AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Death Note American Live Action Remake

Banned Forum / Chat CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2009 06:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

If Zac Efron plays Light Yagami that would be perfect. Zac actually cosplays as guess who... Light Yagami. Now I could see Tobey Maguire (the guy how played Spider-Man) playing L Lawliet, and nobody else. I could also see me as that extra in the second Death Note live-action, you know Death Note: The Last Name, that dies because he tells people to not follow KIRA because Misa was killing non followers of KIRA.

The only reasons I wouldn't see it is if I don't have the money, if it goes straight to DVD or Blu-ray, and/or if they change everything about it.

Senior Member Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 03:55 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CursingL View Post
    Zac actually cosplays as guess who... Light Yagami.
    Source, or that's false.

Banned Forum / Chat CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL is a glorious beacon of light CursingL's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Senior Member Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

None of those are reliable sources. They are all fan-made, and are nothing more than opinions of people on the internet. The Zac is Kira website is actually the website that started this whole OMG Zac is Light! fiasco in the first place! It even shows you the pictures that started it all, which are very CLEARLY nothing more than a fan comparison.

No, Zac Efron has never cosplayed as Light Yagami. He looks like the guy, so all you're seeing is Zac wearing similar clothing to Light (just as all people who frequent reward ceremonies will do) - by coincidence. Nothing more.

No information on that Akon video on the web. Have a link?

But yeah . . . still false.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well it's hard to find soruces when my computer is blocked. I don't know try here:

and like i said he was in an AKon video cosplaying Light Yagami and doing the caramelldansen.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred DNA View Post
    None of those are reliable sources. They are all fan-made, and are nothing more than opinions of people on the internet. The Zac is Kira website is actually the website that started this whole OMG Zac is Light! fiasco in the first place! It even shows you the pictures that started it all, which are very CLEARLY nothing more than a fan comparison.

No, Zac Efron has never cosplayed as Light Yagami. He looks like the guy, so all you're seeing is Zac wearing similar clothing to Light (just as all people who frequent reward ceremonies will do) - by coincidence. Nothing more.

No information on that Akon video on the web. Have a link?

But yeah . . . still false.

Why are you making such a big deal about this anyway? Do you know Zac Efron?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CursingL View Post
    Well it's hard to find soruces when my computer is blocked. I don't know try here:

and like i said he was in an AKon video cosplaying Light Yagami and doing the caramelldansen.
    That's not a cosplay dude. It's just coincidence that he wore a white shirt and red tie (millions of people wear that everyday). That picture was probably taken on location for a movie or at some awards ceremony.

The rest are . . . I don't even really know what those videos are supposed to tell me. Sorry.

The creator of that first picture is the person who started it all, and it was meant to be funny. Ya know - haha Zac looks like Light. It was not meant to be taken seriously. Still haven't linked to that Akon video, so meh there.

I care when people spread outright lies, basically. Zac having any kind of association with the Death Note Anime is just not true . . . at all.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I'm not lying. I have seen Zac Efron cosplay Light Yagami several times. I can't give you the links because I don't remember the exact videos and blogs also my computer keeps blocking my so I can't check them.

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think it'll be wasted money since I have a feeling even more of the show will be lost in translation and with bad actors like the ones from twilight will just make things worse. Hell even the Japanese live action version failed badly in my opinion when I saw them when it first aired in Japan. But whatever.

Wth is wrong with hollywood anyway... its like they're competing to see who can make the worst movie ever.
    Last edited by niKopol; 05-11-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Junior Member Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2009 09:13 PM
    Threads

I really think that an American live action movie of Death Note isn't a bad idea. It completely depends on who plays Light and L and who writes and directs. If three out of four of those people do awesome jobs, it could be honestly a good movie. If it's four out of four, it could be kick ***, if it's two out of four, it could be bearable. We can't really know until we know who's working on it.
    Death Note is a series that I think can translate to live action just fine, as it did with the Japanese live action version.
    But I'm sorry if Eforn is really playing Light...that's almost as bad as Revees playing Spike. I actually kind of like Zac, but I don't think he can pull it off. But it's not like the Japanese guy who played Light "set the bar" or anything.

cяimson sky oishi88ramen is just really nice oishi88ramen is just really nice oishi88ramen is just really nice oishi88ramen is just really nice oishi88ramen is just really nice oishi88ramen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2009 10:44 PM
    Threads

I wouldnt like any of the American remakes of animes. They make it sound childish when it comes on trying to get the Japanese accent comeout of their mouth.
    I guess....

