AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Just can't seem to get it right!

Member Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2008 10:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Just can't seem to get it right!

I've been struggling on this w/p for a few days now and for some reason I can't seem to get it to my liking. I wanted it to just be something simple, but that isn't the case now. I think I've gone blind with the cutting of the image. It took quite a while to cut. But I'm just not satisfied with the cut. Anyone here care to give some advice to this poor dragon?

Here's the first edit:
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...zen-Douji1.jpg

And this would be the second edit:
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...zen-Douji2.jpg

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The colours do not work, the character just sticks out of the background like it doesn't belong there. Text is kind of hard to read - font itself is OK, but the positioning is kinda boring and the red outlining on black text does not look that well. The texture in the 2nd revision makes the background a bit better, but another image of the character is only distracting.
    Try playing around with photo stocks/textures, consider using tools like this one to generate a nice colour scheme for the background.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Muzzy's right there. It's all unfitting and boring. try to use black and white there with some white text. Play with the fonts some more and also character placement.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

They are indeed unfitting and boring and does not suit the character.Although the character is eye catching 'cus of the colours.And as Karuto said you should try black and white or maybe stick to the colour scheme of the character and have better text
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Member Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Scraped that b/g completely and came up with this for a b/g that matched what was going on with him a bit better.

Konzen edit 3

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Getting closer...

But don't bevel/Emboss the extract. I used to do that, and it gave a horrible effect. Trust me there. And the whole theme of your wall needs to be darker. That grey stuff won't work. I told you, use a black bg and convert everything including the extract into black and white. Then add the text with an appropriate font on top of the extract or something.

Try it...experiment a little more. Thinking out of the box never hurt anone before ^^

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Is that a texture??
    And yes once again I agree with Karo-chan..
    With the whole black bg and better font ect.
    And yeah I much preffer this new than the other two...
    Why not maybe download some grunge brushes??
    I think it will make your wall more better and keep
    the splatter brush you have on your wall, since the
    character has blood.
    Anyway well done on your 3rd attempt ^^
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

stalk me

Senior Member Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2008 09:36 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Agree with ichigo and karuto.
    maybe splash of blood will be the answer.
    the bg texture need to be crisp and darker, and try to match the color with the character.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well maybe the fourth time is the charm. I'm quite happy with the brushing. Here's the results -----> edit 4

Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think now that it's too dark
    but it's ok i think your nearly there ^^
    just this time make it a little bit lighter
    or the character even a bit darker
    BUT NOT TOO DARK THOUGH
    OTHERWISE THE PEOPLE WILL NOT SEE
    THE CHARACTER
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

stalk me

Closed Thread

Thread Information