AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Funimation will distribute "lost" Geneon titles

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 10:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Funimation will distribute "lost" Geneon titles

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-geneon-titles

They saved One Piece from 4Kids, and now they're saving Geneon's lost titles. Funimation's awesome level is through the roof.
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Darn, and I just found out and was planning to post the announcement myself.
    Oh well, it's still great news. I had bought Black Lagoon season one just to find out I couldn't get season 2. I just wonder if there's going to be a changeup in the voice actors/actresses?

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Funimation? I think their habit of translating opening songs is appalling, but I have nothing against them. Glad to see that someone is going to be picking up the slack.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    Darn, and I just found out and was planning to post the announcement myself.
    Oh well, it's still great news. I had bought Black Lagoon season one just to find out I couldn't get season 2. I just wonder if there's going to be a changeup in the voice actors/actresses?
    Nope, it'll be the same cast. Geneon will still be doing all the dubbing and production, but selling them through Funimation.

Capernicus: Has Funimation really dubbed any OPs/EDs besides Yu Yu Hakusho and One Piece? And, TBH, I thought they did a good job with the former and an incredible job with the latter (heck, the first One Piece theme is actually good now thanks to them).
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Imagine Mugen played by Christopher Sabat.OHHH..
    They also did DBZ and Speed Grapher and Gunsliner Girl....yeah they have killed the Op/ED..

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Doom85 View Post
    Capernicus: Has Funimation really dubbed any OPs/EDs besides Yu Yu Hakusho and One Piece? And, TBH, I thought they did a good job with the former and an incredible job with the latter (heck, the first One Piece theme is actually good now thanks to them).
    Yes, Fruits Basket and Pokemon I believe.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Yes, Fruits Basket and Pokemon I believe.
    Isn't Pokemon done by 4Kids and later Viz? And I dunno about the Viz version, but the 4Kids Pokemon themes were one of the FEW changes done by 4Kids that I didn't mind (their One Piece, on the other hand...... ).

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

My bad on the Pokemon. Still, we've named what? Five different anime that they killed? I think my point remains valid.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    My bad on the Pokemon. Still, we've named what? Five different anime that they killed? I think my point remains valid.
    Well, in your opinion. I thought the One Piece songs were improved in English, the Yu Yu Hakusho songs were slightly better than the original, and I thought the original DBZ openings mostly stunk, so the lame "Rock the Dragon" was just garbage replacing garbage really. Haven't seen the others listed, so no comment.

Anyway, like I said, it's Geneon that will be doing the remaining dubbing for the shows that got rescued, so this is a pointless discussion really (as far as I know, Geneon doesn't dub OPs).

Closed Thread

Thread Information