AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 5?!

Member Noraith will become famous soon enough Noraith's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2008 02:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Metal Gear Solid 5?!

http://wwvv.kotaku.com/5010401/kojim...l-gear-solid-5

Now , I wonder .. Is this only to keep hopes up for Uber-fan's like myself , Of MGS or is this for real? Even thought i'm not sure yet i'm really hoping that he will continue making the MGS series , Even though he said Metal Gear Solid 4 is the last one . And heck , you don't need Snake to make a uber game.. Or do you? Oh who am i kidding , yes you do xD But i'm predicting even if it will come out it wont be with snake , Or will it? Hmm..

I didn't find a awesome signature , so i decided to quote some of my friends (Too bad only one answered)

''Sleeping is for the weak''
    Black

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that the only official things I heard were
    -MGS4 is the last one with Kojima directing.
    -MGS4 is the last one with Solid Snake.
    I heard nothing about MGS4 being the last MGS.

I'm not really surprised. MGS is a great game that sells like hot cakes. They can't really do a sequel, though, because there is no one left to base it on (Unless Sunny dons a Ninja suit). That blog guesses a Big Boss prequel, but I'm hoping for The Boss. It seems to me that hearing about the Philosophers for once might be interesting, and there are a few interesting events that were never fleshed out back then (Volgin's Dad stealing the money, The Boss + The Sorrow romance [Which is also Ocelot's origin, as it were], how The End got so damn cool, and what the hell was The Fury doing testing space rockets Pre-WW2 (unless that stuff is a more recent addition, in which case what was he like before he got sent into space).
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 07-06-2008 at 08:58 AM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Hopefully, we'll see another MGA out of this.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Junior Member Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger has a reputation beyond repute Coffee_Danger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2008 10:55 PM
    Threads

No one ever said the MGS4 was going to be the last MGS. I’m so satisfied with MGS4, I honestly wouldn’t care if they didn’t come out with another MGS, but I’m sure that won’t be the case.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

It could end up something like Metal Gear Ac!d, but not as a spin-off. If Kojima does not direct this then chances are that I will not bother. Well..I probably will as I still get the Ac!d series but I bet they will be nnowhere as good.
    That which is; is the truth.

Senior Member Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2010 12:06 AM
    Threads

I'd love for there to be another Metal Gear game! I think it'd be a great idea to remake the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the Playstation 3.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmat View Post
    I'd love for there to be another Metal Gear game! I think it'd be a great idea to remake the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the Playstation 3.
    They have already re-made the 1st one for Gamecube, and the second one was as good as it is was going to get anyway. Their really is no need to re-make them all over again just for a 3rd generation console. Being on PS1 and PS2 makes them what they are, two previous legendary and classic games.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Original Metal Gear e.g. not Metal Gear Solid. He's talking about the ones that were released on the PC Engine in the late 80s. First one got ported to the NES. If you're interested, they can be found on the MGS3 bonus disk.

I don't think it's a great idea though.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 07-07-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh! My apologies! You mean the ones where you play as Solid Snake and Big Boss is the target. Yes I know them and I have played them on my brothers MGS3 special edition thingy. I played them both for about 10 minutes, they were way too difficult.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That quick.Snake is my god.Master Chief wishes he could wash his shoes.

Member JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 01:40 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the only official things I heard were
    -MGS4 is the last one with Kojima directing.
    -MGS4 is the last one with Solid Snake.
    I heard nothing about MGS4 being the last MGS.

I'm not really surprised. MGS is a great game that sells like hot cakes. They can't really do a sequel, though, because there is no one left to base it on (Unless Sunny dons a Ninja suit). That blog guesses a Big Boss prequel, but I'm hoping for The Boss. It seems to me that hearing about the Philosophers for once might be interesting, and there are a few interesting events that were never fleshed out back then (Volgin's Dad stealing the money, The Boss + The Sorrow romance [Which is also Ocelot's origin, as it were], how The End got so damn cool, and what the hell was The Fury doing testing space rockets Pre-WW2 (unless that stuff is a more recent addition, in which case what was he like before he got sent into space).
    First post in a bit! and I agree with all this. One other option though could be a reverse to where Raiden was and how he accomplished all of the things he did like stealing Big Boss's body, saving Sunny, leading to his capture and how he became Cyborg Raiden. I know im fairly interested in this because he went through such a darastic change, I want to know more of his story. But that's just me.

