AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Edward Boy or Girl?

Member Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2009 06:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: coming soon

Default Edward Boy or Girl?

Now I know it all depends. If you are reading the manga, Ed is actually a boy.
    However in the Anime, Ed is a girl.
    In your own personal opinion, what do you think Ed was truly meant to be?
    Mr. Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV?
    or
    Ms. Edward Wong?

Personally, I feel she was originally intended to be a girl. She states so herself in the Movie. So why would they twist it up in the Manga, hmm?

Don't tell me the Sky's the Limit....I've seen footprints on the moon.

Member FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi has a reputation beyond repute FireChibi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2008 10:27 PM
    Threads

Manga is always the true one so its boy

Member Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42 has a reputation beyond repute Masterjoe42's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FireChibi View Post
    Why do you think Manga is always True?
    In Wolf's Rain, FLCL, and various other manga, It's much different from the Anime. Most often, the Anime came first. Wouldn't that mean it would be the true one?
    But even if you are right, then why is she a girl in the Show?

Yaoi addict - u go girl! gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2010 10:34 PM
    Threads

I always thought it was a boy with the voice of a girl. X____x but I say edward is a guy.
    "The Truest Life Is When Your Living Your Dreams Awake"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingergirl_ View Post
    I always thought it was a boy with the voice of a girl. X____x but I say edward is a guy.
    =P Kind of like the whole "Haku" deal in Naruto?
    I'm still convinced Ed's a girl. =/

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Hmmm. It is hard. I used to think "boy" but further into the series I thought that Ed started leaning more towards the "Female" side, with her flexible body and girly voice. Plus I like to think Ed is a girl as their are already three males (including Ein) aboard the bebop. That is probably why they made Ed a girl in the Anime, so that their was an extra female main character on the ship and series.
    That which is; is the truth.

Member space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2009 10:51 AM
    Threads

fail, the manga also fails

eds a girl

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
    fail, the manga also fails

eds a girl
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, the manga is not always true. Edward was designed to be a girl, and I know this for a fact.

Sure, the ORIGINAL design was to be a boy, but the creators stopped, and thought about how that would affect the boy/girl ratio, and they made her into a girl.

I believe Edward was meant to be female.

Also, from what I've read, the manga came after the anime. If this isn't true, please correct me, but I never did pay attention to the manga, considering many people did not like it. =|

[Which, if it came after, Edward should be a girl]
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Member devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2008 06:10 AM
    Threads

um...why did they change Edward's gender? :S ....Confused...
    well, i never saw the anime or read the manga, so i dunno much...

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In this series the anime is canon, the manga is not so Ed is female.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    In this series the anime is canon, the manga is not so Ed is female.
    This proves my point. I think you said this better than I did. =/

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2012 10:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I say Edward is a girl; in Brain Scratch, she had on a dress.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Sena View Post
    I say Edward is a girl; in Brain Scratch, she had on a dress.
    I agree with you, but for the hell of it, Tim curry did wear leather pumps and fishnets, and just look at Bou from An Cafe. =P

But Ed's not a crossdresser.
    She wears what she finds fits best. ^-^

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masterjoe42 View Post
    I agree with you, but for the hell of it, Tim curry did wear leather pumps and fishnets, and just look at Bou from An Cafe. =P

But Ed's not a crossdresser.
    She wears what she finds fits best. ^-^
    Sounds confusing. So we may never know the real gender.

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Sena View Post
    Sounds confusing. So we may never know the real gender.
    Ed has girl parts according to Faye's surprised exclamation from the bathroom in one of the episodes. I assume she knows girl parts when she sees them, so I conceder her to be a reliable witness on this matter. [/thread]
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Or she could be a very feminine male. xD And Faye's "been around" so she'd know them if she saw them. =P
    just kidding.

Ed's a girl.

Junior Member mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted has much to be proud of mostwanted's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2008 01:53 PM
    Threads

After watching anime I was sure that Ed is a girl. She changed gender in manga? ^^ that sounds confusing xd.
    Good to know that anime was first in this series.
    Last edited by mostwanted; 07-26-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Senior Member nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2009 06:53 PM
    Threads

wikipedia does not lie so Ed = girl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lu_Tivrusky_IV
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog.

MY STUFF
    HELLSING ORDER 3

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by memento mori
    No, the manga is not always true. Edward was designed to be a girl, and I know this for a fact.

Sure, the ORIGINAL design was to be a boy, but the creators stopped, and thought about how that would affect the boy/girl ratio, and they made her into a girl.

I believe Edward was meant to be female.

Also, from what I've read, the manga came after the anime. If this isn't true, please correct me, but I never did pay attention to the manga, considering many people did not like it. =|

[Which, if it came after, Edward should be a girl]
    Just as Memento said. Originally, Ed was a guy. But when the carried it to the anime, they didn't like having an unbalanced gender system [like most Final Fantasy parties. x.x usually more guys than girls] So they changed Ed's acting position to female. However, they neglected to change the name, but they decided to keep it.

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

Member AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™ has a reputation beyond repute AmySorel™'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2008 10:09 PM
    Threads

The world may never know.

XD
    When you're an assassin, you'll kill one man...
    When your a conqueror, you'll kill millions...
    But when your a god...
    You'll kill every single thing...

Senior Member Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2008 11:42 AM
    Threads

I also trust Wiki to tell the truth.

Edward is a laddie.

Senior Member Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2008 01:45 AM
    Threads

Yeah, in the manga Ed says he's a boy.
    In the anime it says she's a girl.
    So which are they?

((It's so hard type that, trying to figure how to type it))

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

"Ed isn't a little boy, Ed is a little girl!" - Ed in Cowboy Bebop: The Movie.

If Ed said it herself then it must be true. She may have lived on her own for a long time but I am sure that she can define the difference between male and female.
    That which is; is the truth.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First there was a boy named Sue--now, there's a girl named Ed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information