AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Vegetarians that Eat Fishies

Member Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2008 08:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

You donīt need meat really. It has no vitamins or so..Only for the taste you can eat tofu or so..
    Calamity befalls oneself. Like Icarus who fell to earth when his wings were burned by the sun.

Donīt pay too much attention to my bad english^^

Здравствуйте!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333's Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2020 08:46 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Totsean, you could have just quoted me on your first post. Be careful cause you're double posting.

Now back to this...

True you don't really need meat. We'd all just be better off with out it. Erm... Less strokes and heart problems.

Senior Member Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2008 02:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by aishiteru333 View Post
    Totsean, you could have just quoted me on your first post. Be careful cause you're double posting.

Now back to this...

True you don't really need meat. We'd all just be better off with out it. Erm... Less strokes and heart problems.
    ^ Yea, im aware of that, but too lazy to fix it :P
    "Truth, joy, and love. The three are interchangeable"

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amray View Post
    I know that. My friend is totally for it because if it were not for animal testing her younger sister would be on the next world by now. It was good to see that she was happy and I suppose animal testing was because of her sisters existence.

But I can still think that it is wrong, even if it is actually 'right' and their is a lot of good coming from it, I still have the right to detest it. Not all of the tests are accurate anyway. When injected with a certain drug a normal pet mouse had a different effect than that of a trap door mouse, and I mean a completely different effect. They will never be 100% accurate as long as they are not used on humans so some humans must be involved in the experiments some how, otherwise how would they confirm it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsh
    thatīs false. How you can read on www.peta.de (a german site) itīs useless to test things on animals because the react totally diffrent on things like medicine or so.
    Many humans died because the scientists only depended on the results from animal testings....thatīs ordinary. Animal testings are only cruel and donīt have any sense. Because to know for sure of the result from a medicament the scientists have to test it on humans. never mind what it has done to the animals!!..
    Yes, that was...basically exactly what I just said. And yes, it is very true. Medicines need to be used on a human to make certain of the outcome that it is actually safe for a human to use. Humans and Rats are nothing alike on the inside therefore half these tests on rats are futile.
    Animal testing is effective for preliminary testing, because most mammals operate in very similar ways. Scientists are very aware of the ways that a laboratory animal and a human differ, and do extensive testing to determine whether or not their differences are a factor. The point of animal testing isn't to produce a finished drug, but to produce a drug safe enough to test on consenting humans in double blind studies. There is no other way to produce a drug that is even remotely safe enough to test on humans.

Quote Originally Posted by aishiteru333 View Post
    You can use almonds to substitute the meat. It has the same vitamins or something... Or so I've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totsean View Post
    yea, all nuts are a good source of protein, and also good unsaturated fats like omega fatty acid 3 and 6. They have some traces of vitamins and minerals too.

but soy and quorn are probably the best substitutes for meat. You can get soy steaks, burgers, hotdogs, pretty much everything and it tastes almost exactly the same with just as much protein and has no bad fat or cholesterol.

People who say humans are meant to eat meat are ignorant. Despite all the scientific evidence against that, it can also be logically deduced that humans used to eat meat only because the needed it to survive, but now humans are more evolved and much more advanced agriculturally so we don't neccesarily need to rely on meat, because we have better sources for those nutrients meat used to supply.

and as the next poster says, it really has no vitamins. Yet it has toxins like lactic acid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsh View Post
    You donīt need meat really. It has no vitamins or so..Only for the taste you can eat tofu or so..

You people don't know squat about nutrition. I'll quote an old thread where Princess Minako (Who actually has a degree in this sort of thing) lays the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako
    I have a degree in Biology... from a very well accredited institution. I focused in Microbiology/genetics, and basically how your cells work and your body works with them. I did extensive research on human physiology and DNA due to my thesis and my area in study in University. So I would have to say that I do know what I'm talking about, out of all the people I've met in the Biology programs both here and in Australia... none of them were vegetarians.... and the botanists were the most fun.

In the argument of killing animals, did you know that they have shown studies of sentience in plants. They are quite well self aware of their surroundings. They grow towards light, and respond to touch of other things around them... just like you do. Did you know that you rip plants from the ground and keep them alive in stasis until you eat them alive?!?! Why is it that you get away with eating organisms alive, but omnivores get yelled at for making sure its dead before we digest it?

