AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Mello is better than L.

  1. #1
    Junior Member alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop's Avatar
    Gil
    400.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2008 07:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Mello is better than L.

    My brother went to an anime convention and there were so many cosplayers dressed as L that they outnumbered everyone else like 3 to 1.

    I know a bunch of fangirls are probably going to hunt me down and kill me for this (so I better find a place to hide) but L just isn't that inspiring of a character for me. I prefer Mello. He has alot more personality.

  2. #2
    boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    20,636.11
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    25
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    1610

    Default

    anti-villains (L, Scar,...) and anti-heroes (don't get me started on this) are usually better written than heroes and villains, simply because they are not as simple as "good guys & bad guys". that's what makes mello so special; he is the best written villain in the series.
    what people usually fail to see is that mello actually took least time to figure out that light is in fact kira, but he failed to capture him because he once again got "too emotional", which could lead many viewers to think that his intelligence was inferior to near's. however, even if they miss this, there's a chocolate in his hand which is a proof of his intelligence (since it was already mentioned that L eats so much because his brain uses up all the calories).
    i admit, L is what got me hooked to the series, but mello is so brilliant that i really don't know which one i like better. i always thought of near as L's mini-me, but mello is much more than that.


  3. #3
    Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    2,858.77
    Gender
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The land of Hollows and Soul Reapers
    Age
    25
    Threads
    50
    Posts
    2,293
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    390

    Default

    Yes it didn't take him that long the figure out that Light is Kira but L lasted long then Mello. So in a way I see L as better.

    Mello takes chances himself and thats good. However L didn't take all to many. He had Kira in his hands and let it slip away. God that makes me mad.

    Light is now a villain in my book.

  4. #4
    ♥零 law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~'s Avatar
    Gil
    816.03
    Gender
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Gifts Aria Neko Cookie Double Bento
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2011 06:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas..
    Threads
    7
    Posts
    712
    Blog Entries
    67
    AW Wallpapers
    7
    Rep Power
    1952

    Default



    I love L's personality and his weirdness... but yes, he is kindda simple

    Mello has a great costume XD i really love his clothes XD



  5. #5
    The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    8,083.29
    Gender
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rural Minnesota
    Age
    20
    Threads
    14
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    2532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lawlietth View Post
    Mello has a great costume XD i really love his clothes XD
    You don't like L's clothes? I think baggy clothes are HAWT. xD

    I like L better, personally. He doesn't scare me as much as Mello.
    [Yes. I am an L fangirl. xD]


    Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

  6. #6
    ♥零 law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~'s Avatar
    Gil
    816.03
    Gender
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Gifts Aria Neko Cookie Double Bento
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2011 06:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas..
    Threads
    7
    Posts
    712
    Blog Entries
    67
    AW Wallpapers
    7
    Rep Power
    1952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
    You don't like L's clothes? I think baggy clothes are HAWT. xD
    well, that's wird but L's clothes certainly gives him somethig speciall to his character
    (L fan too)



  7. #7
    The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    8,083.29
    Gender
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rural Minnesota
    Age
    20
    Threads
    14
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    2532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lawlietth View Post
    well, that's wird but L's clothes certainly gives him somethig speciall to his character
    (L fan too)
    Yes. Yes they do. And Mello's do, also. But at first sight it seems like he's a metal head. lol.
    Sorry. Offtopic.

    Anyway

    I also kinda like L's habit of eating sweets more than Mello's habit of eating chocolate. Seeing him eat all of that chocolate makes me feel a bit nauseous. I couldn't handle all of that chocolate. But eating different types of sweets, I could do.


    Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

  8. #8
    Junior Member kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed has a reputation beyond repute kataangkissed's Avatar
    Gil
    360.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2008 12:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This I must admit Mello has so much more past and more personality witch sadly we never got with L. I think in that factor Mello must beat everyone. But I still like L more. I would like to see a really good consplay of Mello with his scar and everything rather then 101 L consplays. >.>;;;
    Crazy fan of Avatar The Last Air Bender <3

  9. #9
    Mrs. Matsumoto
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333's Avatar
    Gil
    16,006.24
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2011 09:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sapporo, Hakkaido, JP
    Age
    23
    Threads
    14
    Posts
    802
    AL Lyrics
    5
    Rep Power
    1569
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lttlpplkilppl

    Default

    I don't think Mello is better than L.
    But in
     
    the end Near says that Mello helped by writing Takada's name in the Death Note.

    Something along those lines. This makes it seem like Mello is better but after all he wasn't careful enough to
     
    prevent Yagami-san from seeing his face to know his name.
    He didn't think about that.

    Let me quote Near...
     
    Together we can surpass L...
    I got a forum for random people. PM if you wanna check it out.

  10. #10
    Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    2,858.77
    Gender
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The land of Hollows and Soul Reapers
    Age
    25
    Threads
    50
    Posts
    2,293
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    390

    Default

    As the person above me just stated from Near. TOGETHER. L only needed more time. He had Light caught with the 13 day rule. It is my belief that L planned to use the 13 day rule from the very beginning. To try it on a dummy. Not Light's father. So if he had made it he would have had Light for sure. GO L.

    I still don't understand why his father couldn't make the connection. He couldn't see Light's death date right. However that would go for all of them because they all touched it.

    However this is a spoiler.

    I think that Light is cutting his own life short in the end. I know what happens but still I want to know the very moment that his life span numbers changed. As the death note states. One can shorten their own life span. In that way Light should die. I hope he does.

    Also this is not a spoiler but what do you think happened when Ryuk looked at Ray Penburs wife and started laughing. Was it because he life span numbers changed the moment she truely gave Light her FULL trust.

  11. #11
    Thats life. Awesome? Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume has a reputation beyond repute Shin Natsume's Avatar
    Gil
    7,744.42
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2012 06:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    25
    Threads
    31
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    235
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 4768-7102-5291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alliop View Post
    My brother went to an anime convention and there were so many cosplayers dressed as L that they outnumbered everyone else like 3 to 1.

    I know a bunch of fangirls are probably going to hunt me down and kill me for this (so I better find a place to hide) but L just isn't that inspiring of a character for me. I prefer Mello. He has alot more personality.

    I beg to differ and I am not a female. L played a huge role in the entire anime, more than half the entire series to be exact. Its even said in the anime by N that neither him nor Mello compare to L as individuals, however as a collective they are just as witty. I enjoyed L's role in the anime. Through clever tactics, he was able to narrow things down. He had a cool personality which I'd say was cautious yet laid back despite having no friends and being deceited by Light. The way he always likes eating sweets if funny. I'd say hes a well balanced character in the series and influenced it greatly.

  12. #12
    Junior Member alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop has a reputation beyond repute alliop's Avatar
    Gil
    400.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2008 07:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    anti-villains (L, Scar,...) and anti-heroes (don't get me started on this) are usually better written than heroes and villains, simply because they are not as simple as "good guys & bad guys". that's what makes mello so special; he is the best written villain in the series.
    what people usually fail to see is that mello actually took least time to figure out that light is in fact kira, but he failed to capture him because he once again got "too emotional", which could lead many viewers to think that his intelligence was inferior to near's. however, even if they miss this, there's a chocolate in his hand which is a proof of his intelligence (since it was already mentioned that L eats so much because his brain uses up all the calories).
    i admit, L is what got me hooked to the series, but mello is so brilliant that i really don't know which one i like better. i always thought of near as L's mini-me, but mello is much more than that.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    65.76
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Teal Ribbon Pink Ribbon Book
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2014 07:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A colony, once upon a time
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    642
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    It seems easier to relate to Mello since he wears his emotions on his sleeve, but I prefer L. In the beginning, no one knew if Kira even existed or if the deaths were indeed murders, though many suspected it. Also, Kira could have been anywhere in the world as far as Interpol knew.

    In one fell swoop, L proved that Kira did exist, that the deaths were murders, that Kira couldn't kill without a name and a face, and that he was in Japan, all in the closing moments of the second episode. That greatly narrowed down the Kira investigation, and it was entirely L's doing. Even though Mello is easier to relate to (he appears more human), I hold L in much higher esteem.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    5,051.85
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central Coast, California.
    Age
    21
    Threads
    185
    Posts
    5,807
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    7310

    Default

    Mello hardly came out.All he did was kidnap and eat chocolate.Okay I do that to but still.

  15. #15
    that's what you get Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika's Avatar
    Gil
    1,060.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2008 03:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    i live in the passage of time
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Well every person likely defers when it comes to taste and opinions. But Death Note was already finished almost 2years ago(?) Near in behalf of Mello admitted that L is better than anyone of them and if they were to work as one they could possible surpass L. Besides Mello played a small role in the series and I dont like him that much especially with his homegrown hairdo; I believe his bad-*** attitude and the scar he got merely created his own stand from others.








    -----
    *peace

  16. #16
    The Nine Tailed Ninja Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    136,392.20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 08:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Why do you want to know, huh? You plan on stalking me or something? >.>
    Age
    21
    Threads
    18
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Ichigo View Post
    As the person above me just stated from Near. TOGETHER. L only needed more time. He had Light caught with the 13 day rule. It is my belief that L planned to use the 13 day rule from the very beginning. To try it on a dummy. Not Light's father. So if he had made it he would have had Light for sure. GO L.

    I still don't understand why his father couldn't make the connection. He couldn't see Light's death date right. However that would go for all of them because they all touched it.

    However this is a spoiler.

    I think that Light is cutting his own life short in the end. I know what happens but still I want to know the very moment that his life span numbers changed. As the death note states. One can shorten their own life span. In that way Light should die. I hope he does.

    Also this is not a spoiler but what do you think happened when Ryuk looked at Ray Penburs wife and started laughing. Was it because he life span numbers changed the moment she truely gave Light her FULL trust.
    His dad could see his lifespan, which is why he "knew" his son wasn't Kira. Remember, you can only see the lifespan of people who aren't in possession of a Death Note, and since Light had recently given up ownership of it to fool his dying dad(BTW, I hate Light with a passion. ), he could see his lifespan and thus, confirmed it to himself that his son wasn't Kira.

    Anyway, L was always my favorite character in Death Note, and although Near claims that together he and Mello can surpass L, it's probably my own ignorance, but for some reason I don't think that's entirely true. The main reason that L died was because he showed his face to Light early on in the series. If he hadn't made that sacrifice, not only would have he been able to gain more info on Light, but Near would have never acquired the information that he needed to work with Mello and bring the case to a close.

    I still feel that if L had never shown his face to Light, what, maybe sent in a fake like Light had suspected, L would have surely taken down Light before Near and Mello had the chance. But hell, who knows?

  17. #17
    Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    65.76
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Teal Ribbon Pink Ribbon Book
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2014 07:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A colony, once upon a time
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    642
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi Naruto View Post
    The main reason that L died was because he showed his face to Light early on in the series. If he hadn't made that sacrifice, not only would have he been able to gain more info on Light, but Near would have never acquired the information that he needed to work with Mello and bring the case to a close.
    You got it. L's risky move to get close to Light led him to make Light the "prime suspect" in the Kira Investigation, right before Light was incarcerated along with Misa. However, I do believe Near and Mello surpassed L, but this doesn't take away anything from L. Near called L his "mentor," and his name (River) implies a flowing down of brilliance from that mentor. I don't think a proxy would've been good enough to get the job done for L. L's actions proved the first Kira task force wrong when they accused L of just sitting still, not showing his face to Kira, and being safe from harm.

    I believe the order of brilliance would break down like this: 1)L. 2)Near. 3)Light. 4)Mello. Two and three are really close, however. I do apologize, Mello fans.

  18. #18
    boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    20,636.11
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    25
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    1610

    Default

    do i have to remind you that this topic is about mello being a better character, not about him being smarter. and before you say that light is smarter than mello, consider this: he started off with much more knowledge than L and his successors and he wasn't the one who had to see through someone's plans (which is the most difficult part of any detective's job). and, as i said and explained above, mello's reasoning abilities are comparable to near's, so your order of brilliance is very, very wrong.. but don't feel bad, at least you got the first one right


  19. #19
    Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    3,945.11
    Gender
    Gifts Medkit Xmas Tree Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scranton, Pennsylvania.
    Age
    19
    Threads
    20
    Posts
    2,100
    Blog Entries
    427
    Rep Power
    6327

    Default

    Uh, no offense, but the entire series got boring after L was killed off, and those two retarded kids came in to replace him. I didn't even bother watching most of it because I could just wiki it and be more entertained.

    L was much more useful to the series than the both of them were put together. If they had killed L later in the series, it might have ACTUALLY been good.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

    And the grand prize was not dying!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    65.76
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Teal Ribbon Pink Ribbon Book
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2014 07:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A colony, once upon a time
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    642
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alliop View Post
    I prefer Mello. He has alot more personality.
    Intelligence is a huge part of someone's personality, and that has a lot to do with this topic. (After all, wouldn't Mello just be an over-emotional character without his intelligence?) You are right, I had a hard time placing Light before Mello, but Light's plans did come full circle pretty often. Also, he got a perfect score, along with L, on his college entry exam (though it could be argued that Mello, given the chance, could've done the same thing). So, on that point, I give it to you and concede.

    Seeing an emotional Mello wasn't as exciting as seeing a cool, calm, and collected L and Near take Light to task, but, as I said in an earlier post, Mello is the easiest to identify with because of this.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    5,051.85
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central Coast, California.
    Age
    21
    Threads
    185
    Posts
    5,807
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    7310

    Default

    People just cosplay as L because he's easy to do.A thermo and some tight pants.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    65.76
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Teal Ribbon Pink Ribbon Book
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2014 07:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A colony, once upon a time
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    642
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoDKurosaki View Post
    People just cosplay as L because he's easy to do.A thermo and some tight pants.
    Yeah, and the fact that you probably won't have to style your hair too much after waking up. L's a pretty comfortable character, now that I think about it.

  23. #23
    boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    20,636.11
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    25
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    1610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    Uh, no offense, but the entire series got boring after L was killed off, and those two retarded kids came in to replace him. I didn't even bother watching most of it because I could just wiki it and be more entertained.
    i disagree. they found the right moment to kill L, just as he started getting boring and predictable. the real reason why some fans stopped watching after this is not mello and near, but the fact that the next two episodes are the most boring episodes in the series. they really should have merged them or something.


  24. #24
    Pink Baka Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90's Avatar
    Gil
    2,380.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2009 01:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The FUTURE!!
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Simply put it,
    L was an eccentric yet awesome guy.
    Mello and Near, make me bored and cry.
    --------------------------------------------
    http://t999.proboards57.com/index.cgi
    (I have my own crappy forum too!)

    You've Been Hit By You've Been Struck By
    A Smooth Android!



  25. #25
    Junior Member *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi* has a reputation beyond repute *arashi*'s Avatar
    Gil
    360.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2008 02:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I suggest to read this if you are interested wht says the creater about Mello...-->http://http://deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Mello



    I agree that Mello is in some way better than L and much much much better than Near... L, Light and Near are just tipical prodigy childs and in some way could guess wht way of life they would choose...
    for example, if L would live Light's lifestyle (before deathnote), go to normal school, live in house with parents etc. and just have a boring life and then one day he gets deathnote... i'm 50% sure that he would use the note and it's not important for wht reasons... and it would be very possible than Light would be L because Light thought of being a detective until the day deathnote came... and something similar goes for Near [?!]... but Mello is different.. You have no idea wht will Mello think next and wht he will do... in my opion he is so different from them.... and that puts him in a different league.
    I hope it wasn't too boring and that you got wht i'm saying... oh and sorry for grammer mistakes, it's just not my thing
    Last edited by *arashi*; 08-11-2008 at 06:07 PM.
    We must never shed tears.
    That is the life form's defeat
    and if we give in to the emotions
    then it only becomes proof
    of our inability to control it.
    ***
    I laugh in the face of danger. Then run and hide until it goes away

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Mello, many good peoples! -^^- *Bowbow*
    By •Mana-chan• in forum Introductions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 01:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts