AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Live action Cowboy Bebop movie

The Big Lewboski nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 04:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Live action Cowboy Bebop movie

I was recently flicking through a movie mag when I came across a review for a live action Death note film. It got me thinking how awesome would it be if somebody made my favourite anime Cowboy bebop into a live action film. Obviously it would have to be made for the right reasons and stay true to the tone of the series, especially the bluesy soundtrack. I thought maybe someone like Christopher Nolan, the Wachowskis brothers or my personal favourite choice the Coen brothers could direct it. Then I started thinking about what actors would be in it. I racked my brains who could live up to the legend that is Spike but none of the actors I thought of seemed right, maybe Johnny Depp. As for Jet who better than “Ron Perlman” who played Hellboy, he’s the perfect candidate. Not sure who’d make a good Faye. It would have to be a new face for Ed but they’d have to capture her enthusiasm. Again with Vicious it’d be hard to think of someone. Maybe there could be a sequel, a trilogy, go deeper into Spikes past, scenes with him and Vicious in the Syndicate, which would be cool.

But what do you think, should they make a Bebop movie, who do you think should direct and star in it, and what plot stories do you think they should go with, stay true to the series, or come up with a new story all together.
    Last edited by nyar majinn; 05-29-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First of all, congrats, you win at life for loving Cowboy Bebop.

Second, I don't think they should make a live-action movie. It wouldn't have the Bebop feel for me. I doubt any actor could portray the right amount of awesome for Spike, plus, Ed would be too hard of a character to play. It would be a good idea, it just probably wouldn't work.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Member space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2009 10:51 AM
    Threads

A live action would suck, unless steve blum actually played spike in which case it would be awesome.
    Last edited by Ollie; 06-14-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: removing profanity

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Spike is way too awesome to be cast by some crappy actor. All the Cowboy Bebop characters are too original and loving, I do not want the risk of them being ruined on a Movie by some people that do not even know the Anime exists. They made the Cowboy Bebop Movie, which I thought was great, but that is all they should do. I think they should just leave Cowboy Bebop as the amazing classic 1998 Anime in which we all adore.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Junior Member toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5 has much to be proud of toboe5's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2008 04:42 PM
    Threads

I only wonder who they could cast for Ed because noone can be that awesome!!

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 05:13 AM
    Threads

Careful! Some lame hollywood director might be reading this and get ideas.
    To answer the question on whether there should be a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie, yes or no? I'd say... no. *gets chills* Make that a big NO!
    SMILE!

Junior Member Clint Stockholm is on a distinguished road Clint Stockholm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2008 12:27 AM
    Threads

How about a spinoff fan film?

Looks like this one is using totally new characters... I think this is the homepage:
    http://tpquigley.googlepages.com

The Big Lewboski nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    Careful! Some lame hollywood director might be reading this and get ideas.
    To answer the question on whether there should be a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie, yes or no? I'd say... no. *gets chills* Make that a big NO!
    No way man, I've seen too many lame *** blockbusters this summer already, I'm talking about making a film true to the tone of the series down to the last asteroid. Look how Christopher Nolan handled the new batman films. They're amazing compared to the reems and reems of endless superhero bulls**t films like spiderman 3 and fantastic four. All I'm saying is if you had the right actors, a director who knows the series inside out and a fantastic plot that stays true to the story it would make a f**king awesome film, but maybe I'm asking too much. But I agree with that if you can't make it right don't do it.

eagle-eyed >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_>'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2008 11:33 AM
    I am born in South Korea but I live in the Philippinesc",
    Threads

If it's the japs that are going to make this project then hell, NO. I think they suck at making films; they're forte is anime and that's it. The Death Note live-action and the GTO were like having a 'cute is what we aim for" theme.

tag and render by me.

Senior Member Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop is infamous around these parts Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Pocky Blue Saber Nunchaku
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 08:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadlyXMcnuttyx

Amray is right actors can ruin movies and i dont want to think anything but good thoughts of bebop

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

Btw, they ARE making a Cowboy Bebop Live Action film. At least that's what I saw the last time I flipped to G4.