Horses have Rumens, which are small "second stomachs" that house several bacteria that help break down chlorophyllic organisms, which is why they are able to get nutrition from a strictly vegetarian diet. Humans do not, we get little to no nutritional value from plants. We are true omnivores, we get complete proteins, containing all the amino acids we can and cannot make, and are able to digets and extract them quickly and efficently from meat. We are able to get other nutrients we don't get meat from fruits and vegetables. While you CAN get the same amount of nutrients from vegetables, its not as efficient and results in you needing to eat MORE mass of food to get the same amount of nutrition from a smaller mass of meat.

[It goes off into talking about the attitude of person she was arguing against.]
    The reason people eat meat is for amino acids (protein), not vitamins. It is extremely hard to get enough of it from vegetables. Vegetation lacks about 1/2 of the necessary amino acids you need for good health, and protein in general is hard to extract from it.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 06-27-2008 at 03:15 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Daeva's black rose poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2008 01:33 PM
    Threads

About fish-eating vegetarians: P O Z E R S! Real vegetarians don't eat anything with eyes. Fishes have eyes. They don't eat animals, because of the animals. Vegetarians who don't eat meat, but eat fish don't eat meat because of the animals, but for some other, their own reasons. My best friend's a veggie and she doesn't eat many many things, I'm admiring her will.

About animal testing... I'm completely against it, nowadays there's modern technology with which they can test whatever without sing animals as subjects. The problem is that it's very expensive and few companies are willing to afford it. It's cheaper to use little mice, rabbits, cats etc. Bloody beasts, I wish them all a slow and painful death.

I respect vegetarians, they have the iron will. I just can't resist meat, tho I know what to they do to the animals, but in Croatia they aren't that brutal. Stuff we see on Peta's videos are mostly done by crazy Americans [no offense to anyone!].

Meat is necessary for humans, but we don't need it as much as we eat it. It's a fact. Many people eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day. That's just too much!! I think people should eat less meat, they should try to lose that habit. And of course, treat animals a lot different than they're being treated now. The conditions they're being kept, what they do to them, the transport, they way they're killed... Makes me cry. I wonder if that person would enjoy to be burnt alive and to die slowly while smelling their own burnt flesh? *argh* This always makes me angry. Animals should be treated with respect they deserve, they were here long before us and they share this poor planet with us. I hope that people will see it one day. We're supposed to be smarter and advance with time, but... We're even worse than before. It's sad.

Hot gift from Midnight Rider Teh Great! Thank you :3

Thank you for the awesome sig, Serated!
    -art thread-[VF]-myspace-

Member ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend has a reputation beyond repute ninja legend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2008 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i want a wii!!!!

i guess that there is just different types of vegatarians. such as i'm a vegatarian when it comes to fish but i eat other kinds of meat. i just dont like the taste of it.
    PROUD F.B.I (Flordia Born Idiot)

Cows shall take over the world if you want to help the cows take the world then copy this and put it in your signature.

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Animal testing is effective for preliminary testing, because most mammals operate in very similar ways. Scientists are very aware of the ways that a laboratory animal and a human differ, and do extensive testing to determine whether or not their differences are a factor. The point of animal testing isn't to produce a finished drug, but to produce a drug safe enough to test on consenting humans in double blind studies. There is no other way to produce a drug that is even remotely safe enough to test on humans.
    Thankyou for your logic. I appreciate it. I was thinking about saying that they probably use Rats to just get that little step further and advance in their logic about the drug that they are testing, although I did not know for sure.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Senior Member Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2011 02:34 AM
    Threads

People are so damn picky.
    I can agree with Ivy though
    Whoever makes a HUGE deal about not eating meat, and then turns
    around and snacks on Nemo..
    Thats hipocritical. =\
    Personaly I love all food.
    CHEESE BURGERS & SUSHI FTW!!!<333

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poison.ivy View Post
    About fish-eating vegetarians: P O Z E R S! Real vegetarians don't eat anything with eyes. Fishes have eyes. They don't eat animals, because of the animals. Vegetarians who don't eat meat, but eat fish don't eat meat because of the animals, but for some other, their own reasons. My best friend's a veggie and she doesn't eat many many things, I'm admiring her will.
    I don't eat anything with eyes either. I cut off it's head and skin, and disembowel it first.

