AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Results 176 to 194 of 194

Thread: Goku vs Superman

  1. #176
    Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    1,276.22
    Gender
    Gifts Bento 258 - Mudkip
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    3,393
    Blog Entries
    29
    Rep Power
    2348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Return of Ryushin View Post
    even a normal human can beat superman if he just wears cloves made with criptonite in them or something, and if superman looses hes powers he can't fight because he depens to much on them, goku's go martial arts training
    Where the [expletive] are you going to get Kryptonite Gloves? Training means [expletive] in a fight.

  2. #177
    Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    15,718.21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Age
    25
    Threads
    44
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    240

    Default

    goku wins since he needs to leave a city to fight someone because he's too stong.....super man on the other hand doesnt see the diffrence in power. Oh and goku can draw power from all over the universe superman only gets it fromt he sun another win for goku.

  3. #178
    Member Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan's Avatar
    Gil
    1,040.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2010 03:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    From the Land Downunder.
    Age
    31
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Of course Goku will win but I don't think he will kill Superman, Goku will probably just beat Superman intil he's unconscious then give him a senzo bean and then they will work together to save Earth from danger (if their worlds cross over).

    WARNINIG!!WARNING!! Vegitto/Gogeta obession HERE!!!!!

  4. #179
    Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    351.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Age
    28
    Threads
    27
    Posts
    3,343
    Blog Entries
    112
    Rep Power
    5660
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Rant View Post
    You still haven't covered the playing field itself. In other words, the area of battle, location, time of day, etc.
    Well, considering that the course of one night isn't a sufficient lack of sunlight to cause Superman any ill effects and Goku isn't affected one way or the other, time of day makes very little difference. Either combatant would rather take the fight away from the populace, so "generic field" should suffice. The "area" of the battle could easily start spanning the globe, if that's what you were getting at.

    To be honest a lot of that doesn't matter though, Superman's described his time on this planet as living in a "world of cardboard," where he literally has to restrain himself from accidentally destroying anything he touches even if it's, like, a sneeze or something. More than once he's faced enemies that are near his level of toughness, and he's actually happy that he gets to stop holding back.

    Goku, on the other hand, is very similar in concept but the "world of cardboard" aspect is never really brought up at all. His actual threshold for anything is relatively vague in normal human reckoning, all we get is that he's "strong." They never really touched upon HOW strong.

    I should also point out that if it weren't for the rest of the Z Fighters, Goku wouldn't have won against a single enemy in DBZ. He's VERY much a team player, and requires allies to soften up or distract someone while he does something powerful. Superman's THE be-all-end-all of the DC Universe, and has taken more than his fair share of enemies solo. Of course there are enemies he can't take alone, that's why there's the Justice League, but most of the time that's more to do with multiple events happening at the same time as opposed to one strong enemy that's difficult to beat.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

  5. #180
    Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    15,718.21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Age
    25
    Threads
    44
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    240

    Default

    batman can beat superman, actually he might be the only one who could really beat superman

  6. #181
    Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    36,320.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In a house made of 10 years game xx
    Age
    25
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Super man is like a ballon in front of goku , goku lays a finger and superman will pop....
    well honestly , i dont think we should even compare these two people with each other...
    Last edited by Necro'lic Enigma; 01-28-2009 at 05:39 AM.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

  7. #182
    rules over you golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl's Avatar
    Gil
    6,860.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 01:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    India,Agra
    Age
    18
    Threads
    27
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I too think that Goku would win maybe he won't be able to defeat superman when he hasn't turned to supersaiyan but as soon he does he would defeat him in a second(even in the first form).
    I LOVE YOU PENNY AND I HOPE WHERESOEVER YOU ARE YOU'LL ENJOY THERE.
    YOU'VE BROUGHT TEARS IN MY EYES
    YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN TO BE.

    YOU REALLY WERE A TRUE FRIEND AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH
    penny is my grandma's dog everyone always remember that true friendship is really rare in this world but dear penny your'e my best friend
    dear!!!

