AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Politics: Views, opinions on what's going on in the Middle East

Vikky's #1 slave WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2009 03:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Politics: Views, opinions on what's going on in the Middle East

This is something that I just finally had to post. What do you think should happen in the Middle East? What do you think will happen over there? here's the place to post whatever you feel like saying considering the ''war'' in the ME.

Member Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming has a reputation beyond repute Alive-And-Dreaming's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2009 03:39 PM
    Threads

too broad a subject. You mean Iraq? I'm against that war, because it violates the monroe doctrine.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Considering that none of us are:

a) high ranking military officials in charge of the area commands;
    b) high ranking politicians involved in the decision making progress;
    c) secret/intelligence agents that specialize in certain locations of the world

I would think that we are no where near qualified to state what "should happen" or "think will happen"

I have had many close friends serve in the war in the middle east (Afghanistan specific), and while I have not personally been over there yet, have been (like most Army members in a deploying base) been very much exposed to what is going on and have seen and read a few things that OPSEC prevents from saying.

Even with that I would not venture to offer an opinion. Even my friend who has been there, been shot at, and killed Taliban has an opinion on the place but would not go so far as to say what he think should happen.

I seen too many of these discussions, where armchair experts sit back and from their extensive CNN coverage or what Professor Dingleheimer said once in a lecture, will freely offer their "professional" view on how things should go. That's why I felt compelled to write this little speel.

I guess I'll sit back now and make room for the teenies and the ignorant to run their mouths.

Ten dollars to whoever says "war is stpid we shuldnt be there leave the pplz of afstans/Irakis alone!"
    Last edited by Sagat; 05-29-2008 at 12:46 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alive-And-Dreaming View Post
    too broad a subject. You mean Iraq? I'm against that war, because it violates the monroe doctrine.
    I'm against the war in Iraq because the public was misled about the causes. If you're going to send your people to inevitable, gruesome death as cannon fodder, at least don't lie them in the face about why they're meeting their early demise. At least Hitler was moderately honest conquering Europe. That's more than you can say about GWB.

Today there is a widespread revisionist story about fighting terror, but the rhetorics at the time was that Saddam might have some sort of WMDs. Which was not reason to invade a country. The moderately oppressive nature of the Hussein regime was not reason to invade (in truth, there's plenty of those around), the land letter is in no way a reason to invade.

It is, and remains a war of aggression, and the UN is too much of a wimp to do anything about it.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-29-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Too many stubborn nations lead this war, which is why I think countries such as the USA are just going to continue digging themselves into a much bigger crap hole than they are already in.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

I have no opinion about what's happening over there, but I will say this:

The US is starting to become the baby-sitter of the world. Actually, I believe it already was. We still have soldiers in Japan, Vietnam, Korea [N and S]. Once the war in the Middle East is over, there will be soldiers stationed there to baby-sit their military. Yes, I understand that the US military is just simply protecting its citizens by making sure the militaries elsewhere aren't making Nuclear weapons. But, you know, why are we limiting ourselves to only having the Nuclear weapons?

[If I'm wrong, correct me. But this is what I heard mainly started this mess.] There are soldiers over there to make sure no more terrorists arise -_- yeah, because we think that everyone hates the US. Why wouldn't they? We're baby-sitting the world. There's even people living in the US that hates the military.

Well, there's my opinion. And yes, it did kind of go off track, but you know what...so did the US military and our president[s].

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

People who should not start these type of threads, or post in them include:

A) People with no social/national responsibilites (ex: Voting)

B) People with no military/economic/political/diplomatic bearings or understanding

C) "I'M AGAINST THE WAR BECAUSE WAR IS BAD AND THAT IS BAD" people.

D) People with nothing useful to contribute because all they know is "The USA and it's allies are bad people who are spoiled and are greedy and are going to destroy themselves"

E) People who post one line answers, especially if they fit any of the above categories and a combination of them

What do I think?

I think waging war on terrorism is a stupid idea. You can't kill an idea, just the people who carry it. But there will always be more rising up to take it up. It is impossible to win a war against terrorism.

I think waging war on Iraq was an ok one, not a bad one and you know what? IT WORKED. We won the war in Iraq when we ousted the leader. We officially won the war against that government, and technically the war against Iraq is over, there is just fighting against insurgents and terrorists that occupy the area.

War isn't bad. War is just used to get rid of bad people.

Senior Member Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac has a reputation beyond repute Killapac's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2016 11:45 PM
    Threads

I think we messed up took out a government they where used to kill the leader(wich i don't thin kwe should have done) Caused mass confusion n war that we really did not need at this time now the middle east is too hot we pull out on a government that is not ready to be on its own it will be like Vietnam all over again all.....all we are is in a mass civil war and its over some thign stuiped that should have been finished the 1st time around during the gulf war...n whats wrong with the Us giving any one basicly weapons?
    IDK:

Feels Good to be apart of AF!

I'm still the Hustleman.

Super Assome! Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 02:10 PM
    Threads

I don't think I would send the soldiers. I would send the bombs. "Bomb the shiz out of them!" Problem solved fast without friendly casualties.

Message from me:

Internizzle serizzle bizzle
    AF family:
    - Temperance: Raccoon Pet. xD
    - Kitsune~girl: Sister :3

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiro View Post
    People who should not start these type of threads, or post in them include: [...]
    That is a fundamental error in logic. An argument does not hold more or less validity based on who is promoting it. The only relevant part is the logic. Argue against the argument, not the arguer.

Vikky's #1 slave WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot has a reputation beyond repute WolfShot's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You all have very interesting views on what's going on in the Middle East. And for Bison I have not only respect for you but also for all the other soldiers fighting in the Middle East. I pray for their safety not only in there but also for their safe return, and if you were to be deployed I'd pray for your safety too(Let's just hope that you don't have to be sent over there). In MY personal opinion I believe that we should have just left as soon as Hussien was captured and left their government to just fall apart because it seems to me that it already has. Using the same policy(Vietnamization in the Vienam war) is working to a point. However I believe that we could have delt with this situation in an entirely different manner. I appreciate and respect everyone's different views and opinions on this topic. I Don't dislike the army because of this, I just dislike how this situation was and is being handled. I shall not waver in my support for the troops. I hope that we can have as many come home alive as we can. Well you've heard my opinion, and hopefully you respect it as much I as respect yours.
    Last edited by WolfShot; 05-29-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, if America did not go jumping in and demand Russia let the US deal with it then this probably would have never happened. The Soviets had everything under control.
    Last edited by Amray; 05-29-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amray View Post
    Well, if America did not go jumping in and demand Russia let the US deal with it then this probably would have never happened. The Soviets had everything under control.
    In Soviet Russia, Communism abuses YOU.
    Fact of the matter is, "the soviets" never had anything under control, except their horrible way of treating people. There was more control in Russia (as well as other countries from the USSR) when Czars and Kings were still in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris
    That is a fundamental error in logic. An argument does not hold more or less validity based on who is promoting it. The only relevant part is the logic. Argue against the argument, not the arguer.
    I disagree. And all the wiki pages in the world won't support that opinion you have on the matter. See, there is nothing inherently wrong with the discussion itself, it is just that most of the people who tend to take part in also tend to know little on the subject, or only what the propaganda media media tells me (regardless of which face is telling you which story). To say the person has no bearing on validity is just silly. Especially when they make outrageous claims or one-sided accusations. A person of reputable standing is much more likely to make a valid statement and contribution than one who has made himself a fool time and again, and some people just refuse to enter a classical argument with any class at all. So the list was aimed at such people to weed out them before hand.

I can't argue the topic, as I've already joined the discussion, what I can argue against are the arguers arguing utter nonsense in said topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Killapac
    I think we messed up took out a government they where used to kill the leader(wich i don't thin kwe should have done) Caused mass confusion n war that we really did not need at this time now the middle east is too hot we pull out on a government that is not ready to be on its own it will be like Vietnam all over again all.....all we are is in a mass civil war and its over some thign stuiped that should have been finished the 1st time around during the gulf war...n whats wrong with the Us giving any one basicly weapons?/
    Said list and post can apply here. Killapac, think about this--
    Saddam killed his own people many many times, hundreds upon hundreds of thousands. Who on earth would want to be used to a government like that? Also, we did not kill him. We captured him, brought charges for crimes against humanity against him, he was sent back to the middle east for trial and sentencing, and then his own people killed him in the way they saw fit.
    With a pistol.

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap.
    And justly so, I might add.
    Last edited by Kishiro; 05-29-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah but "Russia" do not go killing their own allys by mistake. Do you have any idea how many of our great soldiers have been killed by the US because of their pathetic mishaps? I was totally peeved off when I heard on the news about their stupidity and how they killed so many British allys by accident. ¬_¬

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiro View Post
    I disagree. And all the wiki pages in the world won't support that opinion you have on the matter. See, there is nothing inherently wrong with the discussion itself, it is just that most of the people who tend to take part in also tend to know little on the subject, or only what the propaganda media media tells me (regardless of which face is telling you which story). To say the person has no bearing on validity is just silly. Especially when they make outrageous claims or one-sided accusations. A person of reputable standing is much more likely to make a valid statement and contribution than one who has made himself a fool time and again, and some people just refuse to enter a classical argument with any class at all. So the list was aimed at such people to weed out them before hand.

I can't argue the topic, as I've already joined the discussion, what I can argue against are the arguers arguing utter nonsense in said topic.
    You're making sweeping generalizations as to the level of knowledge of these people (at least A and B). Instead of making demands on who should and shouldn't be allowed to discuss this subject, develop a coping strategy (i.e. ignore them).

Or better yet, if their arguments are so hopelessly trivial, why don't you stomp the arguments into fiery oblivion with superior logic?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Amray View Post
    Yeah but "Russia" do not go killing their own allys by mistake. Do you have any idea how many of our great soldiers have been killed by the US because of their pathetic mishaps? I was totally peeved off when I heard on the news about their stupidity and how they killed so many British allys by accident. ¬_¬
    No offence but during WW2 Stalin was Killing His own people with his Great Purge idea. And since when did we start killing not only russians, but britains aswell???? As far as I know only the British army has helped us with the Middle East. And as far as I've heard the only ''ally'' casualties we have suffered are Middle Eastern civilians caught in the crossfire( And in some other ways posted through the news and internet) But anyways, I think you might just be speculating.
    Last edited by WolfShot; 05-29-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowShot View Post
    No offence but during WW2 Stalin was Killing His own people with his Great Purge idea.
    Using WWII as a source for specific atrocities is a bad idea. Why? Because almost all involved parties did nasty things during that war. The UK and US firebombed Dresden. Stalin was a general jerk. The Nazis did the holocaust. The US hoarded Japaneses immigrants into concentration camps, used nukes on civilian targets, etc.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-29-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well ofcourse US media are not going to broadcast it. You also have Canadian allys too don't forget.

And yes they have killed a number of Britons. Not sure about your country but over here it was all over the news. "British Arrival Helicopter Demolished By US Marines" all by accidently mistaking it for an enemy helicopter.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You also have a good point. But think about this at least: Did the U.S. ever kill their own soldiers?
    The only relevant part is that people were killed. Not who they were.

And if the U.S. invaded Japan instead of using ths nukes the civilian casualties would've been much, much higher.
    How is that? Unless the invading force is actively killing civilians, civilian casualties should be the exception, not the rule.

Remember that the Japanese military considered us devils that would do horrible things to them and that suicide was the only way to escape us.
    The general modus operandi of wartime propaganda is to portray the enemy as utterly evil (demonization). That being as such, you really need to take any statement like that with large grain of salt.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post

Sometimes it is relevant on who they are

How is that? Unless the invading force is actively killing civilians, civilian casualties should be the exception, not the rule.

The japanese military propaganda was heard/read/seen by japanese people everywhere in Japan. They feared horrible torture and worse if we ''captured'' them, so they adopted the policy of suicide to escape our ''evil ways''.

The general modus operandi of wartime propaganda is to portray the enemy as utterly evil (demonization). That being as such, you really need to take any statement like that with large grain of salt.
    Tell that to the Japanese civilians and soldiers who believed it entirely.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Tell that to the Japanese civilians and soldiers who believed it entirely.
    Bring them to me, and I will.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Bring them to me, and I will.
    Unfortunately most of them are long gone

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately most of them are long gone
    How convenient.

BuLmA's Neighbor DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2009 11:43 PM
    Threads

Oh man...I really don't want to get into this.

Chocobo: Our president MAY HAVE gone off track, but our military hasn't. If our elected leaders tell us to go places and kill people, we go to those places and kill those people.

Dxon: "Bomb the shiz out of them." Yeah, and be criminalized by every other governing body in the freakin world. Y'see, there's these things called the Geneva Conventions that say we can't do things like attack innocent cities, murder enemy combatants that surrender to us, or nuke entire countries.

Amray: Craptastic things happen in war zones. Mistakes get people killed, you think American soldiers haven't died from things other american soldiers have done? It sucks when fratricide occurs, and I'm not condoning it. But if one british chopper gets shot down by american forces, believe me, investigations occur and punishments are metered out.

I must return to work now. Any more questions, feel free to post back here.

Peace,
    DaSOCOM

New Bro : Anime Master
    Cute lil' sis: zyronet
    My son: kingdomhearts_tom (boy do I feel old now...)
    cool sister: ~*midnight_serenity*~
    wikked (as in wikkedly awesome) sis: ~*Lady_Kikyou*~
    long-lost brother: lordrellik8
    Da Cousin: Kawairashii hikari
    Smarter Older Sister: Capernicus
    Cute Widdle Daughter: Kitsune~girl
    The Neighbor:BuLmA`
    Death Princess on hold due to life.

Member lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88 has a reputation beyond repute lynne88's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2008 11:50 AM
    Threads

Yes, I am Canadian and a fair amount of our troops have had to go and help out with this war and clean up messes after the US. Some of our troops were killed under FRIENDLY FIRE. What kind of fire is FRIENDLY between allies? I don't support this, but I have no political choice since i didn't vote.

Closed Thread

Thread Information