as we call it in the industry.

Now as I said, it's very much up to personal preference what kind of imagery you like and don't like. Some would have preferred the well-lit room (which it really was) to look like a well-lit room, and your dislike of my images I would not take personally. That's my style of shooting for this kind of venue, and you either like it or you don't. However, for you to tell me that I don't know what I'm doing and my use of light sucks, is completely out of line when it's obvious that you don't understand the concepts behind the effect created here, nor the technical aspects of how the lighting was used. If you understood how lighting works, you would not have suggested that I "need two slave flash umbrellas" to create the effect you described - that would have the opposite effect, as my images show since that's essentially the setup I used. lmao. To obtain the kind of lighting you describe would require LESS lights or underpowering my lights, not adding more. I guess you didn't know that...

If you don't like the lighting used then I will certainly take criticism about what you don't like about it, however harsh or blunt - and how you think it could have been better done. However, don't tell me that it "shows you don't know how to use a flash properly" when everything you complained about is exactly what I was out to accomplish, lol. You do realize don't you, that you're talking to an agency-approved commercial photographer here, and not some guy who just bought a DSLR with kit lens and flash? I think I know a little something about how to use flash, as well as my own preference to how I use it. There are many other professional photographers whom I may not like the work of, and don't like the way they shoot or light a set. Some of them are considered "legends", and I wouldn't suggest they don't know what they're doing. lol.
    Last edited by Neddog; 09-07-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i added a few new photos to the top of the group for ya'll.

And here's a group shot from the last shoot:
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Closed Thread

Thread Information