AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Some Pictures of my English Home-Town

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Some Pictures of my English Home-Town

These are personally taken photo's of my Home-town by Me! They are not taken too well as I am no expert at photography. ^^;
    I first posted the originally taken picture and then a modified one that I edited just to make them look more interesting and less plain. But it was not the photography I was focusing on mainly, it was the sake of showing you the historic town itself. ^-^

This is my first time posting here too. Also I made the graphics on the picture low so it should take no time to load the page.

Anyway, my home town is called "Letchworth Garden City". The first Garden City in the whole of England, and Europe for that matter. ^_^ Quite a well-known place and basically smack-bang in the middle between London and the south coast of Cornwall. It is a two hour drive between each. This is the town that I grew up in anyway, and I have daily walks through it and decided to take some pictures one time.

These were the result;

This is the Town Center park called "Kennedy Gardens". Lots of events are held here and it is a lovely place to just go to, to bathe in the Sun, read a book, or just mingle. The actors from Harry Potter who play as Dumbledore and Professor Mgonigal (spelling?) made an appearance here once when a popular fair was being held. Unfortunetly I was not in town that day. T'was a shame to say the least.

Haha, here is my modified version. Now, because it is England I wanted to make one image live up to the reputation of the "Home of the Gothic Culture", so I made the sky red. It has a kind of "Hellsing" or "Dracula" effect. The fountain looks like it is pouring Blood too. I thought it would look interesting anyway.

I took this one in the previous Spring on May. It is just a path I walk up, but it looked king of nice at the time s I thought that I would take a picture. Believe it or not, that giant castle thing in the background to the right hand side is a School! An ALL GIRLS SCHOOL! That gigantic thing is just for girls, and believe me, from this position you cannot even see half of it. It is titanic and covers such a wide space of land. In fact when I took that I was standing parallel to their school field. It is cool though, because when you walk past it all of these hot girls in mini-skirts lean outside of the windows and scream and wave at you. XD I would have taken a closer picture but I would probably be arrested for taking pictures of girls and stuff.

Modified version. I thought it looked nice in dark blue, so I saved it. ^^ It reminded me of Blueberry's so I thought it turned out okay by my standards. Seemed quite nice and interesting to look at.

That, my fellow users, is the first roundabout EVER MADE!! XD Built in 1909! Thats what the sign reads although you cannot really tell unless you have good eyes.
    England is well known for it's creation of the first ever roundabout all over the world, and THAT is the first one! In my town. I have even had the pleasure of walking on it! Haha. It's no Big Ben I know but thats as good as it gets for me until I revisit London and take more pictures of more famous attractions.

Another famous Letchworth landmark. "The Cloister Chapel". There are all sorts of rumours about this place. Apparently it is haunted by the ghost of a priest. I did see a priest and when I told me friends they all screamed and thought that I was trying to scare them. Little do they know that I really did and he was just an actual real man! XD (I hope anyway). I think another rumour was that a girl hanged herself in the top steeple, which you can see, and that is why it is closed off. Probably not true though. Many Japanese, and Chinese tourists visit this every year and take pictures and stuff, I just simply walk passed it everyday to College or School and think nothing of it. Although it does look nice.

Anyway that is all for now. Their was just one more that I had to post after 5th one so I thought I would do it anyhow. Sorry if I shouldn't have but they are all the ones that I have. Not sure if anyone is interested but I thought that I would share my town mixed with my art. And no need in telling me how bad the quality is, because I already know. XD

Anway, thanks for looking, and sorry I write so much. ^_^
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

wow, never knew a roundabout could be so exciting. nice pics Amray!

Member lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2008 05:32 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2249-1685-2229-6930

They look like paintings.

Did you like use all zoom effect, with a little motion blur, or what?

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow, nice pics ^^ The first and fourth pics looks like the south and downtown part of my town 0.0 Keep up the good work It wouldv'e been nice to grow up there, and not where I did =0

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Member devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster has a brilliant future devilsmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2008 01:44 PM
    Threads

Really nice pics, i wish i would be there.U done a good job.Just keep up.
    Please visit my blog on
    PSP Game Downloads

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Arigatou~ for the comments. ^_^

Yes, they are a tad blurred with saturation and stuff for the brightened colours. Yes, they do look a bit like Artwork. ^^;

Thanks again people.

Member Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh has a reputation beyond repute Karsh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2008 08:32 AM
    Threads

They are really good^^ I like them. Do you often take pictures?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmmm, not really. Although there are still some local areas that I have not taken pictures of, such as medievil churches that are still in use and still standing as tall as ever.

And I do have another gallery of photo's of an abandoned and well-known haunted church where my Mum and her Boyfriend took me out of curiosity. But they are on my Mum's PC, so I shall ask her to send me them. Plus I promised some users on this site that I would post them. I will most likely post them in a new thread though. They were awesome.

Closed Thread

Thread Information