About animal testing... I'm completely against it, nowadays there's modern technology with which they can test whatever without sing animals as subjects. The problem is that it's very expensive and few companies are willing to afford it. It's cheaper to use little mice, rabbits, cats etc. Bloody beasts, I wish them all a slow and painful death.
    Modeling isn't at all accurate enough to replace animal testing. Would you really want to try a drug that was tested exclusively on a computer simulation?

I respect vegetarians, they have the iron will. I just can't resist meat, tho I know what to they do to the animals, but in Croatia they aren't that brutal. Stuff we see on Peta's videos are mostly done by crazy Americans [no offense to anyone!].

Meat is necessary for humans, but we don't need it as much as we eat it. It's a fact. Many people eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day. That's just too much!! I think people should eat less meat, they should try to lose that habit. And of course, treat animals a lot different than they're being treated now. The conditions they're being kept, what they do to them, the transport, they way they're killed... Makes me cry. I wonder if that person would enjoy to be burnt alive and to die slowly while smelling their own burnt flesh? *argh* This always makes me angry. Animals should be treated with respect they deserve, they were here long before us and they share this poor planet with us. I hope that people will see it one day. We're supposed to be smarter and advance with time, but... We're even worse than before. It's sad.
    1) People eating it "breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day" is what you are supposed to do for good health. According to nutritionists, you need 3-5 servings a day.

2) What people do to animals isn't any worse then what animals do to each other. I can say that I've never slowly stalked a buffalo across the Savannah, only to chase it until it's too tired to escape, pull it to the ground, and snap it's neck in my mighty jaws. Or find an old (or young, or sick) animal, call all my buddies over, and slowly circle it and howl at it, only so my buddies can attack it from behind, knocking it over so we can tear chunks of meat out of his still-living body while he screams bloody murder. Three square, uneventful meals a day and a steel spike to the throat seems nice in comparison.

3) Technically speaking, we've been on the planet as long as them, if you want to ignore evolution (and apparently you do). Not that that's a good argument against eating meat, anyway.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This may seem like a real half baked thought (i am high). If no animals (including humans) ate meat, and for one reason or another all the carnivorous animals died off. We would never have to deal with any of these issues, and everybody would be happy.

As a result, we would eventually lose the primitive fight/flight mechanism which no longer serves most of us, so no living thing would ever experience any kind of fear, anger, sadness, worry, anxiety, or anything else spawned out of fear, and then we would be only left with love, and everyone would love each other and their would be nothing left but serenity, joy, and that warm fuzzy content feeling for everyone.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This may seem like a real half baked thought (i am high). If no animals (including humans) ate meat, and for one reason or another all the carnivorous animals died off. We would never have to deal with any of these issues, and everybody would be happy.

As a result, we would eventually lose the primitive fight/flight mechanism which no longer serves most of us, so no living thing would ever experience any kind of fear, anger, sadness, worry, anxiety, or anything else spawned out of fear, and then we would be only left with love, and everyone would love each other and their would be nothing left but serenity, joy, and that warm fuzzy content feeling for everyone.
    Not really. Creatures would still compete for energy. That's probably where carnivores came from in the first place- if you are going to all the trouble to kill a competitor for resources, you might as well eat him.

Not that it matters. It's a silly thought expiriment in the first place. It's unlikely that intelligence would evolve in anything but a pack predator.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Daeva's black rose poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't eat anything with eyes either. I cut off it's head and skin, and disembowel it first.

Modeling isn't at all accurate enough to replace animal testing. Would you really want to try a drug that was tested exclusively on a computer simulation?

1) People eating it "breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day" is what you are supposed to do for good health. According to nutritionists, you need 3-5 servings a day.

2) What people do to animals isn't any worse then what animals do to each other. I can say that I've never slowly stalked a buffalo across the Savannah, only to chase it until it's too tired to escape, pull it to the ground, and snap it's neck in my mighty jaws. Or find an old (or young, or sick) animal, call all my buddies over, and slowly circle it and howl at it, only so my buddies can attack it from behind, knocking it over so we can tear chunks of meat out of his still-living body while he screams bloody murder. Three square, uneventful meals a day and a steel spike to the throat seems nice in comparison.