-Today, I breathe the last-

Senior Member Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2010 11:23 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: hey whats that??

i am not gonna watch ..american remake...i am sure that they would screw up and ryuk?? who can possible act as a shinigami and they vioce acting would be really childish and horrible
    Last edited by Dead rose; 05-20-2009 at 01:01 AM.

then does strength represent justice, is powerlessness a crime??I'm not the one at fault the world is.

-lelouch

Member CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade has a brilliant future CherryBlade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2009 04:49 PM
    Threads

I'm gonna watch it 4 the laughs...and who knows it might turn out good ( a small possibility, i've seen Dragon Ball XD)

if zac actually gets the part,then the movie isn't going to be very promising lolz

~Love and Obsession~

Member Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 05:09 PM
    Threads

I wont watch it in theaters or buy dvd of it, I'm just going to wait for it in the torrents and then I would die. . . .

Of laughing. . .

then I wont be able to sleep. . .

Efron as Light and Cyrus as Misa would haunt me. . . @~@
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have never found out what I really want to do,
    but I have a lot of what I really dont want to do. . ."

-Killua Zaoldyeck, Hunter X Hunter, episode 46
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junior Member deathnotegirl23 is on a distinguished road deathnotegirl23's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2009 12:34 PM
    Threads

Thumbs down American Live Aciton Death Note

hey death note fans!
    There should be something somewhere idk yet but if you sign it and donate $1 they will add up all the money (probably making over a million) and give it to the Japanese Live action death note L actor;
    Ken'ichi Matsuyama to see if he would come and learn english to be the American live action L!!!!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^Argh. I've had enough of that fool. He was okay in the Japanese movies, but I don't want him in the American remake.

There should be no problem finding a suitable L for the remake . . . just the right voice and the right bone structure, and everything else can be manipulated. Hair can be dyed. Eyes can be dilated. Whoever it is can be starved for at least a good 2 weeks. Skin can be bleached.

I think I'll hang on to my dollar.
    Even his enemies have him as their emergency contact.
    He's a lover, not a fighter.
    But, he is also a fighter, so don't get any ideas

With Love so Pure... Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2014 09:04 AM
    Threads

patience... ,i say just patience...

Member Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 05:09 PM
    Threads

^Argh. I've had enough of that fool. He was okay in the Japanese movies, but I don't want him in the American remake.

There should be no problem finding a suitable L for the remake . . . just the right voice and the right bone structure, and everything else can be manipulated. Hair can be dyed. Eyes can be dilated. Whoever it is can be starved for at least a good 2 weeks. Skin can be bleached.

I think I'll hang on to my dollar.

ehh. . .uhm. . I think kenichi was ok. . .
    up until the 3rd movie. . .>,<
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have never found out what I really want to do,
    but I have a lot of what I really dont want to do. . ."

-Killua Zaoldyeck, Hunter X Hunter, episode 46
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

This movie is a instant fail.
    Death Note characters=Japanese
    American actors playing Japanese people=EPIC FAIL

If people really want to see the live action they will go and buy a copy of the Japanese movies.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    This movie is a instant fail.
    Death Note characters=Japanese
    American actors playing Japanese people=EPIC FAIL

If people really want to see the live action they will go and buy a copy of the Japanese movies.

Eh. The Japanese did the same thing with L.

L = white boy.

I'll see the movie just so I can at least see a proper, non-japanese L.
    Even his enemies have him as their emergency contact.
    He's a lover, not a fighter.
    But, he is also a fighter, so don't get any ideas

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Eh. The Japanese did the same thing with L.

L = white boy.

I'll see the movie just so I can at least see a proper, non-japanese L.
    It never says what natonality L is.

Member tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2010 03:19 PM
    Threads

they will never make a better L in the US remake!!!

Senior Member Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2010 12:38 AM
    Threads

How is the Japanese version of this movie? Is it worth watching at least? I absolutely loved the anime so... I was thinking of checking out this movie.
    Last.FM!
    Hit me up with a F/R!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke0990 View Post
    How is the Japanese version of this movie? Is it worth watching at least? I absolutely loved the anime so... I was thinking of checking out this movie.
    It's definetly worth seeing but not as good as the anime though.

Member kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2009 12:48 PM
    Threads

I'm all for it!
    I am (Or used to be) in love with death note, and if they do ruin it. Who cares!
    In all honesty i would like to see how the Americans portray it, and to be able to go to the cinema and watch... that would be amazing.
    Click for the Death Note society

I heard that people stopped watching death note when L died... although I think more people stopped watching death note when Light died.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information