  8. #183
    Junior Member Think Fact! will become famous soon enough Think Fact!'s Avatar
    Gil
    40.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2009 04:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    21
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Look at this logically. When Raditz was measuring the power level of the farmer, it showed up as 5. Now, Superman is 1,000 times stronger than this because his home is 1,000 times bigger.(If you want proof, look for "The Science of Superman" documentary). But since Superman is so muscular, he would probably be between 8-10,000. Anyone who has watched DBZ will know that Gokus is far greater. I am not biased one way or another, I just want to show the evidence. This information would be useful for a computer simulation, but such a test would be irrelevent as the proof is here.

  9. #184
    Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    351.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Age
    28
    Threads
    27
    Posts
    3,343
    Blog Entries
    112
    Rep Power
    5660
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Think Fact! View Post
    Look at this logically. When Raditz was measuring the power level of the farmer, it showed up as 5. Now, Superman is 1,000 times stronger than this because his home is 1,000 times bigger.(If you want proof, look for "The Science of Superman" documentary). But since Superman is so muscular, he would probably be between 8-10,000. Anyone who has watched DBZ will know that Gokus is far greater. I am not biased one way or another, I just want to show the evidence. This information would be useful for a computer simulation, but such a test would be irrelevent as the proof is here.
    '

    Yes, but what you AREN'T taking into account is, well, pretty much anything that makes Superman different from humans aside from "planet's bigger lol." Add that to the fact that Kryptonians on average while powerful are still not in Superman's league themselves and your argument is somewhat flawed.

    The documentary you've offered as evidence is speculative, and since nobody actually knows the science behind scouters and their ability to calculate power level, you can't even begin to use your argument anyway.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 02-01-2009 at 11:07 AM.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

  10. #185
    The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    5,940.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Threads
    7
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    225

    Default

    No disrespect intended but i think most of the people who posted on this thread and went the Goku way knows Goku greatly but only knows Supes barely.

    When we talk about how powerful Goku is, where can we draw facts and references? The anime, manga, a couple of movies, a couple of video games...

    When we talk about how powerful Supes is, where can we draw facts and references? TONS of comics, animated shows, a couple of movies, a couple of video games, more comics, and more comics...and when i say more and more comics, i do mean more and more power - this fact alone gives Supes a GREAT, and i mean GREAT advantage over Goku.

    Goku is basically a martial guy, a fighter, a guy that can beat punch planets and destroy it in the process, a guy who saves worlds.

    Superman is also a fighter, a guy that can bore holes into heavenly bodies, a farmer, an educated person, a citizen who contributes to society by having a job, a man of ideals, also a guy who saves worlds. This guy could beat Goku just by writing an article and get him deported back to space through sheer means of slander and propaganda.

    And oh, back into those Kryptonite gloves... Sorry pal, unless this discussion gets too opinionated to the point that facts are neglected, acquiring Kryptonite gloves that works on Supes (Earth 1) is not really plausible. Even Bats' kryptonite shard has already been shattered by an eye beam from Superman (earth 2) in his visit to the batcave during the infinite crisis.

    Kryptonites are rare, very rare. You could find lots of it in the multiverse, but those won't work on good old Supes.

    Who says Supes can't do Instant Transmission? He can do it, it's just not called that way. Want an example? Okay so now let's go into Identity Crisis. See how he instantly transports in front of Ollie (green Arrow) when they were having an argument?...

    You see Supes on the monitor in the first panel with Ollie in a debative gesture, and then you see Supes standing right in front of Ollie who is still on the same debative gesture in the panel that follows.

    I won't go more onto the pound for pound related discussion. Because seriously that guy named Sanosuke23 have discussed and proved time and time again in this thread that Goku would lose against Supes in a pound for pound fight.

  11. #186
    Junior Member Think Fact! will become famous soon enough Think Fact!'s Avatar
    Gil
    40.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2009 04:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    21
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Y'know, I have a fairly good idea about how powerful Superman is cos I'm a big fan, I've read the comics(not all of them of course) seen the movies etc. I've been a fan of Superman longer than Goku and I, in fact, like Superman more. But the ability to accept that your favourite Superhero isn't the most powerful in existence will give a better understanding of the character. My favourite is Spiderman and its obvious he is not as powerful as either, but it doesn't matter. Power alone doesn't make a better Superhero. But you have to face the facts and when you do, you'll start looking at your hero in a much more personal way.
    Last edited by Think Fact!; 02-02-2009 at 04:20 AM.

