AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices, wicked or no?

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    What your describing makes no sense from a market economy standpoint. It is generally impossible for multiple competing corporations to agree on selling something at higher prices, when any one of them at any time can go rogue and lower their prices and get much more of the market share (and by extension, more profit.) There is simply too much risk involved.
    Actually it is possible. The term used by economists regarding multiple companies working together is Oligopoly. If you don't believe me, check wikipedia. That is the reason no one is cheaper or more expensive because they hold meetings (usually in secret) to discuss how to do things. We studied it in our school.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaSOCOM View Post
    Believe me, as gas prices go up so do potential rewards for tapping those sources of oil that are not as easy to reach. As it stands right now, oil companies could be doing their jobs and getting us that oil not so easily reached, but that would cost money, increase jobs, and make people happy. Not to mention it would take money out of the wallets of the top staffers in those corporations. But make no mistake, they are being blinded by their own greed. It will be nowhere near a loss, trust me. And as far as "extremely fragile ecosystems" go, the governor of Alaska said so herself that drilling in ANWR would hurt nothing. Oil pumping operations are actually pretty clean, nowadays. It fosters efficiency, as opposed to just dumping potentially thousands of dollars worth of crude oil into the land.
    You have it all wrong. The reason they haven't tapped those wells is because they can't make a profit. You have to invest money to drill a difficult well, and if you want to turn a profit you have to sell it for more. As supply dwindles, and the price per barrel rises it will become profitable to pump them out, so long as the oil pumped out is worth more then the work put in. Pumping a well that would, say, cost $130 per barrel, and then selling it for market value (as of today: 122.30 per barrel) wouldn't be economically feasible. No corporation would do that, and if the government covered the loss it would just be shifting the loss from the consumers to the government. But when oil is $135 per barrel, you'd be making 5 dollars per barrel, and it might be feasible.

But look at it from this standpoint: We've got bigger, more powerful cars that are making THE SAME gas mileage as cars ten years ago. As a current DIY mechanic with a future of being an engineer, I have yet to see a reason to not be able to make bigger, more powerful vehicles that also get better gas mileage. The modern 4-stroke Internal Combustion reciprocating engine isn't very efficient as far as thermodynamics go, but it could be made to be much more efficient for not much more cost. Most of the way any modern engine operates is governed by computers anyway, it's just that the tuning sucks on them because mass production of parts isn't held to the standards they should be.
    This still doesn't explain why it is the corporations fault. The majority of consumers didn't demand higher efficiency, and the Corporations had no reason to dump money into a project that no one wanted. Corporations have themselves to look after first and foremost. Getting mad at a corporation for not caring for the common good is like hitting a dog for barking at the mail man.

Case in point: I know a guy who's been wrenching for years and is also an electronic engineer and has a 1992 Chevy suburban with nothing too special modified on it. I think it's even on the original 350 cube Small Block chevy, but with just some computer tuning he's making over 20 mpg highway in truck. That's with an engine design that dates back to the 1950s and electronics that were first introduced in the late 1980s. And btw, he's gained horsepower and torque as well from this little adventure. Don't even get me started on newer trucks, the engineering and programming is so half-baked on them I can't buy one because of how much I understand is screwed up on them. I just don't want to bore everyone here with the details of it.
    I don't know that there is any point in wasting research on improving the internal combustion engine. I mean, it's a moving explosion machine. Any explosion will always be a little bit of force and a lot of wasted heat. Frankly, hybrids represent the the only decent use of an internal combustion engine in light of both Global Warming and dwindling Petroleum supplies.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I'd love to know what part of the country you live in. Two weeks ago or so regular cost 3.78 per gallon; I refilled a bit several days ago and it was 3.98.

There's no way Costco's gas price won't go up when the cost of crude oil is still going up.
    Southern California, USA. At least what is what some said...
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Use public transport more.

This applies especially if you live in a large city. You save money and help the environment.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Junior Member Klymacks is on a distinguished road Klymacks's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2008 07:07 PM
    Threads

Your income and average use of the gasoline is what determines if the prices are harsh or not. It's obviously harder for someone with a lower income who travel a lot - a employee of a supermarket who is on-call for example - than someone whose total gross per pay period is higher and travel much less - a doctor in a highly acclaimed facility with many many other doctors that can do the exact same thing as he can. Even though the harshness of the situation varies based on this, everyone complains about the prices of fuel just as much as the next guy. But hey, what are you gonna do? No one is smart enough to see the real problems of the society and definitely not smart enough to resolve them. The thought of even using fossil fuels for what we use them for is disturbing considering what they are derived from.

The idea of ethanol has many pros and cons which I haven't really researched enough to give an educated opinion about, but I DO have a link to some information about it. Which is here.
    But anyways...the truth is, everything is downhill from here. not only gas prices, but the entire planet. Hell, it's been going downhill ever since it was created, but that is a topic for another time.

SOOO, the prices of gasoline within the vicinity of Dothan, AL. fluctuates from $3.84 to $3.89. I failed to read the rest of the replies to this question so it's not my fault if this has already been said. >>; That is all.

REDRUM.

Senior Member Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Santa Hat Cheeseburger Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2012 02:46 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blazing Taokaka PSN ID: Zelkovas_Moon

it hasnt so hush when did you get smart
    Did I tell you to look at me? No? Good then get the hell away from me.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok, the price for gas here is about 3.78... 3.87. Whatever. I can't drive, but that doesn't mean I can't read.

Here's my only problem with people who complain about gas prices. You complain about 3.78 for a gallon of gas, but you'll pay 8-9 dollars for a simple coffee at Starbucks. And, of course, that only applies to you guys who complain and buy from Starbucks.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

I like the way that all these people are sitting there complaining because they cannot afford their laziness to drive. Whats wrong with good old fashioned "walking"? You know, that thing where you stand on your two bottom legs and move one in front of the other. Be careful, it can take a lot of practice.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Where I live, we only pay 1.29$. But this is in Canada. The prices in the States are outrageous and I kinda wonder how that situation will go as the prices get higher....^^

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amray View Post
    I like the way that all these people are sitting there complaining because they cannot afford their laziness to drive. Whats wrong with good old fashioned "walking"? You know, that thing where you stand on your two bottom legs and move one in front of the other. Be careful, it can take a lot of practice.
    The only problem with that is driving long, probably unwalkable distances. Like, 500 miles or so when you vacation. I know my parents always drive to where they need to go. Also, ever heard of rain? Yea, no one likes walking in that, even if it is a short distance. Plus, people have jobs they need to get to that can be 45 minutes away, double or even triple that if you walk.

I understand what you're saying, if it's just a short drive to a friend's, walking won't always work.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Junior Member Klymacks is on a distinguished road Klymacks's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2008 07:07 PM
    Threads

Walking, ftw??? Then there would be a war over water and Gatorade. xD

REDRUM.

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    The only problem with that is driving long, probably unwalkable distances. Like, 500 miles or so when you vacation. I know my parents always drive to where they need to go. Also, ever heard of rain? Yea, no one likes walking in that, even if it is a short distance. Plus, people have jobs they need to get to that can be 45 minutes away, double or even triple that if you walk.

I understand what you're saying, if it's just a short drive to a friend's, walking won't always work.
    Yes I understand, although I as an individual love the rain. I also have an hours walk to College everyday, I don't mind I love the excersise. But yes, I do see your point.

When my friends Mothers friend went to America he was taking a 2 mile walk into town and all these people were stopping and asking him if he wanted a lift, and when he declined they looked at him like he was some kind of freak. That is just plain terrible in my opinion, pure bone-idol laziness.

chérir-- kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 12:11 PM
    Threads

Also, ever heard of rain? Yea, no one likes walking in that, even if it is a short distance.
    Fah! I love walking in the rain. Makes things more different... .__.' I'd choose a rainy day over a sunny day anyday. Rainy, gloomy days make me happy xD;; *cough* now...were was I?

next year I'm going to be sixteen(technically)...god only know how much gas will be then. (I'm guessing $5.70 a gallon) I couldn't get anywhere without a car since the closest city is 10 miles away (I live in rural nowhere wisconsin...yay...), and biking or walking isn't exactly quick when in a hurry to somewhere so far away bike/walk wise.

But yes, walking and biking is a great alternative.
    Last edited by kaori_tenshi; 06-09-2008 at 12:18 PM.

A very beautiful set made by KP ^_^.I love you so much!
    Thank you Lawlietth <3 I love it

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If I remember correctly, the average commute in America is 15 miles one way. Assuming a person walked briskly at a rate of 4 miles per hour it would take them 3 hours 45 minutes to get to work, and 3 hours 45 minutes to get back. Assuming only a 8 hour work day, that would leave them 8 hours 30 minutes to sit down. Just enough time to sleep and get ready for the next day, I suppose. Probably going to be a tough sell convincing people to spend nearly as much time getting to work as getting paid, though.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's what tents were made for.

And what is wrong with cycling? Also, what do you think people did before all of this "car" nonsense? What is stopping them from buying a lovely horse? They use much less gas, they are cheaper nowadays, and they can travel a fair distance with great speed. You will only be spending money on them that equals out the same as a Car.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's what tents were made for.

And what is wrong with cycling?
    It's a better idea, but people don't want to spend an hour and a half riding to work when they could drive for a half hour. Assuming you work 5 days a week, you'd lose 520 hours a year. That's a lot.

Also, what do you think people did before all of this "car" nonsense?
    They worked well within 5 miles of where they lived. This really isn't an option for most educated people today.

What is stopping them from buying a lovely horse? They use much less gas, they are cheaper nowadays, and they can travel a fair distance with great speed. You will only be spending money on them that equals out the same as a Car.
    Horses don't work in city traffic, it would be hard to produce a sizable number of them to replace much of the cars, and employers wouldn't want to board horses for free all day. Not to mention that horses require much more attention and upkeep then an average car, and they need a very large field and a overhang to live under which just isn't an option in most Urban and Suburban settings.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 06-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Yes, the price of petrol is getting ridiculous. But we were all expecting it were we not? I was.

I was too but like I mean SAVE THE EARTH xD
    Anyway I at some point it is and at some point it isn't
    Like.. it is causing an 'un-friendly'environment
    I think more people should use public buses
    and less cars or even don't buy a car and not to mention bycicles too aswell as walking.
    Over here they have these things called 'eco cabs' it's a taxi cab except with a bycicle ^.^
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    It's a better idea, but people don't want to spend an hour and a half riding to work when they could drive for a half hour. Assuming you work 5 days a week, you'd lose 520 hours a year. That's a lot.
    They worked well within 5 miles of where they lived. This really isn't an option for most educated people today.
    Horses don't work in city traffic, it would be hard to produce a sizable number of them to replace much of the cars, and employers wouldn't want to board horses for free all day. Not to mention that horses require much more attention and upkeep then an average car, and they need a very large field and a overhang to live under which just isn't an option in most Urban and Suburban settings.
    Very good points, your point is made clear.

I guess that America is just not a horse-using society any longer, and I do not think it possible neither, considering the circumstances.
    But not just American either, most countries in this day and age.

I guess we will just have to carry on sucking the Earths blood dry until it is no longer an opportunity to do so. Anyway, as if people on this planet would want to help the Earth stay natural, all they care about are themselves, their wages, their rights to drugs, whether they look fat in "that" dress, and all the other daily flows of activities.

Wafer Paladin Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 10:10 AM
    Threads

In my country, the Philippines, unleaded gasoline is Php 55.07 per liter (last count). Believe me, this price is too high!
    I love wafers!

I'm sure the Lakers will get that three-peat. Awwyeahh

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The US has very low gas prices compared to other countries. IMO, the US gas prices are just catching up.

Public transportation all the way! I love my car, but I rarely drive it. I take the train and walk everywhere.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Yes, the American price is much lower than many countries. While in Moscow, I saw that the cost was just above the American cost, but you have to figure in the fact that the typical Muscovite makes six times less than the typical American.

The stark rise in cost is what hurts the most, as most families had some kind of budgeting system well in place before the quick jump in prices.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2010 09:49 PM
    Threads

In Australia, our prices keep rising and it's killing us. The average price we have to pay is $1.65 AU sometimes it goes up $2.10 AU. We do have a discount system in place for Coles and Woolworths but thats nothing but scam.

Member lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity has a reputation beyond repute lostvanity's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2008 05:32 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2249-1685-2229-6930

I saw $4.01 at BP

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

What worth will the Arabs have once they run out of oil?
    ████████████

Senior Member demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2008 11:18 PM
    Threads

shoot, gas here is around $4 and something cents.just to fill up a car, like completely full is around maybe $100 or less, but i don't drive, i'm just stating what i've seen when my parents go to fill up thier cars, or when my uncle filled up his car, we can't really afford gas at this rate...we pay around $20 for like not even half the tank, it's so outrageous(sp)...oil prices went down a little, shouldn't that affect gas prices? but from what people told me, democrats and republicans are arguing about this, fighting amongst eachother, one puts out a bill, the other shoots it down, and visversa, it's sad, it really is, to us little people i mean, the big people, like the house and senate really don't have to worry, but what about us, ya know? we don't make 20 grand or over a year, they don't have to worry about gas prices, but all the little people do..to much gas price, no own can really afford to drive, no work, no pay, there just ain't no way..darn greedy money hungry people..
    Last edited by demon_girl_; 06-10-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information