AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Digimon or Pokemon

  1. #26
    Member jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828 is infamous around these parts jplaya828's Avatar
    Gil
    1,460.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2009 11:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    24
    Threads
    14
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Pokemon Release Date: 1995
    Digimon Release date: 1995
    they're released same year theirs your answer

  2. #27
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,489.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    2243
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default

    Pokemon came first. Its hard to tell for some, depending on what you mean (the anime being first, the franchise being first, etc) and who you ask.

    Pokemon, the franchise, came first overall, with Pokemon Red and Green being released in Japan on February, 27 1996 (the Blue version did not come out until October 15). The Digimon Virtual Pet did not come out until June 1997, more than a full year later. The Digimon Virtual Pet is indeed based off of the Tamagotchi but it is because of this that proves Digimon came after Pokemon. The Tamagotchi did not come out in Japan until November 1996, eight months after Pokemon did and since Digimon is based off of the Tamagotchi, they came even later than that. By the time the Digimon Virtual Pets came out in Japan, the people in United States had Tamagotchis of their own!

    In the United States, however, the Digimon Virtual Pet came here in early 1998, a few months before the release of Pokemon Red and Blue on September 1 1998. So, the Digimon franchise came to America first, which is why some Americans believe that Digimon came first. However, which anime came first is a different story.

    The Pokemon anime came first, with the first episode premiering in Japan on March 27, 1997 and the series actually starting on April 1, 1997. In the United States, it premiered on September 8, 1998. The Digimon anime did not come around until March 6, 1999 with the premiere of the movie Digimon Adventure. The anime started the next day, sharing the name of the movie. The anime did not come to the United States until August 14, 1999. However, because most people didn't even know about the release (or existence) of the first Digimon Virtual Pets in the United States, most people assumed that Digimon was just a "rip-off" or a "copy" of Pokemon (mostly because of the "-mon" at the end, despite the fact that the two shows barely have any similarities between them beyond this) and did not watch it at first.

    If you live in another country, its hard to tell which came first. For example, Pokemon Red and Blue did not come out in Europe until October 1, 1999. By this time, the Digimon anime had been out for almost 7 months!
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  3. #28
    What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    25,080.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dude Ranch
    Age
    22
    Threads
    46
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    3376

    Default

    Pokemon was aired in the UK before Digimon. So that probably means Pkmn was made first then Digimon followed it over here.






  4. #29
    Ninja Hamster TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight has a reputation beyond repute TKTwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    3,180.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 04:05 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Out of Hiding
    Age
    22
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Pokemon came first. Its hard to tell for some, depending on what you mean (the anime being first, the franchise being first, etc) and who you ask.

    Pokemon, the franchise, came first overall, with Pokemon Red and Green being released in Japan on February, 27 1996 (the Blue version did not come out until October 15). The Digimon Virtual Pet did not come out until June 1997, more than a full year later. The Digimon Virtual Pet is indeed based off of the Tamagotchi but it is because of this that proves Digimon came after Pokemon. The Tamagotchi did not come out in Japan until November 1996, eight months after Pokemon did and since Digimon is based off of the Tamagotchi, they came even later than that. By the time the Digimon Virtual Pets came out in Japan, the people in United States had Tamagotchis of their own!

    In the United States, however, the Digimon Virtual Pet came here in early 1998, a few months before the release of Pokemon Red and Blue on September 1 1998. So, the Digimon franchise came to America first, which is why some Americans believe that Digimon came first. However, which anime came first is a different story.

    The Pokemon anime came first, with the first episode premiering in Japan on March 27, 1997 and the series actually starting on April 1, 1997. In the United States, it premiered on September 8, 1998. The Digimon anime did not come around until March 6, 1999 with the premiere of the movie Digimon Adventure. The anime started the next day, sharing the name of the movie. The anime did not come to the United States until August 14, 1999. However, because most people didn't even know about the release (or existence) of the first Digimon Virtual Pets in the United States, most people assumed that Digimon was just a "rip-off" or a "copy" of Pokemon (mostly because of the "-mon" at the end, despite the fact that the two shows barely have any similarities between them beyond this) and did not watch it at first.

    If you live in another country, its hard to tell which came first. For example, Pokemon Red and Blue did not come out in Europe until October 1, 1999. By this time, the Digimon anime had been out for almost 7 months!
    Wow, that clears a lot up. But who really cares which came first?

    Sig by Evokzi.