  12. #187
    Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    36,320.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In a house made of 10 years game xx
    Age
    25
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Think Fact! View Post
    Y'know, I have a fairly good idea about how powerful Superman is cos I'm a big fan, I've read the comics(not all of them of course) seen the movies etc. I've been a fan of Superman longer than Goku and I, in fact, like Superman more. But the ability to accept that your favourite Superhero isn't the most powerful in existence will give a better understanding of the character. My favourite is Spiderman and its obvious he is not as powerful as either, but it doesn't matter. Power alone doesn't make a better Superhero. But you have to face the facts and when you do, you'll start looking at your hero in a much more personal way.
    Really a good point you have there.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

  13. #188
    The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    5,940.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Threads
    7
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    225

    Default

    A good point think fact. Favoritism clouds facts.

    I (in fact) don't even count Supes as one of my favorites. I'm more into Elongated Man, and Kaiketsu Zubat on the Japanese side of things.

    Now if there's someone in DB who has a better chance in beating Superman than Goku, it's gotta be Buu (in any form).

  14. #189
    Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    2,997.71
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Umited States
    Age
    25
    Threads
    74
    Posts
    2,781
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    1259

    Default

    Goku hands down, there is no way Superman could win against something like SS3 or SS4 Goku in any kind of fight. Even though both of them can fly but, Goku can use energy techniques that Superman could never even dream of using.
    Gero Server Guru




  15. #190
    Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    351.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Age
    28
    Threads
    27
    Posts
    3,343
    Blog Entries
    112
    Rep Power
    5660
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Think Fact! View Post
    Y'know, I have a fairly good idea about how powerful Superman is cos I'm a big fan, I've read the comics(not all of them of course) seen the movies etc. I've been a fan of Superman longer than Goku and I, in fact, like Superman more. But the ability to accept that your favourite Superhero isn't the most powerful in existence will give a better understanding of the character. My favourite is Spiderman and its obvious he is not as powerful as either, but it doesn't matter. Power alone doesn't make a better Superhero. But you have to face the facts and when you do, you'll start looking at your hero in a much more personal way.
    Actually, though I like the potential Superman has, I don't like what they've done with that potential in most cases. I can't really say I like him overall.

    However, when going with two beings meant to be the paragons of their given universes, the one whose had his powers escalated, retuned to not be overpowered, and escalated again over the course of almost 80 years now simply has more evidence and a longer track record of ridiculous crap he's done. Goku simply hasn't been fleshed out enough to GIVE a definite answer for him, and his universe isn't much more than a tarp with some trees and rocks drawn on it. That's the core problem with the argument FOR Goku. He's too vague a character.

    I also mentioned in my first post on this subject that it depends heavily on WHICH Superman you use. The current one is actually starting to approach Silver Age Superman in power from what I've seen, much more than I originally thought. That being said, I'm revising my match-up list.

    Golden Age Superman v. Normal Goku/Kaio-ken: Goku wins. Golden Age Superman is the weakest of them all, and isn't a whole hell of a lot stronger than a human.

    Post-Crisis Superman v. SSj1 Goku: This is largely equal from what I can see. Goku doesn't have the strength to blow up a planet with a gesture, not even Freiza does at this point(he has to do some wacky unexplained something to the planet's core) and he's the strongest person in the series at this point. Superman still has strength on Goku(even Post-Crisis Superman was able to move planetoids under the right circumstances), but as I've mentioned before in a point-for-point sparring match Goku can beat Superman.

    Post-Crisis Superman v. SSj2 Goku: SSj2 Goku pulls this one out. The same conditions as the previous fight are present, but Goku's got a boost in his speed and power so I can assume if they were about equal before then he'd be stronger now.

    Current Superman v. SSj3 Goku: Superman would win this as a matter of attrition if not ability. SSj3, if you'll recall, drains the crap out of Goku. It's basically got a time limit imposed on it, and Superman in his current state is capable of soaking up lots of damage if need be and giving it in return. Goku'd probably kill himself trying to win.

