AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Creating a Manga!

Junior Member Raiton is on a distinguished road Raiton's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2008 01:44 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Creating a Manga!

Hey everyone!

I'm creating my first manga! Although! I am not drawing it, i'm writing the story first. I am bad at drawing, but I can handle the writing business.

The thing is, I have no idea's & no idea how to write it. So here are my questions.

1. How do I start a manga story?

2. How should I put in the characters, and where should it start...
    ?

And I am trying to base it on Ninja's, I got my idea's from Naruto & Dragonball Z, the thing is, it's to much of a copy, i'm trying not to bring in "jutsu's & Chakra" or it'll be a complete copy.. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Raiton; 05-28-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Answer to number 1...

Research...
    Lots and lots of it.

After you have created your GENERAL story, you should look it up on the internet to see if someone has mimicked your idea, and if they did, you will have to change the story, or do a completely different one.

And honestly, you start a manga when you feel that you are ready.

Answer to number 2...

What might help is to use people that you know in reality and use their personality to create characters.

There are a lot of people who like to do "ninja stories," therefore it might be harder than you think to achieve what you want. So you are gonna have to do a lot of research as I have said previously.

Hopefully this will help you in what you need to know.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Answer to number 1...

Research...
    Lots and lots of it.

After you have created your GENERAL story, you should look it up on the internet to see if someone has mimicked your idea, and if they did, you will have to change the story, or do a completely different one.

And honestly, you start a manga when you feel that you are ready.

Answer to number 2...

What might help is to use people that you know in reality and use their personality to create characters.

There are a lot of people who like to do "ninja stories," therefore it might be harder than you think to achieve what you want. So you are gonna have to do a lot of research as I have said previously.

Hopefully this will help you in what you need to know.

Thank you for the incredibly helpful information.

I've come up with a plot.. so far. Lmao.

What happens is.

There are these villages, and they aren't really 'Ninja-like" The main character/village is the Sand, and each village has an objective.

The Sand Village is in a desert area, and there are alot of temples, and stuff. They're main mission is to collect Artifacts, and some artifacts give them knowledge & power etc. And for instance... the "Fire" village collect like.. ancient weaponry to strengthen them.

So yeah.

I want to make the Main characters, a girl & a boy.

Around 18-20 years of age.

So yeah.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The whole village idea including the Sand is already taken by Naruto.

If you want to grab people's attention, you really want to try something new, something that is completely unique in which will grab other people's attentions.

Instead, why not try Samurai?
    I know, not as cool as ninjas, however, it is worth a shot.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The whole village idea including the Sand is already taken by Naruto.

If you want to grab people's attention, you really want to try something new, something that is completely unique in which will grab other people's attentions.

Instead, why not try Samurai?
    I know, not as cool as ninjas, however, it is worth a shot.
    Samurai's.

Hmm.. sounds cool... but the thing is, I don't want it to be Modern..

I want like.. Jutsu! That Naruto has!

I want with mythical fighting and ancient Japanese energy or something.

So like.

I want something like jutsu's... Like.. techqniques.

And I need a type of energy.. "Chakra" is taken.. "Ki" is taken..

What else?

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Uh, to be technical, Samurai is a LOT more traditional than ninjas.

Naruto is COMPLETELY modernized.

Samurais also practice jutsu, and also train in hand to hand combat.

And for mythical fighting, you can always give them some really interesting attacks and or moves.

Chakra and Ki are always taken, but people use them anyway.
    Chi is one though.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Uh, to be technical, Samurai is a LOT more traditional than ninjas.

Naruto is COMPLETELY modernized.

Samurais also practice jutsu, and also train in hand to hand combat.

And for mythical fighting, you can always give them some really interesting attacks and or moves.

Chakra and Ki are always taken, but people use them anyway.
    Chi is one though.

Omg!

Thank you so much.

I got a story planned out.

Sorry for the repeated replying by the way.

I'll try use Chi.

And i'll create some awesome moves.

Thanks!

Just one last thing.. >_<

Where should I start it.

Let's say.. a small kid who learns to be a Samurai?

