I prefer to eat twinkies and the like cos they have no faces and were never alive to begin with. Though I do suppose they contain something from living things, but it's sort of hard to tell by the time it reaches me on the supermarket shelves with their shelf life expectancy of 200+ years.

Anyway, it seems to me that there's been a serious lack of iron mentioned which is found in higher concentrations in red meat vs anything else. Iron makes the body function well. If you're body's cells cannot get enough oxygen then you have all sorts of problems and end up much like me.
Iron, a trace mineral, prevents anemia and keeps your red blood cells healthy. In fact iron is an essential part of hemoglobin, a part of the red blood cells that carries oxygen throughout your body. You also store iron in your muscle tissues and it's an essential part of many of your body's proteins and enzymes.
Animal products provide heme iron, which is more easily absorbed than non-heme iron, the type of iron available from plant sources.
Hence my problems, I dislike eating things like red meat, oysters, livers and other gastly bits of animals.
I don't eat a lot of meat, outside fish, cos I really don't have a taste for it. Working fast food does that to some.
I find it a bit difficult to understand how anyone can eat just a diet of plant matter (commonly called, around here anyway, rabbit food). Our bodies weren't designed for it. We were designed to eat a little of everything.

Eat more OREOS!