AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Piracy

Senior Member CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2008 12:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    that place between a house and another house....
    Threads

Default Piracy

what's your thoughts about it? i mean...if everyone pirates stuff the industries we take it FROm could collapse....and i know most of you is going "well it's only ONE game/song/movie/whatever" but there's lots and lots of people going with the same thought...

so...yeah...any opinions?

oh and if this hs been poted then i'm deeply sorry...been absent from here alot...
    -------------------------------------
    You Conceited wretched HUMAN!

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

piracy sucks! boo!

i hate piracy. the subtitles are always rubbish and the picture quality is terible. sometimes they are just recorded form a cinema seat and it turns out crap. i never watch thrm anymore and i never really did much in the first place.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CyraXZero View Post
    what's your thoughts about it? i mean...if everyone pirates stuff the industries we take it FROm could collapse....and i know most of you is going "well it's only ONE game/song/movie/whatever" but there's lots and lots of people going with the same thought...

so...yeah...any opinions?

oh and if this hs been poted then i'm deeply sorry...been absent from here alot...
    The industries "we take it FROm" will collapse. And that is a good thing. They will collapse because they aren't adapting to a new business environment that isn't going to away, and sticking to old and hopelessly outdated business models. New, more flexible ones will arise to take their place. This is good. This is how capitalism works. Helping a specific business model to prevail is anti-capitalist. In fact, it's almost bordering on planned economy (the hallmark of communism).

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The buisnesses are rich.Kid Rock made it really clear.Hey if you don't do piracy who will.If taking one DVD from a Best Buy or Subbing anime are gonna ruin them.The Japanese buy enough to keep them up.

R.I.P.Geneon.

Senior Member Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2008 01:21 PM
    Threads

Internet piracy is a subject that I actually am deeply into, lol. The problem is not that people are stealing from artist, music sales are only a small portion of where artist get their money from, the larger portion being from concerts and merchandise. The people who are really "hurt" and I use that word loosely, is the Recording companies, who make their money from CD sells.

Now I dont feel bad about "stealing" music from the Record Companies. If the band Im listening to is one that I like I probably will buy their CD or merchandise or even go to a concert, otherwise if its just a band that Im looking to check out, or that I dont necessarily like but want the music form, I will "obtain" it. Also if its just one song that I want, I dont see the point in buying a CD or buying the song from someplace like Apple Itunes.

This subject goes beyond just Internet piracy too. Shoplifting is something that I know of fairly well, I have a friend who use to make his living stealing from stores. I joined him a few times. One of the key things was that we never stole from small companies, only major retailers. The point of this is that these major retailers make so much money by ripping off customers on the markup of their goods, and that overall these where corporations have more then enough money as is.

Yeah if everyone goes out and steals companies might go away, but if that really such a bad thing. Corporations rip off the customers, the amount of markup from the actual cost to make the product now a days is ridiculous. Then you factor in how these companies rip off their own employees, underpaying them and what not. All of it together is what fuels the anti-capitalism ideology.

PSN - Kobbler

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it's not exactly a great thing for the directors and producers either. they get nothing from it and are losing out on sales and well earned money. well most of the time anyway unless their film is crap. but if their film is crap then they need all the pennys they can get! directors always complain to youtube about people that post their films and anime on there and youtube doesnt even raise an eye lid. they dont care. they are idiots.
    That which is; is the truth.

Thats life. Awesome? Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2012 06:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 4768-7102-5291

Music piracy is quite a complex subject. Sure if your caught, the penalties are severe. Its just as the other guy above me said. You can include shoplifting as comparison as to how piracy is depleting the Recording Industry of revenue however I see downloading music as "sampling music" that way if I like an artist, I can go buy the album.

Senior Member Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler has a reputation beyond repute Kobbler's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Something to note with Movie and TV piracey is it is actually kinda hard to even get stuff now off the net. I have been hunting for Postal : The Movie in english, but because the movie theater companies screwed over Uwe Boll in the release of this film I havent been able to find that. Also there are older movies that are online that I cant find at any store I go to, but can find online. I still need to look up exactly how the DVD sales work into how much directors and actors make, but I will say that I usual buy movies when I am able to instead of downloading them.

PSN - Kobbler

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

The quality of the priated copies is even worse than the real quality, and that should put people off from buying them.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I dont know about that actually, lol aXXo comes out with good rips off. Ive "obtained" a few of his and they have been fairly good quality, almost DVD quality. You just got different people uploading them and putting them out. Each person hosting the files may be hosting different version, ie one is a .AVI file where as another is a .WMV and some even host .ISO image files of the item, which in my experience usually ends up being best quality but sometimes hardest to get to play easy.

Also there is a difference that should be noted between downloading a pirated copy of something and buying a bootleg copy. Bootlegs can be just as equal to the real copy, such as some of my anime I bought off EBay, all of which are amazing quality. The main thing is that I actually had to pay for it, something I wouldnt have to do if I downloaded it, and even with that I got them at a very very low price.

PSN - Kobbler

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

I bought all of Death Note and will continue to with the anime. Why? Because I watched it pirated. There was no way I was about to invest money in something I didn't know about. I say it helps them out in the end. A lot of fans will want the hard copies when they know they like it. At least, that's the case with me. I'm sorry, but I don't think there's a real stop to piracy.

