AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone else agree?

Junior Member Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2008 03:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Weeeeell... I've only watched Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, Samurai 7, and Samurai Champloo. Other than that, only seen snippets of Naruto, Inuyasha, and Dragonball... So, out of those, yeah I'd say Cowboy Bebop is #1. And I can't imagine watching an anime I like more.

The story is good. The characters are believable. It brings an unprecedented authenticity to space anime. And the music is AMAZING.
    Not many animes could top all of that.

Please click on my eggs - don't let them die!

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

no way, no how. there are so many great Anime movies/series that i love, that it would be almost impossible for me to name a number one. still, if i had to, i would want to say "Ai Yori Aoshi" but, that just wouldn't be fair, as, like i said, there are simply too many Anime titles of the highest caliber to name a number one favorite. BTW; i had no idea that ANIME INSIDER still existed. while it is heartening to know that it and ANIME USA are still in circulation, it is a grave insult to this passionate Anime fan of fifteen years that those two publications, and possibly ANIMERICA as well, continue to exist, while NEWTYPE USA, a publication of so much higher caliber, so tragically went under not so long ago...
    Last edited by Tasuke; 12-22-2008 at 03:03 PM.
    ♥Mikuru Asahina's Soulmate♥

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikuru_Asahina

SOS Brigade Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2014 12:01 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8

Hey that reminds mei have the first issue of Newtype USA somewere around here.... I remember cause it came with a i belive Full metal Jacket short manga, and the front cover was of a Gundam i believe i could be wrong.

Back from Afghanistan (for a good 8-9 months now), and my first child is due in a few weeks, yet my heart is still beating at 120bpm plus. I love house, Hardstyle, Trance, and a few other sub genres. EDM for life.

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Broly3k8 View Post
    Hey that reminds mei have the first issue of Newtype USA somewere around here.... I remember cause it came with a i belive Full metal Jacket short manga, and the front cover was of a Gundam i believe i could be wrong.
    Yeah. It's in my manga drawer. xD

Anyway, I don't really think it deserves the top slot. I remember that issue and I was heartbroken that Vandread, or something else that I thought was amazing didn't make the list. I don't Wolf's Rain or my beloved Texhnolyze were in the top 100, either. NGE was only like 7 or 8, and I was sure, thumbing through everything, that the oldies and the originators would hit the top. Astro Boy didn't place very high, though and it was probably the oldest one on the list. It may have been in the top 10 or so but it still wasn't as high as it should have been.

My point is that Cowboy Bebop is a pretty nifty series, but it's far from the best. There are thousands of anime that the producers, writers and editors of that magazine probably have never even heard of, so you can't really say that the list is comprehensive. It sure as heck isn't definitive. That'd pretty much be an impossible task, anyway. I think they did alright but some of the series didn't really get what was due to them.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 12-28-2008 at 01:04 AM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Member MorphtheFallen is a jewel in the rough MorphtheFallen is a jewel in the rough MorphtheFallen is a jewel in the rough MorphtheFallen is a jewel in the rough MorphtheFallen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2008 03:44 AM
    Threads

I'd have to say it deserves the spot, not just because I think it is a great show or even because it stands above many others (not to say it is definitively the best). It's characters, story and music makes it hard not to be in one of the top spots. (I'm being quite vague, but hopefully you know what I'm talking about the same as when people reference "many others that are better")
    The reason I think it deserves the top spot, is because to me it can be seen as not just anime, but a good "show". Not to say other anime's are not or that something being an anime is bad. However it appeals (in what I've seen) to a broader group of people because of how good it is. (Sure this may be personal bias but then again what isn't).

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

Cowboy Bebop is definitely a contender for best anime of all time, but as with all "best of lists" theres rarely a clear number one pick. I don't know what kind of criteria was used, but I normally find 100 things wrong with top 100 lists.

There are probably 20 or so anime that could legitimately compete for the top spot.

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 12:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

i don't think cowboy bebop is no.1 there are many more animes in the fight, i think ANIMES like DBZ,F.M.A,INU-YASHA,ROURONI KENSHIN NARUTO AND BLEACH could be number one . but cowboy surely deserves third or fourth spot in all time best

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 05:13 AM
    Threads

I do agree, very much so.
    SMILE!