Or.. something.. that's what's bugging me... How do I start it.. I keep some idea's are copying others, and stuff. I'm so lost!

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The typical story plot involves a child seeking to avenge one's father/mother/sibling and whatnot.

Also, that beginning is way too simple.

Start in the complete heat of battle.

Then start with a flashback.

You can do some improvisations as you go along.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The typical story plot involves a child seeking to avenge one's father/mother/sibling and whatnot.

Also, that beginning is way too simple.

Start in the complete heat of battle.

Then start with a flashback.

You can do some improvisations as you go along.

You my friend. are absolute PWNAGE!

Thank you so much!

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

I was thinking about it and came up with an idea for your manga. What if there were a couple of scrolls that, when in your possession, allowed you to "know" all of the ninjutsu written on the scroll. Let's say there are two scrolls, and each contains one half of the full list of all possible ninjutsu. And when a person has both scrolls, they can use the "ultimate ninjutsu" or whatever. But, when you lose possession of a scroll, you forget all of the spells (unless you had already known them before obtaining the scroll).

I imagined a fight where two people with scrolls are fighting and trying to get both of them. They keep taking each other's and keep casting back and forth from the two spell lists.
    Last edited by Kojack; 05-29-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well it is always hard to start a story but once you get going it just comes right at you
    one thing you can do if it is ninjas is make up your own fighting styles for them
    and if it is kinda gonna be based on DBZ then sure you can have them use powers but try making your own style for those too I know that is the hardest part but if you do that I'm sure it'll be a good manga
    And in case you didn't know there is a software program that draws manga for you it is called manga studio you can get online or in a store
    I have used it a few times and I like it
    and if you don't want a total copy off of DBZ then make a hole new thing for the characters to find or nothing at all maybe they just have to beet a powerful monster in the end or something like that
    Sorry it is not very good but I have just started drawing manga myself too so ya good luck with it I hope this helps and pm me when ever and i can show a few other things you can use to make your manga
    Gero Server Guru

Member Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_ has a reputation beyond repute Yuri_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2008 04:25 AM
    Threads

Well, as an author I can tell you that researching didn't really help me get an idea. XD; I mean, yeah it did clear out the subject that I was approaching but researching didn't tell me what my subject was and you just can't random terms and hope they intrest you and spark something in you that you'd think would make a good manga, right? So instead of asking other people, you should try and think of your story line. Try to think of the &quot;main point&quot; in the story. Like for example, the main point in Fruits Basket would have to be a cursed family turning into Zodiac animals. So after you have that main point, you think of a beginning, a perfect ending, and then you start filling up the middle. Hope that helped~
    Last edited by Yuri_; 05-29-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Start it by introducing the main characters according to the way they act. If they are a clumsy character then introduce them running up a hill and then running into something then toppling over, or if they are a quiet and ignorant kind of person then introduce them just walking down a path narrating their lives and what they are like and stuff.

I would not know though, art and similar things to art are not really my strong points. ^^;
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kojack View Post
    I was thinking about it and came up with an idea for your manga. What if there were a couple of scrolls that, when in your possession, allowed you to "know" all of the ninjutsu written on the scroll. Let's say there are two scrolls, and each contains one half of the full list of all possible ninjutsu. And when a person has both scrolls, they can use the "ultimate ninjutsu" or whatever. But, when you lose possession of a scroll, you forget all of the spells (unless you had already known them before obtaining the scroll).

I imagined a fight where two people with scrolls are fighting and trying to get both of them. They keep taking each other's and keep casting back and forth from the two spell lists.
    The thing is, it sounds like Naruto.. Naruto has the fox.. and if it goes away.. he's useless.. I want my character to actually be STRONG without any advantages.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri_ View Post
    Well, as an author I can tell you that researching didn't really help me get an idea. XD; I mean, yeah it did clear out the subject that I was approaching but researching didn't tell me what my subject was and you just can't random terms and hope they intrest you and spark something in you that you'd think would make a good manga, right? So instead of asking other people, you should try and think of your story line. Try to think of the &quot;main point&quot; in the story. Like for example, the main point in Fruits Basket would have to be a cursed family turning into Zodiac animals. So after you have that main point, you think of a beginning, a perfect ending, and then you start filling up the middle. Hope that helped~

It did help, thank you very much for the advice. =]

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Raiton View Post
    The thing is, it sounds like Naruto.. Naruto has the fox.. and if it goes away.. he's useless.. I want my character to actually be STRONG without any advantages.
    Oh, sorry ^^; I've only seen 1 or 2 episodes of Naruto, so I don't really know what it's about other than what I infer from people talking about it.

The Fallen Dream™ shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 03:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Desert Scout PSN ID: DetraUnited Steam ID: DSRTscout

The whole idea of getting the story is usually one to focus on the most. From what I've seen (and what I'm currently doin') a good story helps keep things in line.
    If it hasn't already been said, have you come up with back stories for the characters? If not, do so. Also try gettin' suggestions from other friends at school or somethin'. From what I see already you're gettin' good suggestions which is good.
    "An inspiration of faith and science only to be shunned...is called a Fallen Dream"

^Thank you Karuto^

Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

Me and my friends are currently making an anime. lol

| PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    Well it is always hard to start a story but once you get going it just comes right at you
    one thing you can do if it is ninjas is make up your own fighting styles for them
    and if it is kinda gonna be based on DBZ then sure you can have them use powers but try making your own style for those too I know that is the hardest part but if you do that I'm sure it'll be a good manga
    And in case you didn't know there is a software program that draws manga for you it is called manga studio you can get online or in a store
    I have used it a few times and I like it
    and if you don't want a total copy off of DBZ then make a hole new thing for the characters to find or nothing at all maybe they just have to beet a powerful monster in the end or something like that
    Sorry it is not very good but I have just started drawing manga myself too so ya good luck with it I hope this helps and pm me when ever and i can show a few other things you can use to make your manga

Hey thanks, i've downloaded a trial of Manga Studio.

Problem is.. Its Very Difficult to use.

If I could use a few tips?

Senior Member Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2011 02:34 AM
    Threads

I'm in.. my drawings are on the "Fan Art" thread.. so if you're interested let me know. ^^

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

That sound kinda like a mixture of Gurren Lagann and Galaxy Angels. lol.

Try Modernized Ancient as a theme. And for that theme, I recommend watching Atlantis. Just some non-professional advice.
    Over-saturating since '07

Legendary super sayain Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973 is infamous around these parts Tenchu1973's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2008 05:35 PM
    Threads

Yeah and also in order to create manga you must do some Character creations and what roles they are played take for example

Zenchu Darkten}---Role: the leader of a cult called "Dark Rage" (Bad)

Tenny}----Role: a normal schoolboy who found a mystery artifact and soon his life changed forever (good)

the siggie was made by animelegend713
    The saiyan family
    sis-Ayame-Sohma, Lilixia
    little sis-baby wolf pup, Rini
    bro-demon lord dante
    bro-2 unknown
    mum- angel-hinata, Gothic-vampire and Inostu Akuhei, Neo-srenity (both are in realchat)
    dad-Alucard, Sasuke100
    gran-unkown
    granpa-unkown

neice-
    nephew-
    gf-
    cousin-twilight goddess
    Son-
    Daughter- SweetangelMelody (in realchat)

plzzzz people if u like to be in my family.....pm me plzzz i'm so alone

Member Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2008 01:48 PM
    Threads

I am currently making several manga but I'm probably not doing how you're supposed to. XD I am creating the story in my head without writing anything down. However, I am drawing out the characters, their past, and their roles
    Boku wa Ninja da yo!

Member larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

One Very good piece of advice for writing down a manga/comic story, Today there really no True original ideas, you are taking somehow an idea from somewhere else. Just simply use it and twist it differently, to make it original.
    --------------------------------------
    Try my YouTube stuff.
    Just search my username on YT!
    ---------------------------------------

Member Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu has a reputation beyond repute Karin Rengu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2008 01:48 PM
    Threads

You worded that very well larivermm. It pisses me off that there is nothing original left though
    Boku wa Ninja da yo!

Closed Thread

Thread Information