AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranma 1/2 & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Crossover Fanfiction: "Heroes in a 1/2 Shel"

Junior Member Plainview is on a distinguished road Plainview's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2008 12:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Don't know the code

Default Ranma 1/2 & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Crossover Fanfiction: "Heroes in a 1/2 Shel"

This is my first fanfiction and for my first I knew I wanted to do a Ranma fanfic since it's the easiest and I wanted to do a crossover making it even more easy. So I looked for a crossover that has never been done before (Not anything that shows up on Google search anyway.) and behold; the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I posted it on Fanfiction.net where so far it's been pretty well-received, but every time I try to advertise it on a forum people don't give it a chance. They say they're way too different to ever work (Which I don't see what's so different about them besides one being a Japanese cartoon about fighting and the other being an American cartoon about fighting. I mean, if you look at it, it's not that ridiculous of a concept. Hell I've seen Ranma/Akira crossovers and somehow that's more logical than this?), anyway, I digress.

So since this is my first fanfic I've been looking for people to read it and review it, I hunger for any sort of criticism, negative or positive. Being a huge fan of both shows I personally think that I have brilliantly (or at least as brilliant as fanfiction can get) spliced the two's stories to make they work in harmony with each other. I didn't do any changes to either of the stories (besides a few character detail hiccups on the ninja turtles side), I made sure to check all my Ranma sources so that there's no alternate universe crap (I stress this since it's an anime forum and I can only suppose you'll want that part to be the most accurate), of course if you wanna be a tight ***; I'm sure I made a few mistakes with some elements of the Ranma universe but I can't spot them.

So without further ado (I have 7 out of 10 chapters completed, but the site that this link leads to only has the prologue, chapter 1, and chapter 2. I'll post more granted I get some readers. And in chapter 2, for some reason, there's these little "Â" symbols at the end of each sentence, I don't know why they're there, they weren't in the original text and I can't fix them, so just try and ignore them.);

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/153971

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

If you want more readers/critiques might I suggest posting all the chapters here? As it stands, one has to be registered with that site in order to leave comments. You might entice people to read it, but you'll be harder pressed to entice them to read it, and register to comment on it.

As we ask that chapters be posted in their own threads here, you could theoretically be increasing your number of views simply by having 10 threads for one story.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post
    If you want more readers/critiques might I suggest posting all the chapters here? As it stands, one has to be registered with that site in order to leave comments. You might entice people to read it, but you'll be harder pressed to entice them to read it, and register to comment on it.

As we ask that chapters be posted in their own threads here, you could theoretically be increasing your number of views simply by having 10 threads for one story.
    Thanks for the tip, I guess I'll try that. I didn't know that you had to sign in in order to read it.
    Last edited by Plainview; 05-20-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Not to read it, but you need to be a member to comment on it ^^ I checked.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Not to read it, but you need to be a member to comment on it ^^ I checked.
    Oh, well can't they just read it there and comment on it here? Either way I posted the first chapter on the site. Still no business, but I kind of expected that after seeing that most of all the fanfictions are Naruto.

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

They could, but my experience has been people are more comfortable reading and commenting on something posted on-site rather than off. We have more than Naruto, but you'll have to give it some time. It is an unusual fandom mix.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

They could, but my experience has been people are more comfortable reading and commenting on something posted on-site rather than off. We have more than Naruto, but you'll have to give it some time. It is an unusual fandom mix.
    Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm pretty sure this will receive no reads at all.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It hought there would be drawings.*sad*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information