Cyborg Ninja fan for life.

.pUre FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice has a reputation beyond repute FriedRice's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2008 07:44 PM
    Threads

Nice a 5th one

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Since Solid Snake isn't in it any more I thinkthey would probably remove "Solid" from the title again. I would also welcome a complete remake and overhaul of the original Metal Gears.

I guess I need to play the 4th one to get a better vision of the future of Metal Gear...

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Since Solid Snake isn't in it any more I thinkthey would probably remove "Solid" from the title again. I would also welcome a complete remake and overhaul of the original Metal Gears.

I guess I need to play the 4th one to get a better vision of the future of Metal Gear...
    Solid wasn't in the MGS3, and he was in MG 1&2. "Solid" doesn't designate that it has Solid Snake as a playable character.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Solid wasn't in the MGS3, and he was in MG 1&2. "Solid" doesn't designate that it has Solid Snake as a playable character.
    I know. I just meant that if they were going to move it in a new direction, it would make more sense to change the "Solid" to something else. Metal Gear Solid was the era of Snake vs Liquid, and now that era is over. Just like like Metal Gear Ac!d isn't Metal Gear Solid canon, however MGS3 IS part of the Metal Gear Solid story.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They would change 'Solid' but only if it were a new Snake altogether.

Father: Naked (Big Boss), Eldest: Solidus, Centre Child: Liquid, Youngest: Solid.

Solid was the perfect replicate of Big Boss himself and was the latest model and clone. He was a success so to speak. But they will not change Solid's name if refering to the same man. Only if it is a new clone or something will it change. Remember Big Boss was named "Naked Snake", and even though Solidus was born afterwards it did not mean that he would inherit the name. They were all different.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I know. I just meant that if they were going to move it in a new direction, it would make more sense to change the "Solid" to something else. Metal Gear Solid was the era of Snake vs Liquid, and now that era is over. Just like like Metal Gear Ac!d isn't Metal Gear Solid canon, however MGS3 IS part of the Metal Gear Solid story.
    The sequel could still be part of that storyline. A story about The Boss or Big Boss would be integral to that storyline. And there could always be something else out there that could present a problem directly stemming from something Liquid did.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The sequel could still be part of that storyline. A story about The Boss or Big Boss would be integral to that storyline. And there could always be something else out there that could present a problem directly stemming from something Liquid did.
    Yeah I realize that too. I'm just firing the idea out there, I haven't really thought it through or anything so....yeah. I'm just thinking that if it had such an epic closure then adding a small thing that happened after might ruin it if you know what I mean.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah I realize that too. I'm just firing the idea out there, I haven't really thought it through or anything so....yeah. I'm just thinking that if it had such an epic closure then adding a small thing that happened after might ruin it if you know what I mean.
    Well yes. That is why Shinichiro Watanabe has no plans to make another Cowboy Bebop series. He said that he should not just carry on making sequels just for the sake of it and that to stop producing them when people want more is the best thing to do and is more within the Bebop spirit. Although recently when he was asked if their were to be more he said "Someday, maybe someday."

This could be what Kojima thinks too. The urge to make more as so many people adore the series although it is usually better to stop when people want more to make the series seem more original. It is most probably either a fifth one directed by another member of the staff or maybe even loads of spin-offs to milk this famous series for all it's worth, similar to the Final Fantasy VII story.
    Last edited by Amray The II; 07-13-2008 at 09:20 AM.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

maybe it will be about the kid of meryl and johnny!!!

i also heard of rumors of them wanting to make a metal gear ocelot (for psp), and when portable ops came out, kojima said he's open to making more games about big boss.

i hope they make one to the set up of when then made his clones (since liquid said he was in a coma when they did that)
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Junior Member randomuser83 is on a distinguished road randomuser83's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2008 01:21 PM
    Threads

Well Kojima is like this every time. He says it will be the last one then bam another game down the road. So ill just wait and reserve my response for when he does release it.

Member MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn has a reputation beyond repute MadEyeJohn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2008 10:53 PM
    Threads

yeah everyone knows hes gonna make another one. hes the master of metal gear hes not gonna let it end till he dies!.

Closed Thread

Thread Information