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FLASH-X View Post
    i don't think cowboy bebop is no.1 there are many more animes in the fight, i think ANIMES like DBZ,F.M.A,INU-YASHA,ROURONI KENSHIN NARUTO AND BLEACH could be number one . but cowboy surely deserves third or fourth spot in all time best
    DBZ, Inuyasha, Naruto, and Bleach are the most overrated anime shows ever.

Senior Member Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2009 11:59 PM
    Threads

While this is a very good show, I really dont think it deserved the no. 1 spot. I would probably put it at 5th or 6th (as far as my tastes go, at least)
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...

AF's moxy foxy furry gal vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2009 06:12 PM
    on the ragged edge of world i'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home...
    Threads

i agree a milions times!! it had good story plots the ending and story wrapped up well it didnt have a millions episodes...yup thats what vixen thinks anyways
    im a proud furry =3 you dun like it? kiss muh furry but!! D:<

--my wolf pack-

*is under construction*

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 12:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono1219 View Post
    DBZ, Inuyasha, Naruto, and Bleach are the most overrated anime shows ever.

they are overrated???? lol not at all ,,,they are huge mega super duper hits and to be honest cowboy bebop is one of them,, i mean its 1 of the all time best.

Junior Member batou1 is a glorious beacon of light batou1 is a glorious beacon of light batou1 is a glorious beacon of light batou1 is a glorious beacon of light batou1 is a glorious beacon of light batou1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2009 08:12 PM
    Threads

I'd agree with most of the responses on here that it is in the top 3. I have a hard time giving any anime the top spot though since there is such a variety of different types. But it really does encompass a lot of different aspects of a good show with a progressive and unfolding storyline, good characters, action and suspense.

Senior Member Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2009 09:32 PM
    Threads

the series was good, had everything in what Tony Sinclair calls "moderation", just the right amount of the right elements that make up the show, followed by a great cast and an awesome ending

My sister is Kissed by Neji my OTHER sister is Morning Grace.......i gots family!

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Threads

i agree; It is great. i cry every time i see the ending

Member JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 02:52 AM
    Threads

I agree it should be #1 it always has in my heart.

But then i love loads of diffrent animes >< But Cowboy Bebop has always had its soft spot of been my fav! So to hear its been voted so highly is a VERY good thing mwhaha
    Either he's dead or my watch has stopped O.o

Quote me as been miss quoted

DeviantART - judyT
    youtube - Princessofpink

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

Yes it deserves the First spot no doubt about it .Sure there must be other animes in competition who we think some are better , but i personally think , cowboy bebop really beats them and deserves the 1st spot.On most far well second.Not more then that.
    That anime has that elemant to be there.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2009 07:29 PM
    Threads

It was a great show. I don't see why not it shouldn't be in first.
    Quote of the week:
    "Little things affect little minds."

Junior Member ambspock is on a distinguished road ambspock's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2009 01:13 AM
    Threads

I love Cowboy Bebop and it does deserves to be at least in the Top 5 but not necessarily #1 and Cowboy Bebop is one of the few shows that i can actually watch in English Dub and one of the few that i watch dub and in a way really help me cement my foot in loving anime because of how beautiful it is and heartfelt it is story wise.

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 06:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MorphtheFallen View Post
    I'd have to say it deserves the spot, not just because I think it is a great show or even because it stands above many others (not to say it is definitively the best). It's characters, story and music makes it hard not to be in one of the top spots. (I'm being quite vague, but hopefully you know what I'm talking about the same as when people reference "many others that are better")
    The reason I think it deserves the top spot, is because to me it can be seen as not just anime, but a good "show". Not to say other anime's are not or that something being an anime is bad. However it appeals (in what I've seen) to a broader group of people because of how good it is. (Sure this may be personal bias but then again what isn't).

I completely agree - what sets CB apart from most anime (not all by any means, but a lot) is that someone with no interest in anime could watch 1 episode and be like 'wow, that was really fun/clever/moving' depending on which one. Also the voice acting in both languages is amazing. I think the english dub stands out simply because often english dubs just dont work so well.

That all said its neith my favourite anime nor the only one which is a good show. Contenders for the top spot to my taste are azumanga daioh, samurai champloo, fma and bleach. But in terms of influence and artistry, I can see how CB tops em all
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information