    TKTwilight: For When Some People Need Awesomeness In Their Lives.

    I've been gone for a while because of an incident that happened because somebody had Hacked my account and I was Waiting until people forgot about it, but now I'll be on more often!

  5. #30
    Senior Member Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue has a reputation beyond repute Sakurablue's Avatar
    Gil
    6,340.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2008 01:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shinigami World
    Age
    19
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    311

    Default

    I say pokemon all the way

  6. #31
    Junior Member sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess's Avatar
    Gil
    320.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2008 12:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    BatonRouge Louisana
    Age
    28
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajiwara View Post
    Well, Pokemon was airred here before Digimon was..therefore I saw Digimon as a rip-off version. T'is a shame that they dubbed Pokemon so crap though, they even renamed all of the characters. I mean, how did they get the name "Ash Ketchum" from the name Satoshi? And "Misty" from Kasumi? Tracey Sketchit.....come on!! What the hell is that?! Just because he likes drawing..
    They always change the name of the characters in animes when they come from Japan to the states. I'm not sure why but they always do. They did the same with sailormoon. In Japan the main characters name is Usagi but here in the states its Serina
    SailorMoon Fanatic

    If anyone is on neopets look me up on either pikminprincess or unicorn2890

  7. #32
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,489.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    2243
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailor scout princess View Post
    They always change the name of the characters in animes when they come from Japan to the states. I'm not sure why but they always do. They did the same with sailormoon. In Japan the main characters name is Usagi but here in the states its Serina
    They change the names of the characters to "Americanize" the show. Changing the names makes it easier for kids to remember the names of the characters and to keep up with the plot. The names they come up for the characters are not completely made up. For example, in Sailor Moon, "Usagi" is changed to "Serena" in the United States. Her new name comes from "Serenity", the name she had in her past life. "Mamoru" is changed to "Darien". Both names mean "protector". They did make the names of the characters up but whether or not they are good names is up to the audience.

    In recent years, most anime companies have actually cut back on doing this, as most kids are attracted to Japanese shows, even with the strange, foreign names.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  8. #33
    Member djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni has a reputation beyond repute djinni's Avatar
    Gil
    1,540.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2008 06:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    From Seoul->Manila
    Age
    25
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    191

    Default

    It doesnt matter who comes first. Pokemon are much cuter!~

  9. #34
    Junior Member sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess has a reputation beyond repute sailor scout princess's Avatar
    Gil
    320.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2008 12:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    BatonRouge Louisana
    Age
    28
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    They change the names of the characters to "Americanize" the show. Changing the names makes it easier for kids to remember the names of the characters and to keep up with the plot. The names they come up for the characters are not completely made up. For example, in Sailor Moon, "Usagi" is changed to "Serena" in the United States. Her new name comes from "Serenity", the name she had in her past life. "Mamoru" is changed to "Darien". Both names mean "protector". They did make the names of the characters up but whether or not they are good names is up to the audience.

    In recent years, most anime companies have actually cut back on doing this, as most kids are attracted to Japanese shows, even with the strange, foreign names.
    i like the names they come up with ecspecially serina its very pretty but at least now i know why they change the names of the characters
    SailorMoon Fanatic

    If anyone is on neopets look me up on either pikminprincess or unicorn2890

  10. #35
    Junior Member Hikari Seishin is on a distinguished road Hikari Seishin's Avatar
    Gil
    20.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2008 07:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    DIGIMON!! Its better, it has heart, its not as repetive as Pokemon (Im talking about the original, not the dubbed Digimon) And yes. Digimon was first, I swear it!! It was a tamogotchi first, then it expanded into manga, anime and other stuff. Pokemon came out a year later. POKEMON is the copy. Digimon rocks!!

  11. #36
    The Ramen Girl rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU's Avatar
    Gil
    32,960.00
    Gender
    My Mood
    Busy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2010 12:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    just beside him... ^^,
    Age
    27
    Threads
    33
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    1619

    Default

    i prefer pokemon, why??

    i just do...
    ^_^
    "When You have eliminated the IMPOSSIBLE, whatever remains, however IMPROBABLE, must be the TRUTH" -Detective Conan



    "I'm not ready yet... It's been three years and I still can't greet him" -Hinata Hyuga

  12. #37
    Junior Member MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin has a reputation beyond repute MemoriesWithin's Avatar
    Gil
    220.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2008 03:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    if i told you, i'd have to kill you
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I always thought Pokémon
    but after reading through this thread,
    I'm not sure anymore lol.
    But I like both anyways so I don't really care.

  13. #38
    Senior Member SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji's Avatar
    Gil
    2,280.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2008 06:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Neo-Venezia :p
    Age
    25
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    147

    Default

    Pokemon is the first, and the monsters are cuter than digimon.
    Digimon also use '-mon' on every monster, and it makes digimon cooler than pokemon...i guess.

  14. #39
    e'Clair is here.. kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD's Avatar
    Gil
    4,400.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2009 04:56 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ~//-l{Philippines}l-//~
    Age
    20
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    357

    Default

    i'm not a fan of pokemon..
    so i prefer digimon.
    ~//-{ErialCcClairE}-//~

    Made by me

    Donation is Needed

  15. #40
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,489.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    2243
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Seishin View Post
    DIGIMON!! Its better, it has heart, its not as repetive as Pokemon (Im talking about the original, not the dubbed Digimon) And yes. Digimon was first, I swear it!! It was a tamogotchi first, then it expanded into manga, anime and other stuff. Pokemon came out a year later. POKEMON is the copy. Digimon rocks!!
    Other than your extremely skewed opinion of why Digimon came first, you are wrong in all of your other points; some I have already explained .

    Digimon did not start out as a Tamagotchi. It was called the Digimon Virtual Pet and it was based off of the Tamagotchi. However, since Tamagotchis came out AFTER the Pokemon games, the Digimon Virtual Pets came out much later. Since the Digimon Virtual Pets did not come out until June 1997, Digimon was the one that came out a year later, as the first Pokemon games came out in February 1996.

    There was a Digimon manga. The very first volume was planned for release in 1997 (around the same time as the Pokemon manga) but it never got off the ground. It was not released until November of 1998, well after the Pokemon manga (by this time, Americans were playing Pokemon video games for the first time!).

    The Pokemon anime came out almost TWO YEARS before the Digimon anime came out (and the first time it came out, it was a movie, not an anime).

    So, even if Digimon "rocks", it does not change the fact that it simply came after Pokemon. I doesn't matter whether or not you like Pokemon. And like I said before, these two anime do not copy each other. They barely have anything in common besides the monsters and that both of them end in -mon !
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 08-20-2008 at 04:36 AM.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  16. #41
    Senior Member SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji has a reputation beyond repute SoRen-Ji's Avatar
    Gil
    2,280.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2008 06:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Neo-Venezia :p
    Age
    25
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Other than your extremely skewed opinion of why Digimon came first, you are wrong in all of your other points; some I have already explained .

    Digimon did not start out as a Tamagotchi. It was called the Digimon Virtual Pet and it was based off of the Tamagotchi. However, since Tamagotchis came out AFTER the Pokemon games, the Digimon Virtual Pets came out much later. Since the Digimon Virtual Pets did not come out until June 1997, Digimon was the one that came out a year later, as the first Pokemon games came out in February 1996.

    There was a Digimon manga. The very first volume was planned for release in 1997 (around the same time as the Pokemon manga) but it never got off the ground. It was not released until November of 1998, well after the Pokemon manga (by this time, Americans were playing Pokemon video games for the first time!).

    The Pokemon anime came out almost TWO YEARS before the Digimon anime came out (and the first time it came out, it was a movie, not an anime).

    So, even if Digimon "rocks", it does not change the fact that it simply came after Pokemon. I doesn't matter whether or not you like Pokemon. And like I said before, these two anime do not copy each other. They barely have anything in common besides the monsters and that both of them end in -mon !
    Hoho~ it really seems like you're so....upset? ^^
    (don't mind, it's just a joke ^^)
    ^_^ ~..ara ara..~ ^_^
    ...Hazukashi Hazukashi Hazukashi Hazukashi Hazukashi Hazukashi...
    "Hazukashi Serifu Kinshi!"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Will you get the new Pokemon games
    By .com person in forum Video Games
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
  2. What is you'r favorite Pokemon Animal?
    By Water Angel in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
  3. What's better, Pokemon Sapphire or Pokemon Ruby?
    By Sexy Angel in forum Video Games
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 08:24 PM
  4. POKEMON EMERALD...r u getting it?
    By Chi#1 in forum Video Games
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 12:54 AM
  5. The Latest Pokemon Episodes
    By PokemonTrainerLisa in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 02:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts