AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tomb Raider: Better graphics: easier game?

Senior Member JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 01:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Tomb Raider: Better graphics: easier game?

Tomb Raider 1 was the first Tomb Raider I played when I was 11. Now, perhaps it was a result of the young age as well as the graphics (which mind you, wowed me) in those days, but it took me 2 years to complete the game! Ever since, that game has been one of my favourites and I baught every single Tomb Raider out there up till Legend for the PC. Legend is the only TR I played on Playstation.

I loved Legend; good story, beautiful graphics and lots of fun. However, I soon realised that the game was... well... easy! It took me a week to complete, compared to the months it took me for the previous Tomb Raiders. And, let's not forget: it was very short!

My guess is because of the new gameplay:

- there is supposedly more freedom, but instead, it's a very linear game. With the new and improved graphics, you can almost tell where Lara has to go next. In the older games, the world was huge and you had NO HELP what-so-ever, esp. in the first game. In Legend, they actually give you too much help.
    - Some puzzles did take me some time in Legend, but generally, there were puzzeles that didn't require you to look for keys and such. In the older games, you would travel FAR just to get a peace that can open a gate for you.

When I heard they were remaking the first one you can imagine my joy. The nostalgia it would bring! But when I checked out the trailers (reviews inclusive) on GameTrailers, I noticed that while swinging, they actually guide you and tell you to press X and all that nonsense. I don't want the help, that makes a game easy!

So, has anybody played Tomb Raider Anniversary? Is it what you hoped for or was it a dissapointment? Please let me know!

Also, if you think that the better graphics are making shorter and easier Tomb Raider games, OR if you don't, please have your say.

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

better graphics will nearly always result in a shorter game, because the graphics take up more memory on the disc, so less can go in to the story in terms of length and free roaming
    as for them getting easier, i agree with with u totally. i dont play a lot of tomb raider games, but most games ive played tend to have the sequels much easier than the original.

Senior Member JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 01:42 AM
    Threads

Hey, thanks for replying! But there's something I still don't get:

If you look at games like Final Fantasy, their world is HUGE and the graphics are pretty good. That, and it takes a really long time to finish an RPG. I think they shouldn't offer in-game help in the TR series anymore. Stunning visuals shouldn't dominate the fun aspect of a game right?

Closed Thread

Thread Information