I don't know what to think of with music piracy. I just don't know how to look at that one, considering it's a completely different matter.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Where I am people are coming down hard on downloading music now. my mum knows some people who have actualy recieved warning letters through the post telling them to stop. thats if you are constantly downloading the files. its a scarey thought as I was doing it just yesterday. :S

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually, it has nothing to do with whether or not you constantly download music. They set a trap, look up your IP, and send it to your address. There are plenty of cases of people getting yelled at even though they didn't download and/or don't own a computer. It's a sloppy process, and the proof they use is extremely inexact.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know the whole process of it, it is just that if you continue to do it they send you a letter.

i know how to get passed all them though. >
    its easy. we have this programme and basically instead of the download bar filling up until the song is downloaded, it instead downloads it in little squares across a page. therefore the people trying to track you do not know what it is you are giving or recieveing. plus it is not a sharing files site like limewire. its sites like that that get you spotted.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kajiwara View Post
    I know the whole process of it, it is just that if you continue to do it they send you a letter.

i know how to get passed all them though. >
    its easy. we have this programme and basically instead of the download bar filling up until the song is downloaded, it instead downloads it in little squares across a page. therefore the people trying to track you do not know what it is you are giving or recieveing. plus it is not a sharing files site like limewire. its sites like that that get you spotted.
    Let me just be the first to say that you are insane if you think that your program using squares to indicate the download process vs. a download bar is going to magically prevent them from finding you.

Also, they don't care whether you are downloading or uploading. Only that you are on a P2P network, and shifting music from one place to another. And they mostly run on Limewire and other big conventional P2P services, but they also have tentacles on places like Bit-Torrent and e-Donkey.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

my explanation was a bit vague as I am only a little girl myself, as you can clearly see. trust me we deal with PC's and they will, garuntee you, never catch me. I bet you all the money you have in your bank.

Chii-sai ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin has a reputation beyond repute ChibiVampKarin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 03:03 AM
    Threads

I don't think pirating would make the industry collapse. We're talking about people who get profits from other things. Sure, a BIT of their money will go down, but they're always going to get lots of money for other endorsements. If they're truly "that hot", they'll make it.
    a.k.a ChibiNaruto
    *Miscellaneous Thread Fiend*

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

my explanation was a bit vague as I am only a little girl myself, as you can clearly see. trust me we deal with PC's and they will, garuntee you, never catch me. I bet you all the money you have in your bank.
    Don't get cocky o_o.

My friend's brother ran the same (or at least similar) program. He was sued for over $2,000 for downloading Photoshop. People think that they're smart, but those who sue are smart too. You think you're good, then WHAM. Sued. They only way to avoid it is to either record the music live from the Internet (as in using Audacity to record something from YouTube). Or have your friend send you an attachment through e-mail, and that's still risky.

All I'm saying is be careful. I've heard thousands of stories of people getting cocky, and then getting sued into the ground. Thus losing their dignity.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for your concern. I never use the programme anyway I do it plainly obviously. XD I shall expect a letter soon. It's my mothers boyfriend that uses it and he is a computer repairman. He knows practically everything about PC's and garunteed me yesterday that his programme will never be found out. He has fixed many a PC and even fixes other peoples if need be. Friends mainly.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's unlikely that a person working as a repairman is qualified to make that judgment. Aside from some personal-network-type P2Ps that allow people to trade with just their personal friends (assuming the admin isn't a retard), any P2P network will allow the Muzak Police to trace you down. Some make it harder then others, but if you are downloading something from a trap, then you are boned.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I want people to pirate things. I want copy right to go away. I want to see the entertainment industry make low-budget movies. I love it.

Banned Forum / Chat †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段† has a reputation beyond repute †飛段†'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2008 02:21 PM
    Threads

I officially support piracy since hackers make all those nice tweaks and give us Direct X10 for windows XP!

And Jashin does not approve Vista! It just eats too much RAM…

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    It's unlikely that a person working as a repairman is qualified to make that judgment. Aside from some personal-network-type P2Ps that allow people to trade with just their personal friends (assuming the admin isn't a retard), any P2P network will allow the Muzak Police to trace you down. Some make it harder then others, but if you are downloading something from a trap, then you are boned.
    You underestimate me. Seriously. I wil not be caught. It is no way a trap I can assure you of that. Also he is not only a repairman, he is a repairman now because his logic in computers is so high. That is why he started fixing other peoples computers in the first place. My PC is linked to his and he put all these programmes into it so that, if he wanted, he could spy on me, take screen photos every 5 seconds so he can see what I was doing later, he can even log me off my PC from another house. He's done it to his friend before when he linked them together. He is a very smart man although he respects my privacy.

But you can make as many judgements as you like or choose to just think I am someone who knows nothing, but I speaking as truthful as my logic can determine.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You underestimate me. Seriously. I wil not be caught. It is no way a trap I can assure you of that. Also he is not only a repairman, he is a repairman now because his logic in computers is so high. That is why he started fixing other peoples computers in the first place. My PC is linked to his and he put all these programmes into it so that, if he wanted, he could spy on me, take screen photos every 5 seconds so he can see what I was doing later, he can even log me off my PC from another house. He's done it to his friend before when he linked them together. He is a very smart man although he respects my privacy.

But you can make as many judgements as you like or choose to just think I am someone who knows nothing, but I speaking as truthful as my logic can determine.
    Repairman is the computer equivalent of being a brake technician on a car. It is not advanced knowledge, it is a number of skills a monkey could do. I'm more then qualified to be a computer repairman, and I could easily do all those things you just mentioned. But none of this indicates that he's qualified enough to tell you about communications security. Moreover, I know from glancing at the Internets and applying logic to how P2P systems work it should be obvious that none of the P2P systems are bulletproof.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 07-05-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Wasn't awake enough to type

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No you are not taking in what I am saying. Oh forget it, how can you possibly understand just by simply reading my bad grammar? Listen forget it and I know what I am doing okay. We will not be caught and that's my assumption. You have your assumptions and I have mine.

Closed Thread

Thread Information