3) Technically speaking, we've been on the planet as long as them, if you want to ignore evolution (and apparently you do). Not that that's a good argument against eating meat, anyway.
    That's true, animals are cruel to each other, but we're supposed to be "smarter", if I can even use that term, than them. And that doesn't give us the right to be cruel to them, does it?

I don't think meat is that needed, there are some things that can replace it, not completely tho. 3-5 servings is according to nutritionists, but so is drinking 2l of water a day. Do you actually drink that much? I usually don't, except now during these terrible heats, and I'm doing just fine, for what I know.

Okay, that's not the best argument, but you get my point. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should because it's not always right. I'm not against eating meat, as I said, that would be hypocritical cause I eat meat and I enjoy it. But there are other, better ways. Since we're killing them off and using them, we could at least make it as quick and painless as possible. I guess some animals are "meant" to be our food, since they're so convenient and all, but that doesn't mean we can make them suffer that much.

*pant* I haven't used so many "but"s in a long time xD

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not really. Creatures would still compete for energy. That's probably where carnivores came from in the first place- if you are going to all the trouble to kill a competitor for resources, you might as well eat him.

Not that it matters. It's a silly thought expiriment in the first place. It's unlikely that intelligence would evolve in anything but a pack predator.
    What energy? if you mean food or sunlight then their is enough of that to go around for everyone.

There could be a major producer of food and people starving in the same area simultaneously, you know why? because the company would be more interested in exporting goods like asparagus or whatever to make more money, instead of feeding the locals.

In reality their is more than enough food anywhere and you don't have to resort to killing animals or other humans to eat them, or because theirs not enough food to go around.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poison.ivy View Post
    That's true, animals are cruel to each other, but we're supposed to be "smarter", if I can even use that term, than them. And that doesn't give us the right to be cruel to them, does it?

I don't think meat is that needed, there are some things that can replace it, not completely tho. 3-5 servings is according to nutritionists, but so is drinking 2l of water a day. Do you actually drink that much? I usually don't, except now during these terrible heats, and I'm doing just fine, for what I know.

Okay, that's not the best argument, but you get my point. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should because it's not always right. I'm not against eating meat, as I said, that would be hypocritical cause I eat meat and I enjoy it. But there are other, better ways. Since we're killing them off and using them, we could at least make it as quick and painless as possible. I guess some animals are "meant" to be our food, since they're so convenient and all, but that doesn't mean we can make them suffer that much.

*pant* I haven't used so many "but"s in a long time xD
    Frankly, I'm not sure why you conceder captivity to be cruel. All a pack herbivore will do in the wild is walk around and eat. These things they are generally allowed to do in most farming schemes. They sit around in proverbial cow heaven, grow up big and strong, and then die before old age starts to set in. They are spared from most disease, accidents, and predators.

If we were eating carnivores, like a ocelot or a weasel or something, such an existence would be cruel. But it's pretty idyllic to be a cattle in a cattle ranch.

What energy? if you mean food or sunlight then their is enough of that to go around for everyone.

There could be a major producer of food and people starving in the same area simultaneously, you know why? because the company would be more interested in exporting goods like asparagus or whatever to make more money, instead of feeding the locals.

In reality their is more than enough food anywhere and you don't have to resort to killing animals or other humans to eat them, or because theirs not enough food to go around.
    I know you already admitted you were high, but I'd wish you'd have payed more attention in science class.

There is not enough energy for everything. Energy is sunlight used for photosynthesis, or chemical energy derived from dead things or in some cases, geothermal sources. But it takes time to make energy, and there is only so much ground and water that you can grow things on.

Conceder a patch of lettuce. A cow walks up to the lettuce, and starts eating. A rabbit comes up, and he starts eating too. They both are consuming the same energy source. But there's only so much lettuce to go around, and they both end up eating it. They have to move on to the next energy source. Sure, the lettuce will grow back. But there's no foxes or coyotes or man. Nothing exists to keep the animals in check. They will eat and breed, until the earth is knee deep in cattle and rabbits. And the lettuce won't be able to grow fast enough to feed the animals, and they will die off. The ecosystem is ruined.

