AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Episode 25 & 26

Hybrid View

Junior Member shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2008 06:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Episode 25 & 26

I really enjoyed the last two episodes of evangelion, much to the dismay of my friends who has also watched the series. It kind of reminded me of Donny darko in that it was very complex and had to be watched several times to be understood. I've been looking over the net for other interpretations of the two episodes, but havn't really found one. Here is what I took from it....

Humans are, in essence, incomplete. We have consciousness, and this allows us to perceive the incomplete nature of ourselves, creating a void in every human. by iniating the human instrumentality project, gendo and rei turned the human race into one giant conscious entity. This fills the void that was created from our incompleteness, making us "perfect" and eternally happy, without fear or any emotion created from it.

was there ever an actual analysis released from the creators? if not, do any of you think I missed the point entirely or at least close?

Member Sickness is an unknown quantity at this point Sickness's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 04:03 PM
    Threads

You also have to understand the character of Kaworu. He is like Shinji, just he does whatever he wants to by his own free will, unlike him Shinji is often blocked because he cares about other people and he is afraid to hurt them and him self. Kaworu is also insane or just egoistic, he has that fake smile all the time. He has no friends at all but he is happy. I'm still confused what Kaworu saw in "Lilith" that made him give up and die. Maybe it was just a trick, but I'm sure that Kaworu is the one asking questions in instrumentality.

In the end Shinji decided to live as individual and not to be part of instrumentality by analyzing his mind and he destroys instrumentality as he destroyed everything else before it.
    Even the blooming flowers will eventually fade. Even our world is not eternal. The deep mountains of vanity cross them today and superficial dreams shall no longer delude you.

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

Now you are talking about the last two real episodes of the series from the TV, and not the movies correct?
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Junior Member shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite has a reputation beyond repute shogi_elite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2008 06:10 AM
    Threads

yes, from the tv series

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That the final angel had landed. You are taken through Shinji's reaction to it. And you see the varied different points of view. his world is only created by him.
    This also leads to the various manga that came out that are plays on the small scene where Shinji sees a version of himself, who lives a normal life with Rei as a transfer student and Asuka as a childhood friend.
    Angelic days.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=3984

But I think Kawori Dieing triggers the effect. A lot of what happens it due to the budget plug being pulled the first time Amno the director was making it. It was not a success by any means in it's initial run on Japanese TV. (It was givien a terrible time slot aimed primarily at younger people.)
    It has been years since I have seen the series. much of what I say is my own speculation added to a few articles I read in the day.
    I happen to like the odd flash episodes more since that End of Evangelon came out.
    It was not the end I was hoping for, and was a twisted dark unintelligible and not redeeming in any way for any of the cast (save for maybe Misato)
    I am only hoping the New Movies coming out are a better "end" to the series.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Member Sickness is an unknown quantity at this point Sickness's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 04:03 PM
    Threads

Are you stupid? Which part you don't like:
    "Thinking like that the real world itself is not always bad.
    The real world might not always be bad. Yet I hate my self.
    It's your mind that conceives that the reality is bad and hateful.
    The mind which confuses the reality with the truth.
    The view angle, the position. If those are slightly different, the things inside mind will change a lot.
    There are truths as mane as people.
    But there's only one truth that you have, which is formed by a narrowed view of the world. Formed by revised information to protect you self, the twisted truth.
    Oh, yes. The view of the world that one can have is quite small.
    Yes, one measures things only by one's own small measure.
    One sees things with the truth given by others.
    Happy on a sunny day. Gloomy on a rainy day.
    If that's what you're taught, thats what you'll always think.
    Even so, you may enjoy rainy days.
    Your truth can be changed simply the way you accept it.
    That's how fragile truth is.
    The truth within a human is so cheap that people wish to know a deeper truth.
    It's only that you are not used to be liked by people. So you don' have to look upon other's face.
    Yet, don't you hate me?
    You idiot! It's you that is always trying to think so.
    Still, I hate myself. Those who hate themselves cannot love or trust others.
    I'm wicked, a coward, a weak and...
    If you know yourself, you can be kind to others.
    I hate myself. But I might be able to love myself. Maybe my life can have a greater value. Yes, I'm nothing but I. I am I. I wish to be I. I want to continue existing in this world! I am worth living here!"
    Even the blooming flowers will eventually fade. Even our world is not eternal. The deep mountains of vanity cross them today and superficial dreams shall no longer delude you.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sweet a refresher course

Junior Member 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts is infamous around these parts 39kilowatts's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2008 12:10 AM
    Threads

I LOVE new animes like Evangelion coming out of the Shonen Jump!

Junior Member Zero Interrupt is on a distinguished road Zero Interrupt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2008 06:12 PM
    Threads

Ep 26 (original 26) is my favorite episode in the entire series. I'll occasionally watch it by itself sometimes, or show it to friends, and I occasionally joke that episode 26 should be required viewing for every human being on Earth.

Though, well, it'd probably go over a lot of peoples' heads.

Closed Thread

Thread Information