AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Toonami and AS

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Toonami and AS

Am I the only one still waiting for them to make a comeback?
    I really am having my fingers crossed for Toonami to add HunterxHunter and SGT.Frog to their lineup.Blame me I'm an optomist.AS isn't horrible,but adding Gintama or Reborn! wouldn't hurt.Gintama and Reborn! are to be licensed I hear .Rumor?I don't know.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Adult Swim isn't going to make a comeback if they keep adding retarded shows that are Tim and Eric spin-offs, which Tim and Eric isn't funny in the first place.

Toonami hasn't totally destroyed itself like Adult Swim has, but most of the shows on Toonami are bleh. They probably can make a comeback, and a lot sooner than Adult Swim.

I haven't seen any new rumors about the line-ups for either, but hopefully they don't add anymore shows like Fat Guy Stuck in the Internet, Tim and Eric, or Ben 10 for Toonami.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    Adult Swim isn't going to make a comeback if they keep adding retarded shows that are Tim and Eric spin-offs, which Tim and Eric isn't funny in the first place.

Toonami hasn't totally destroyed itself like Adult Swim has, but most of the shows on Toonami are bleh. They probably can make a comeback, and a lot sooner than Adult Swim.

I haven't seen any new rumors about the line-ups for either, but hopefully they don't add anymore shows like Fat Guy Stuck in the Internet, Tim and Eric, or Ben 10 for Toonami.

Ben 10 is on 10 times a day.It doesn't need more time slots to show it's ugly anime shading face.Toonami has a chance and I got a whole group to send the feedback.I need more for an actual chance.

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 10:15 PM
    Threads

Just a heads-up, the Gintama anime has not been licensed, and no mention of it has been made by a company, so we're still playing the waiting game (impatiently, I might add. Gintama's hilarious, please license it!). And Hunter x Hunter, while awesome, is over 8 years old, so AS might be hesitant to show an anime with older animation.

Possible future anime on TV:

-D. Gray-man is licensed by Funimation, a TV deal may be made (probably on CN)
    -Viz is trying to get the rights to Monster, this would work well on AS as the latest "Death Note"-type of show
    -Attention CN, bring back One Piece NOW.
    -When Soul Eater gets licensed, AS will probably try to get it.

Of course, Sci-Fi's got TTGL. Come on, who in their right mind would want to miss that?
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    Threads

Cartoon Network just needs to grow a pair and give the middle finger to 4kids dubbing, and other certain dubbing agencies.

As far as I'm concerned Bleach, Code Geass, and Death Note should all be on Toonami and Adult Swim should air stuff like Speed Grapher, Elfen Lied, some more
    Ecchi stuff, maybe Strike witches if it's dubbed.

EDIT: Doom, I'd think Soul Eater would go to Toonami, but we can only hope it goes to AS, so the dubbing isn't awful.
    Last edited by _Freddie_; 08-01-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Cartoon Network just needs to grow a pair and give the middle finger to 4kids dubbing, and other certain dubbing agencies.

As far as I'm concerned Bleach, Code Geass, and Death Note should all be on Toonami and Adult Swim should air stuff like Speed Grapher, Elfen Lied, some more Ecchi stuff, maybe Strike witches if it's dubbed.

EDIT: Doom, I'd think Soul Eater would go to Toonami, but we can only hope it goes to AS, so the dubbing isn't awful.
    Soul Eater has alot of breast refrences so it wouldn't make it out alive.Yen+Anthology picked up the manga.AS doesn't have the pair to air anything above TV MA.Even if they block out dirty scenes that aren't important.

I made a possibly incorrect chart.

Manga Ent.=Sci-Fi
    FUNImation=IFC
    Viz=Toonami+AS
    I think it has something to do with taking One Piece and DBZ off witou an announcement.Star Wars is gonna fail.I'm just saying.

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 10:15 PM
    Threads

I think the large level of fanservice in SE would make it preferable to AS.

Also, Bleach on Toonami? They'd have to do a LOT of blood edits, especially since Renji loses galloons of blood in practically every fight he's in. One has to wonder how much his medical insurance is costing nowadays.....
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As far as I'm concerned Bleach, Code Geass, and Death Note should all be on Toonami and Adult Swim should air stuff like Speed Grapher, Elfen Lied, some more Ecchi stuff, maybe Strike witches if it's dubbed.

Elfen Lied probably wouldn't even make it for AS, it's so stupid. I mean.... violent. And... all the nudity. And the stupidity. Omg, that show just sucks. Anyway, taking all the shows on Adult Swim to Toonami... that'd just cut all the good stuff out, that's why it's on Adult Swim, so they don't have to censor as much. Duh.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    Threads

I'm saying they shouldn't cut out that stuff, censorship is so pointless.

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 05:18 AM
    hmm....i forgot....let me get back to you on that.
    Threads

geeh.....Toonami in the Philippines suxors like hell! D8 <-- One reason why I barely watch tv anymore.

They show things like Battle Bda-mon, animes that were dubbed sooooooo badly your ears will bleed rivers. Their line-up here is soo different from America..;3; When I first moved here, I told my mom to get the tv fixed up ASAP, so I can watch something from CN. But when it did get fixed (on Saturday, my favorite day to watch), my tv watching days on CN were shattered into 1million pieces. T^T; They DON'T SHOW THE SAME SHOWS ON TOONAMI AND AS!!!!

I was like, "WTF!!? Where's my GITS??? And my Samurai Champloo!???" -sobs-

And thus, I only watch either, anime dvds I buy online, or DL it online. D:
    Though, this opened me up to other great animes, that have yet to be licensed, and I don't want most of them to be too.

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i have 1 but idk it

As far as I'm concerned Bleach, Code Geass, and Death Note should all be on Toonami and Adult Swim should air stuff like Speed Grapher, Elfen Lied, some more
    Ecchi stuff, maybe Strike witches if it's dubbed.

Actually AS tried 2 get elfen lied cuz the dude in charge liked it, but the censor people said that the show would have 2 be "torn to shreds" maybe IFC will get it. they show everything uncut

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Personally, I really do not have my hopes up (and I would like to, believe me). Despite what you may think, neither Toonami nor Adult Swim get the bulk of their ratings from anime. In fact, Adult Swim has actually scaled back on the anime that they show on T.V. Cartoon Network has their own shows that they use for most of Toonami and Adult Swim doesn't make nearly as many ratings with anime as they do with their comedy shows. Usually comedy shows can pull in nearly twice as many ratings as an anime. Even shows like Tim and Eric Awesome Show get more ratings than the most popular anime.

The ratings are usually low because:
    1. Anime is on so late. If they want to show anime uncut, they have to show it late at night which some people can't or won't do.
    2. There are other places to watch anime. Because anime comes on late (or if it doesn't, its edited), people usually resort to downloading it on the Internet.

This has caught the attention of other networks, which is why, despite anime's popularity, you do not see anime on every other cartoon channel (actually, its a good decision to NOT show anime at all). Not enough people watch it on television. Networks make money from ratings. If nobody watches anime on T.V, why keep showing it? Toonami used to have Prince of Tennis and One Piece, but people did not watch it, so they put both of them on hiatus. Even when One Piece was "rescued" by FUNimation, the ratings barely impreoved. Adult Swim does not show nearly as much anime as they did a couple of years ago for this same reason. There used to be anime on everyday except Sunday, from midnight until whenever Adult Swim ended. Now, anime only comes on on Saturday and VERY late on weekdays and usually only one episode (InuYasha reruns and not even in order sometimes). Even the most popular anime that Adult Swim shows, like Bleach or Death Note, do not recieve as many ratings as you may think.

As far as censorship, Cartoon Network has no choice in what is edited and what is not. The anime companies have that control. If someone said, "We want One Piece!", Cartoon Network has to find out which anime company has the license to that series (they can't show what nobody has). Once they find out, they have to get a contract from them to show the anime on T.V. They can't say "we also want it unedited" because they have no say in the matter. Cartoon Network may want One Piece to be unedited, but as long as 4Kids has (or had) the rights to it and did not make an unedited version that they would want (or could) show on T.V, they could not do anything about it. Plus, Cartoon Network still has to follow federal standards and practices, edited anime or not. If they go against these, they may lose their network.

Also, once the contract for an anime is over, its OVER. For example, Adult Swim's rights to Samurai Champloo expire in the fall and once that happens, they cannot show the anime ever again, even if they really wanted to.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information