AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Carnelian wallpaper...a birth_day wallpaper!!take a look plz^^

Senior Member salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2008 01:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Carnelian wallpaper...a birth_day wallpaper!!take a look plz^^

after a while here my new wallpaper....
    this wall was actually a request from my cousin for her husband birth day(he also like anime characters and aspecialy cute girls) for his laptop and desktop PC.We gave this to him beside his actual present XD
    anyway I used some stocks and brushes and created the BG and used a mix of light and dark pink and white color for the BG and then I wrote the text (happy birth.......) that my cousin wanted me to write.
    overall took 2 days. and my cousin was sure his hus...would like this ^^.

Well...I want to know ur opinions about this wall too guys??
    ur comments are realt appreciated ^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy-Birth-Day-My-Sweet-Heart(1600x1200).jpg‎
Views:	134
Size:	567.0 KB
ID:	20862  
    Last edited by salar; 06-26-2008 at 02:14 AM.
    wanna see my wallpapers?? ^__^

http://salar.animewallpapers.com/

in order to use my geraphics(SIGs and GIFs) read that one rule in the first post of this topic,and dont worry its not st hard^^
    also rep points are welcomed

A gift from generous KARUTO_CHAN

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Its really empty. Like really really empty. Also, the text just does no seem to fit the mood you seem to be going for here. I recommend less negative space (white) and more colors. As for the font, try some sort of cursive font to give it a more 'greeting' feel.

Senior Member salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2008 01:18 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

well I realy held myself back in this wall and didnt go for my usual abstract and tried and also tried not make messy at all cost since it was actually a gift and I knew he doesnt like tooo messy walls and too colorful walls so I had too go for st simple and a simple theme of colors and not tooo much effects...u see I wasnt free to do as I wished unfortunately..but lets see maby a lil bit change would be fine
    wanna see my wallpapers?? ^__^

http://salar.animewallpapers.com/

in order to use my geraphics(SIGs and GIFs) read that one rule in the first post of this topic,and dont worry its not st hard^^
    also rep points are welcomed

A gift from generous KARUTO_CHAN

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The colours are fine in my opinion. Maybe you could have blended it a little more by erasing the edges of the extract. But I don't understand what you've done with th stars in front of her. It looks all curtain-ish. It's pretty unique, but, again, you should have erased the edges to make it a bit more believable and also shinier. Then again, if you would've done that, the star things wouldn't have been very noticeable.

And Serated is right about the text work. But I like that brush you used on the top right side after the text. I mean the arrow like thing. It's lovely.

The extract needs some doing up. Try duplicating that layer and gaussian blurring it. Then set that blend mode to overlay/hard light.If it becomes too bright, just lower the opacity a little. Don't blur too much. Just keeping the amount to about 0.8 or something should be enough.
    Also, you could use some gradient maps. Use a brown-cream map to perk up the colours.

But otherwise, this wall is beautiful ^^
    Impressive job. I think this is the first time I seen you change your wall-making style.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Alright, here goes.

The wallpaper is fine.

It's not great, it's fine.

It lacks that little extra special to make me go "Oooh, now that's neat".

Personally, I feel that the star beams are a little bit overkill on the opacity. As from what I can see, it's just two cartboard plates tossing a shadow. Instead, try very carefully to add a somewhat starry/sparkly theme around the beams of which the main star comes from.
    Try changing the stars to the type that is on her present behind her back.
    The bottom half of the wallpaper is good, really. It's not empty, it's not too simple, it's not too filled with useless crap that people like to add.
    It's very pleasant to put my eyes on. Perhaps a slight too bright, but my eyes are very sensitive to bright light, so that might be why.

The top half, on the other side, is, as already stated, very empty. It feels lonely. Compared to the bottom, the bottom feels very heavy, as if everything just fell down on the floor. Imagine a house without pictures or paintings on the wall - boring. I suggest bringing what you did on the bottom, to the top as well. Don't overkill it as such a wallpaper has a need to feel simple.

As for the text, the font is not a good one. It's okay, but it's not outstanding. You can go onto dafont to find yourself new fonts. And, I believe it is "sweetheart". No space.

I love how the ribbon on her head stands out on the wallpaper. That's good. It's very good. Keep it like that! xO

Hope this will be of some help.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The top really does seem to be empty..
    And dafont is an awesome font site
    Maybe try the font '
    Renaissance' or something
    not too curvy or straight just like...
    And pink ftw even though I hate...
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by salar View Post
    well I realy held myself back in this wall and didnt go for my usual abstract and tried and also tried not make messy at all cost since it was actually a gift and I knew he doesnt like tooo messy walls and too colorful walls so I had too go for st simple and a simple theme of colors and not tooo much effects...u see I wasnt free to do as I wished unfortunately..but lets see maby a lil bit change would be fine

If you want to collaborate with me, or if you want some good resources I am almost always available if you need or want help.

Junior Member milohuang is on a distinguished road milohuang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2011 10:46 AM
    Threads

The background you made is great. I mean it pretty fits the girl.

BTW: Carnelian is one of my favorite illustrators!
    ------------------------
    TheAkiba : Your Portal to Japan
    ------------------------

Closed Thread

Thread Information