AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stupid inventions

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default stupid inventions

im just curious to see what people think are the stupidest inventions mankinds ever come up with

my 2 personal favourites are as follows
    1. mini flinging trebuchet

this was created on a TV program called Scrapheap Challenge. the teams were set the task of flinging minis as far as possible. one team, comprised of farmers with strong accents, built a trebuchet.

the arm collapsed and it destroyed itself in a spectacular way

2. Rocket powered barbecue

probably more dangerous than the trebuchet, the barbecue was built by richard hammond for a program called top ground gear force. they were tasked with doing up a garden and he built a barbecue with a rotissery made out of a V1 doodlebug engine.

this is the only picture i could find, but u can see the stupidity of it by the look on the guy on the rights face

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think any inventions are stupid, and everyone of them have their uses, whether for a small or big reason. Why invent something that is stupid that you won't use for much of anything anyways?? 0.0

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This one:

Long-haired and dont want to have hair in the food?
    Then this is the invention for you!

Are not sure if any use it thought, hahah! ^_^
    Regards : SuXrys

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter Uk View Post
    im just curious to see what people think are the stupidest inventions mankinds ever come up with

my 2 personal favourites are as follows
    1. mini flinging trebuchet

this was created on a TV program called Scrapheap Challenge. the teams were set the task of flinging minis as far as possible. one team, comprised of farmers with strong accents, built a trebuchet.

the arm collapsed and it destroyed itself in a spectacular way

2. Rocket powered barbecue

probably more dangerous than the trebuchet, the barbecue was built by richard hammond for a program called top ground gear force. they were tasked with doing up a garden and he built a barbecue with a rotissery made out of a V1 doodlebug engine.

this is the only picture i could find, but u can see the stupidity of it by the look on the guy on the rights face
    Those aren't particularly stupid inventions. The latter is proof of concept, and the former is part of a competition.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

The trebushay at one time was a great weapon, today it is a toy for big boys.
    But yes I think that some inventions are stupid, thus some products are stupid.
    for example pogs.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The inflatable anchor.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight View Post
    The trebushay at one time was a great weapon, today it is a toy for big boys.
    But yes I think that some inventions are stupid, thus some products are stupid.
    for example pogs.
    It's still pretty damn effective. In fact, probably even more effective today when buildings aren't made out of solid stone. While fragile and lacking range, they'll probably pack as much -- or more of a punch than a mid 20th century howitzer or mortar.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Atomic Annie begs to differ.
    But this is a different stupid invention.
    Last edited by demonplight; 05-14-2008 at 04:28 PM.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That is a gun or a gun-howitzer, and not a howitzer or a mortar. Either way, I was referring to to non-nuclear ammo and average weapons (not Big Bertha and the likes).

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

+

+
    Last edited by demonplight; 05-14-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    MySpace FaceBook

Senior Member Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2011 02:34 AM
    Threads

Noooo my taxessss... >.<!! Why?!!!

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

+

it's beautiful imo

But that's just my weird thoughts...

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

+
    How is that mid 20th century?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Crap Missed the mid part
    +

this one is so powerful it will actually stop the A-10 in the air from its recoil.
    American answer to the Soviet tank threat.
    Last edited by demonplight; 05-14-2008 at 05:06 PM.
    MySpace FaceBook

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

SLEEPINGBAGS WITH LEGS.

"In the case of a bear attack, now you can run away!"

WTH imagine someone in that outrunning a bear across the mountainside.
    Last edited by Ωmega; 05-15-2008 at 08:24 AM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    SLEEPINGBAGS WITH LEGS.

That looks uncomfortable, not that many sleeping bag are such.
    Last edited by Ωmega; 05-15-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    SLEEPINGBAGS WITH LEGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    That looks uncomfortable, not that many sleeping bag are such.
    And thank God for that!
    Its a good thought that you could run away from a predator, if you know how to get up without using the arms, I sure can not. I am dependence of my arms to stand up if I lie on the ground. And besides, while we are still talking about it; arms can be good to defense yourself from an attacker, why dont the sleeping bag have holes on the sides? That could be its development, new-and-improved! lol.

Heres another example of someone being ingenious:
    Do you want so save time in the garden? ---> Try this!
    Regards : SuXrys
    Last edited by SuXrys; 05-15-2008 at 09:21 AM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Them 'Holes' are a pretty stupid invention.

Blame this individual. Francis D. Hole. XD

Image Hosting
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2022 03:03 AM
    Threads

Screen doors. >.> They make look pretty but I find them the stupidest(is that even a word?) invention. They aren't very durable and they creak like a 90 year old prostitute.

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Crap Missed the mid part
    +

this one is so powerful it will actually stop the A-10 in the air from its recoil.

Those machines are SO cool!

All About POWAH! Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2011 10:24 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chii Motosuwa View Post
    I don't think any inventions are stupid, and everyone of them have their uses, whether for a small or big reason. Why invent something that is stupid that you won't use for much of anything anyways?? 0.0
    Look at this page and tell me if you still feel that way about it....

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Crap Missed the mid part
    +

That is an aircraft, not a peice of artillery, there is a huge difference you know.

And no invention is stupid, all inventions have their own purpose.

Oh and demon, its Trebuchet, not Trebushay.
    Last edited by The Governator; 05-15-2008 at 10:51 AM.

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by M I K E Y™ View Post
    And no invention is stupid
    your seriously saying a V1 JET POWERED BARBECUE isnt stupid?

in about 20 seconds it sent bits of raw chicken everywhere and burnt down a shed. how is that not stupid?
    Last edited by Drifter Uk; 05-15-2008 at 11:40 AM.

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Beanbags are a stupid invention. They don't even have real beans in them. They are just filled with LIES!!
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by M I K E Y™ View Post
    That is an aircraft, not a peice of artillery, there is a huge difference you know.

And no invention is stupid, all inventions have their own purpose.

Oh and demon, its Trebuchet, not Trebushay.
    That video is about the cannon mounted in it, not the aircraft it's self.
    MySpace FaceBook

Closed Thread

Thread Information