AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: I have a confession (spoilers)

Junior Member Valonsire will become famous soon enough Valonsire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2008 07:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I have a confession (spoilers)

I am one of those people who, after watching an anime with a very sad ending, sulk for days. I watched the Last OVA for Rurouni Kenshin and I was heartbroken. As ashamed as I am, I cried so hard in those last final moments, and I felt the pain that Kaoru was feeling, and I felt all that sadness. I have seen animes where people die, but I have never felt it hit me so hard as it did with the death of Kenshin. For me, Kenshin was not only a fictional character in some anime, but he was a real being. He came to life for me. It was almost as if I was watching a real person go on with his painful life of sorrow. The greatest sadness is that I know there will be no more Kenshin, but I yearn for more. I have made this thread to get these feelings of sadness off of my shoulders, and I encourage everyone else who feels the same way to do the same. I am aware that this is very unusual, but I could care less. I hope the day comes where I can finally accept that Kenshin is in peace, no matter how fictional he is.

Member ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2008 07:50 PM
    Threads

Oh no, I'm 100% certian you're not the only one who thinks like that. I always get way too emotionally attatched to characters in anime, that when they die or something else that's bad happens to thim I really do burst into tears. They just hold a certian place in my heart, so it's kinda sad to watch that kind of stuff. I haven't seen Kenshin, nor do I plan on it, but I know how it feels when a character, very important to your heart, dies.

Just letting you know you're not the only one.

(end emotional paragraph of nothing)
    Siggie By YukiOnna. Thanks so much! ^^

Nukedashitette
    Nukedashitette
    Kanashisugiru unmei kara
    Anata wa naraku no hana ja nai...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I thank you for those words. Here I thought there was something wrong with me, but it seems that fortunatly I was wrong. I don't enjoy this feeling of sadness at all, but I can't do anything to shake it off. I'm even wary to watch other anime's now because I do not want the same thing to happen. When I read what people post about the OVA, they say that either it sucks or that he deserves it or that it was all as expected. I wonder if they're also trying to cover up their feelings as well. I would never say that the ending sucks, because truly it doesn't. Those reactions are too blunt and harsh. I can understand why they would say that, but I think that they say that because they can't actually accuratly explain what it feels like to have part of you die when you see something so depressing as a character close to you dying, either in the real world or otherwise. Whenever I see a series like Rurouni Kenshin, I never want it to stop. I want to see every single moment of his life, and it truly hurts when you know that its all over, just like a door being slammed shut in your face.

Banned Forum / Chat teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bleach Kon Ice Cream Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 02:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Maybe your reaction is too much. o_o I mean... being depressed over a sad ending for couple of days is normal. but crying so hard over it and do what you did? O_o;

Anywho. Read Rouroni Kenshin's manga. That'll cheer you up. =) Why not read the original story that has a happy or better ending?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thats exactly what I'm afraid of... I don't know if that should be happening...

Member devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc has a reputation beyond repute devil.inc's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2008 06:10 AM
    Threads

me feels the same... The last OVA was so damn sad.... why the hell did Kenshin HAVE to DIE???? :'( well i didn't cry when i was watching the OVA, but i burst out when i went to sleep...

eagle-eyed >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_>'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2008 11:33 AM
    I am born in South Korea but I live in the Philippinesc",
    Threads

Rurouni Kenshin was a great anime. It's one of the animes doubtedly I'll never forget. I used to share the same feelings as you but that was way before.

tag and render by me.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I thank you all, for it seems Im not alone. Hopefully I will feel better very soon, but I will never forget how great of an experience it was.

Junior Member HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 10:52 AM
    Threads

If you want to feel better more quickly, read the manga for the real ending. It's a guaranteed pick-me-up!
    Call me Scarred Sword Heart!

Fanfiction Haru ni Sakura Yahiko no Sakabatou

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

No offense, but I didn't see the point of the OVA. Yeah.. but it was kinda lame. True I was upset it was over, but hey, it means there's more room for other shows. And no I don't watch anime for gods' sakes. I only know about it because of all the anime freaks that live around here. And the ending of the manga was.. lame. Pretty how most anime's end. Characters die and the two main characters get together. Bla bla.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

eagle-eyed >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_>'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2008 11:33 AM
    I am born in South Korea but I live in the Philippinesc",
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Spec View Post
    No offense, but I didn't see the point of the OVA. Yeah.. but it was kinda lame. True I was upset it was over, but hey, it means there's more room for other shows. And no I don't watch anime for gods' sakes. I only know about it because of all the anime freaks that live around here. And the ending of the manga was.. lame. Pretty how most anime's end. Characters die and the two main characters get together. Bla bla.
    What, trying to be cool or something? wth dude! Excuse you But what forums are you on?

I cant imagine how you got those post counts if you dont watch anime and yet, your heRe?
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 05-26-2008 at 05:41 PM.

tag and render by me.

Junior Member HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@ Hi Spec: If you dislike anime and manga, why are you a member of this board?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No offense taken, I'm not here to discuss the OVA. I'm just letting my feelings be known and to find others who feel the same.

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by >_o_aiglos_o_> View Post
    What, trying to be cool or something? wth dude! Excuse you But what forums are you on?

I cant imagine how you got those post counts if you dont watch anime and yet, your heRe?
    Um. I'm stating the facts. And I USED to watch anime. When I was a careless brat who wanted to be what the anime characters were. o_O' I'm a twenty year old man with a life who doesn't really care for anime. Some animes I care for. Ludwig no Kakumei, The Cain Saga, Shakugan no Shana, Samurai Deeper Kyou, and mostly violent ones that haven't been screwed by american dubbers. Kay? If you don't like it, don't complain to me about it. Kthnx.

FYI. I have a life. :x

------------( OFFTOPICSTUFF )--------------

.... I still find this funny. Don't try to pick a fight with me, kiddies. It won't work. Dx You'll end up emotionally hurt over the computer. And FYI. Stop trying to insult people who know what they're talking about. Don't deny the truth.
    Last edited by Sawada Ieyasu; 06-03-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: You suck, you know that? Brat. <3 LOOOONNN!!
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Member larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

Just leave dude. You MUST be in the moment and be waist deep in anime crapnitude to be here on this forum. It's the general situation of an argument of 2 people both assume they know the truth, putting it into a stand-still.
    (FYI, stop using FYI.)

But on the main topic of this thread;
    Heartwarming, sad anime stories bore me, so I could careless.
    --------------------------------------
    Try my YouTube stuff.
    Just search my username on YT!
    ---------------------------------------

duke of uberpwnage kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 12:18 PM
    Threads

yah seriouly lay off. valonshire u rock for making this thread and having the balls to admit your feelings to a crap load of strangers and friends. i miss kenshin too. but imagine how much better he would have done with a real sword.........

furries suck. plain and simple.

Also, kenshin pwns all other swordsmen
    "Brooklin Rage, in America!"

Senior Member xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2008 10:16 AM
    Threads

[quote=>_o_aiglos_o_>;2044841]Rurouni Kenshin was a great anime. It's one of the animes doubtedly I'll never forget.quote]

well i am still the same way with all the anime that i watch.

Junior Member Anemone92 has a spectacular aura about Anemone92 has a spectacular aura about Anemone92 has a spectacular aura about Anemone92's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2008 05:38 PM
    Threads

I know what you mean about kenshin you get strangely attached I found starting to watch another anime straight away helps you forget about it.

Senior Member xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx has a reputation beyond repute xXdark_angel_nekoXx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ya that is so true. but hey kenshin was the greatest anime that i have seen in a while.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Kenshin's the greatest. Sure, there are others I like and am currently following (Naruto), but nothing can make me forget RK. I just keep going back to it.

Senior Member Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu has a reputation beyond repute Otosu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2008 11:42 AM
    Threads

Wowsers. I cried too, but I didn't spiral into a state of depression... And as much as it pains me to say it, Kenshin is not real. His fictional life was very tragic, and I'm glad he found fictional happiness at the end, but he is fictional. Very much so. Just ask Nobuhiro Watsuki.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Otosu View Post
    Wowsers. I cried too, but I didn't spiral into a state of depression... And as much as it pains me to say it, Kenshin is not real. His fictional life was very tragic, and I'm glad he found fictional happiness at the end, but he is fictional. Very much so. Just ask Nobuhiro Watsuki.
    well with that you have ruin the moment.

Senior Member Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2009 01:42 PM
    Threads

My mom bought me the very first DVD and very last DVD for X-mas a few years back. And I FINALLY got around to buying all 3 seasons. I saw what I could on Cartoon Network, but.. ya know.. I didn't feel quite right watching that sad ending and not knowing Kenshin fully. Sadly, my second season 1st disc was all scratched up, so I'm having them re-order it for me.. but I'm sure I'll feel the same as you when I have the whole of Kenshins life. And yes, you so rock for making this thread - It's how I felt about Kamina from Gurren Lagann.. Seriously... Why'd he have to die. He's like the jesus of anime. Anyway. You rock. ^_^

EDIT: Otosu, you're right, but the memories we have of those fictional characters are very real, and those memories impact us in a very real manner, that they do. (lol)
    Last edited by Sashikizu; 08-07-2008 at 12:46 AM.
    けんわかつのひと。

師ヲ出ダシテ未ダ捷タズ、身先ズ死ス。

Member Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze has a reputation beyond repute Flame Haze's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2008 03:17 PM
    Threads

Response to original post:

I've felt really sad when anime characters die too. I think I've cried a few times, it's hard not to when you watch dozens of episodes and it's a really sad scene. People cry during sad movies, too, so it's not strange.

Closed Thread

Thread Information