Now, lets go back to the beginning. Let's say a cave man walks up to the lettuce patch. He chews on the lettuce, and it's good. They eat the lettuce until it's all gone. The Cattle and Rabbit start to walk off. The man is still hungry, and takes out a spear and kills them. He then eats them for energy. The animals don't breed out of control, and the lettuce has time to grow back for next year. The man is full, and the Rabbit and Cattle's cousins come next year to eat some lettuce.

You can't remove an integral part of the ecosystem and expect it to work.

As for the rest of what you are saying, corporate greed has nothing to do with this, and you are still wrong about nutrition. We need to eat animals because plants are inefficient sources for many things. Humans didn't end up omnivore's on accident. Also, Africa presents a good counter argument.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Frankly, I'm not sure why you conceder captivity to be cruel. All a pack herbivore will do in the wild is walk around and eat. These things they are generally allowed to do in most farming schemes. They sit around in proverbial cow heaven, grow up big and strong, and then die before old age starts to set in. They are spared from most disease, accidents, and predators.
    That is NOT true. I wish I was wrong. Maybe somewhere, but not everywhere are animals treated like that.

Member Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2008 08:32 AM
    Threads

Science is not so dramatic roughly. However, we accept sometimes, the only way to save ten thousand people would be to experiment on ten subnormal orphan's children. How would it look then? If the rescue of people is the explained aim, would this be then o.k.? If it is wrong to use people for such an experiment because it is wrong to sacrifice these people in favour of other people, why it should be satisfactory then to kill animals for this purpose? Nevertheless, also these have her own life and are not any more and no less "important" than this is the case with a person. I would not like to say with it, one should carry out attempts to handicapped person, but would only like to stress, one should respect the right of every animal on its own life.

poison.ivy I have a video for. Maybe you can collect enough information for all your questions and so on..
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...96533661048967
    Calamity befalls oneself. Like Icarus who fell to earth when his wings were burned by the sun.

Donīt pay too much attention to my bad english^^

Banzai!!!!!! Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 04:24 AM
    Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where even I DON'T KNOW~!XD
    Threads

Hey....vegetarians don't eat meat....at all....if they do,they are actually not really pure vegetarians.

Karsh once said that meat has no vitamins and so on. That is wrong. Protein,fats,and all sorts of other vitamins or nutritions are actually in there.For vegetarians,they eat beans to get the necessary nutrients lost from not eating meat.It's a very healthy vege to vegetarians or else they would actually be tiny and small..as in don't really grow. Soy bean milk also help them in a way,or milk...yea...milk.

Humans don't eat meat because plants do not give enough nutritions. It is actually the same but meat has more in it. it's like you only have to eat a little amount of meat to get the sufficient nutritions and so on while you'll have to eat more of the vegetables to get the same amount.

People need herbivores like cows so they capture them.It's actually not wrong and not really correct either. If they don't capture them, us human's wouldn't have milk,leather,beef..and a lot of things but they were supposed to be in the wild. They have their own way of survival but in the end, they still die.It's just a matter of time.To me,it dosen't actually have much difference...And I think it's sorta off topic?er....ok,sorry ,coz my english is not that good.
    Lol...I'm Back!
    FYI:Shana FTW!:3

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Science is not so dramatic roughly. However, we accept sometimes, the only way to save ten thousand people would be to experiment on ten subnormal orphan's children. How would it look then? If the rescue of people is the explained aim, would this be then o.k.? If it is wrong to use people for such an experiment because it is wrong to sacrifice these people in favour of other people, why it should be satisfactory then to kill animals for this purpose? Nevertheless, also these have her own life and are not any more and no less "important" than this is the case with a person. I would not like to say with it, one should carry out attempts to handicapped person, but would only like to stress, one should respect the right of every animal on its own life.

poison.ivy I have a video for. Maybe you can collect enough information for all your questions and so on..
    Your analogy is flawed, because we test on animals, not people. Animals are not people, and any ethical system that values an animal as much as a human is frankly bizarre. Any person that wouldn't sacrifice a thousand mice to save a million people has some very odd priorities.

And like I said, I have no problem with doing preliminary testing on the brain dead, although they are less then ideal subjects and getting people to sign off would be a pain.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thankies, Karsh! I'll watch it for sure, and my veggie friend says thanks too.

Anyway found some disturbing pics. Just scroll down the pages. Made me sick. They're pretty brutal, so I'm WARNING everybody that they're viewing them on their own responsibility. I wouldn't like to be blamed for some kid seeing it if he/she thinks that he/she can't handle it. Tho I think as many people as possible should see this. Not in order to turn them to veggies (tho there wouldn't be nothing wrong with that too) but to make them think twice and try to help them.

cows
    chickens
    pigs

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Extreme photos do not prove a rule, any more then the existence of Adolf Hitler proves that humanity is scum. If they did, I would counter with some pictures of severe starvation and point out that even with these cost effective-oriented methods we are unable to feed all of humanity.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know you already admitted you were high, but I'd wish you'd have payed more attention in science class.

There is not enough energy for everything. Energy is sunlight used for photosynthesis, or chemical energy derived from dead things or in some cases, geothermal sources. But it takes time to make energy, and there is only so much ground and water that you can grow things on.

Conceder a patch of lettuce. A cow walks up to the lettuce, and starts eating. A rabbit comes up, and he starts eating too. They both are consuming the same energy source. But there's only so much lettuce to go around, and they both end up eating it. They have to move on to the next energy source. Sure, the lettuce will grow back. But there's no foxes or coyotes or man. Nothing exists to keep the animals in check. They will eat and breed, until the earth is knee deep in cattle and rabbits. And the lettuce won't be able to grow fast enough to feed the animals, and they will die off. The ecosystem is ruined.

Now, lets go back to the beginning. Let's say a cave man walks up to the lettuce patch. He chews on the lettuce, and it's good. They eat the lettuce until it's all gone. The Cattle and Rabbit start to walk off. The man is still hungry, and takes out a spear and kills them. He then eats them for energy. The animals don't breed out of control, and the lettuce has time to grow back for next year. The man is full, and the Rabbit and Cattle's cousins come next year to eat some lettuce.

You can't remove an integral part of the ecosystem and expect it to work.

As for the rest of what you are saying, corporate greed has nothing to do with this, and you are still wrong about nutrition. We need to eat animals because plants are inefficient sources for many things. Humans didn't end up omnivore's on accident. Also, Africa presents a good counter argument.
    I never learned that in science class, but maybe you're right... but I still think that corporate greed is responsible for starvation.

Why do we need to eat animals? I haven't touched meat for a few years, and I'm in great health. Plants aren't the only sources for nutrition, theirs also animal byproducts like dairy, eggs, and honey right? Vegetarians can eat that.

It's nutrients include only protein/amino acids and some minerals, but that can be supplied by many vegetarian foods. All that animal fat and cholesterol is also a big health concern and has been linked with many health problems including a variety cancer (raised risk by 20-60%), while causing adverse mutations in DNA. And that's based on famous large scale studies.

Last edited by Totsean; 06-28-2008 at 11:59 AM.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Haha, you are a unique individual. The thing about vegetables is that they have no thoughts, feelings, nerves or anything, just like what that other guys said about fish. Not sure about you but I have never seen a carrot breath nor have I seen a depressed turnip. They do not live like other species and have no communication or anything, and luck would have it that they are also good for you.
    According to this, it would be okay to eat humans that are in a paralyzed, brain-dead state. And I'm sure they would taste delicious.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2009 11:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    According to this, it would be okay to eat humans that are in a paralyzed, brain-dead state. And I'm sure they would taste delicious.
    Lol, and Amray according to Princess Minako, plants have sentience, whatever that means, xD

GRRRRRR Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide has a reputation beyond repute Tide's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2008 11:03 PM
    Threads

Eh, vegans are retards. Vegitarians just want to be a part of this style. I see more and more people trying to become one. It's sad. REALLY sad. I think we should kill all vegitarians and eat them!

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    Well, if a person does not use common sense then I guess that is how one could see it. Why not just go to Fleet Street? I heard that they sell some heavenly human pies there.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Closed Thread

Thread Information