    Silver Age Superman v. SSj4 Goku: This basically comes down to one thing: Goku, as a character, was written with the possibility of failure. Silver Age Superman wasn't, unless it was something so minor as to be irrelevant or Superman was morally mistaken. However that's metagame thinking, so let's move away from that. You don't want "lol plot armor" as a defense. Superman was, for forty years, the most ridiculous mofo ever. They gave him a new superpower every goddamn week practically, and had escalated his power to the point where he would be able to survive ONE MILLION NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS AT ONCE with a concussion, and that's POST-CRISIS SUPERMAN. Silver Age Superman didn't have to eat, drink, or breathe. The only things that could hurt him, THE ONLY THINGS, were Kryptonite and magic, and magic's in there ONLY BECAUSE HE NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN IT. He didn't understand how magic worked, so his body never learned to resist it. WHAT THE HELL. Silver Age Superman is far too broken for ANYONE to beat, let alone SSj4. About the only people that CAN beat him are children, Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane, and that's only when it's a "lol look Superman's wrong! Oh golly, he's got water ALL OVER HIM!" situation. It's not that Goku isn't some broken corporate money tree at this point himself, but Superman's just way out there in the "Let's just make him better than everyone" department.




    There you have it. It has nothing to do with "favorites." Goku is just a poorly fleshed-out character that works fine in the capacity he was made for but can't be realistically compared to Superman who's had 80 years of explanations, characterization, and general feats of strength to draw from. Hell, my above guesses are just that, guesses, and particularly generous to Goku because he has so many unknowns.

    All of this is incredibly stupid however, BECAUSE THEY WOULD NEVER FIGHT. EVEN if they were in the same universe, the nature of Superman's character would simply be to not fight Goku unless he was a threat. Goku would then proceed to annoy the crap out of him for the rest of his life, though they'd probably end up friends. You CAN'T separate that from the character for the sake of the fight, because it's a part of his personality and his mindset in a fight. Taking that away makes the fight inaccurate, and we're back to square one. Superman would simply say "You know what, you win. You're awesome. Whatever makes you feel better. Now if you'll excuse me, I have the avatar of a dark god attempting to take over the universe and it's up to me to beat the crap out of him. Have a nice day."
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

  16. #191
    Circlejerk Elitist DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    999,999,999,998.89
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Unknown
    Age
    27
    Threads
    13
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    5735

    Default

    goku is definately the winner.

  17. #192
    Member Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88's Avatar
    Gil
    1,355.06
    Gender
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2010 07:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Green Earth
    Age
    26
    Threads
    18
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    goku would just get some kriptonite and BAM! fights over

    whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger

    men are from earth women are from earth deal with it

  18. #193
    Senior Member Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One's Avatar
    Gil
    6,747.34
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2012 11:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago Il. USA
    Age
    21
    Threads
    18
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noskee88 View Post
    goku would just get some kriptonite and BAM! fights over
    Really? Where?

    Superman moves planets. Goku could maybe make the grand canyon at full power.
    Accept fact- Superman is stronger and faster.


  19. #194
    There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gender
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    AAAAAAAA!
    Age
    28
    Threads
    163
    Posts
    9,496
    Blog Entries
    106
    Rep Power
    5827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    Silver Age Superman v. SSj4 Goku: This basically comes down to one thing: Goku, as a character, was written with the possibility of failure. Silver Age Superman wasn't, unless it was something so minor as to be irrelevant or Superman was morally mistaken. However that's metagame thinking, so let's move away from that. You don't want "lol plot armor" as a defense. Superman was, for forty years, the most ridiculous mofo ever. They gave him a new superpower every goddamn week practically, and had escalated his power to the point where he would be able to survive ONE MILLION NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS AT ONCE with a concussion, and that's POST-CRISIS SUPERMAN. Silver Age Superman didn't have to eat, drink, or breathe. The only things that could hurt him, THE ONLY THINGS, were Kryptonite and magic, and magic's in there ONLY BECAUSE HE NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN IT. He didn't understand how magic worked, so his body never learned to resist it. WHAT THE HELL. Silver Age Superman is far too broken for ANYONE to beat, let alone SSj4. About the only people that CAN beat him are children, Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane, and that's only when it's a "lol look Superman's wrong! Oh golly, he's got water ALL OVER HIM!" situation. It's not that Goku isn't some broken corporate money tree at this point himself, but Superman's just way out there in the "Let's just make him better than everyone" department.
    A somewhat better match up: Silver-Age Superman v. Death. Could go either way, really.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

    The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Vash the Stampede VS Goku
    By Pyrobrave in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts