AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A question about the Inuyasha manga;

Junior Member samichan has a little shameless behaviour in the past samichan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2010 02:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default A question about the Inuyasha manga;

Well I know they are going to finish the anime and all but everyone tells me that the anime will be rushed and well yucky.
    So I was wondering, should I just read vols 37-56 even though I didnt read the first 36 vols but watched seasons 1-7?

btw i know some people said that the anime skips a lot of info too but since I never read the manga, I wouldnt know. So my main question is, will it be okay to just jump right into it? or read vol 36 before reading vol 37?
    Last edited by samichan; 10-12-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2014 05:36 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Truth be told-probably not...In a way the manga and the anime aren't really the same story. They are-at a few points here and there, but mostly the first 167 eps were wrought full of fillers-which was why the series seemed to draaaag and one of the main reasons people hated it so much.

You'd be probably better off just reading the whole manga.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Senior Member chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Cancer Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2011 06:33 AM
    Threads

Id have to agree with Kagome-san... the manga might be longer than the actual series, and may seem to drag slightly if you feel that you should just start reading from where the anime left off, but in my opinion the manga is a more complete story if that makes any sense (yes, i realise its because its the manga therefore its not left to some producers interpretation, but there are some good animes out there!)

So reading it from the beginning would probably be the better alternative- i feel The Final Act has been slaughtered as an idea because theyre going through the plot WA~AY too quickly, so if you said that the first series missed out a lot, god help this one!

Member zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2009 12:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    Truth be told-probably not...In a way the manga and the anime aren't really the same story. They are-at a few points here and there, but mostly the first 167 eps were wrought full of fillers-which was why the series seemed to draaaag and one of the main reasons people hated it so much.

You'd be probably better off just reading the whole manga.
    i would have to agree, you should read all the manga to get the full
    value of it. i mean you don't have to, but you should.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2014 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would disagree. Unless you have a lot of time on you hands, you should just read where the anime left off, because I did this and there was really nothing that the anime missed out on that compelled me to read the previous parts.
    It's fine to jump right into it. That means chapter 357.

Captain No Pants Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2014 10:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If all you want to do is see what happens, then yes, it is possible to just start at book 38. If you want to see how it was originally written, and how it is without the anime's fillers, then read the manga (this is what I did).

Although, aren't they going to continue the anime eventually? If so, yea. I'll be trying to learn Japanese in case they decide not to translate it. Even though I like the manga more, I'll feel like I'm missing something if I don't see the anime. >.<

Senior Member chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Cancer Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2011 06:33 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *Tsuki* View Post
    Although, aren't they going to continue the anime eventually? If so, yea. I'll be trying to learn Japanese in case they decide not to translate it. Even though I like the manga more, I'll feel like I'm missing something if I don't see the anime. >.<
    If you mean InuYasha the Final Act theyre about 6 episodes into the series- it takes off from where the anime ended and it going to show the remaining 20 odd volumes of the manga left in about 26 episodes ^^ Its released in America every Saturday evening i think

Closed Thread

Thread Information