Edit: I was at work when I made a quick post in this thread.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/...-feature-film/

I'm actually interested to see what this would turn out to be.
    Last edited by Fiery; 07-28-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Btw, they ARE making a Cowboy Bebop Live Action film. At least that's what I saw the last time I flipped to G4.
    Death Note, then Akira, what's next? Spirited Away?......Oh dear, that's a scarey thought! I hope they do not start ruining Studio Ghibli films too!

Please tell me this is a joke! They would ruin this anime, and no actors could ever replace Spike's attitude, Jet's awesomeness, Ed's.....weirdness, and Faye's humour and sexiness. No matter where you look you just cannot find actors that are worthy of their character.
    That which is; is the truth.

Senior Member Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2008 01:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
    A live action would suck, unless steve blum actually played spike in which case it would be awesome.
    I agree with you there

Tis not male! drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2009 01:26 PM
    I live happily in a house with my family. (6 animals)
    Threads

*coughs* http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ht=live+action

Other than that i still think it's not going to be good.... Live action just isn't as good as the original.
    Only fools accept the obvious and go no farther.
    Common sense isn't so common anymore.
    "I'll follow you everywhere you go in my oh-so-inconspicuous bright red car and convince myself you don't notice."
    4// Itchy. Tasty.

Junior Member fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait has a reputation beyond repute fightbait's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2008 11:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
    i don't have anything to say in regards to this comment. i just enjoyed it reading it.

as for the live action cowboy bebop movie--a friend of mine heard a rumor that keanu reeves would be playing spike. i'm not sure how legit that statement is though.
    Check out the FIGHTBAIT ANIME PODCAST at http://www.fightbait.com.
    You could also click this--http://feeds.feedburner.com/fightbaitanime--to subscribe today!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post

Edit: I was at work when I made a quick post in this thread.

I'm actually interested to see what this would turn out to be.
    OMG. What have I done. lol

Senior Member Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2009 09:32 PM
    Threads

what have you done indeed!
    but i wonder whos going to be ed because like someone else said, noone can be that cool....or as a personal observation, that hyperactive

My sister is Kissed by Neji my OTHER sister is Morning Grace.......i gots family!

POTTY MOUTH K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH is infamous around these parts K!LLaH's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2009 11:20 AM
    Threads

i think josh hartnett could play spike..they may not look or sound alike but..he naturally has some of spikes mannerisms..the way they walk..hunch over..drag off a ciggarette.. kate beckinsale could play faye faye i'm at a loss for Ed.. as for jet i agree with the original choice of ron pearlman or matthew mcwhatshisf**k but the way buffed up version of him from that dragon movie where he went all psycho
    can anyone feel the pain?

Thankie@Demoni

LET'S GOOOOOO! Into TWIIIIILIIIIGHT!!

Junior Member angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie has a reputation beyond repute angryveggie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2008 09:55 PM
    Threads

I would spend my time writing about how much I'm opposed to it; however, I know deep down, I'd probably see it, anyway (then complain about the quality to my friends/anybody who's willing to listen). It's just...arg, Ed it the perfect character for someone to mess up! As is Jet, just because he's my favorite. Ah well, what can I honestly do besides hope for the best?

The only emperor
    is the emperor of ice-cream

Junior Member hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver has much to be proud of hatereaver's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2008 09:06 AM
    Threads

if they make a live action movie of cowboy bebop i'd watch it then go out and buy to watch it again and then id tell two friends and theyd tell two friends and so on so forth

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 12:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

let the movie cm we wil lsee how it is there is a 50% chance tht movie will be gr8 and 50% chance tht movie gonna blow like hell we should w8 and watch

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

They might just do the movie.. just because all of us will watch it and hate it. (well, not all.. some)

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Member skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2009 01:11 AM
    Threads

I think it was fox that bought the rights to it, so the same people who are doing Dragonball: Evolution *shudders* are doing Cowboy Bebop. So while I'm really excited to see such a movie, I don't think it's going to work out, because just like the DB movie, this one is going to be udder crap. Also, Keanu Reeves is rumored to play Spike. That'll be interesting to see. I really liked him in the Matrix, though other movies have been not so great, so we'll have to see. Here are some links:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lopment-at-fox
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/31/...-cowboy-bebop/

Closed Thread

Thread Information