AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change in Staff

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Change in Staff

(Copied from the thread in the main Fanfiction forum as it's evident some members frequent this subforum and not that one.)

Princess Minako has asked that I take over moderating this forum. I have moderated it in the past, but as it has been a number of years and the forum has grown, obviously it will require different handling.

Before I consider making any changes to the current rules, I'd like to ask for input from the contributors and regular visitors to this forum. This is your opportunity to voice your opinion on how you want to see this forum run, what you do and don't like about the current rules, and perhaps what rules you think should be implemented.

Of course, I can't guarantee all suggestions will come into practice, but I can guarantee I will take all serious suggestions into consideration.

Please, don't be shy. Tell me what you think.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Oooooh Rei Rei! *ish happy for her* Well, I think we should really do something about encouraging all the members to participate in the forum and to read and encourage other writers' works! Round robin threads might be pretty useful in doing this. I know Ai did it in the past but it kinda died out. I think there should be stricter rules to prevent this, as in not posting when it is your turn for over a week means you are automatically withdrawn from the rotation. Last time the lack of proper poster killed the thread. This should be phase 1 of your plan of attac-I mean action. =3

Phase 2 I think should be to provide a lot more opportunities for great works to be read by more members. All too often original fics and poems are covered up by pages and pages of (dare I say?) utter crap. Exceptionally outstanding work should be showcased in a sticky and/or archived in some way. That way more talented writers will be encouraged to submit their work. Positive reinforcement is a powerful tool.

(I also think those with long running stories should have one locked thread created that contains every chapter and a link in every one to the original post so that readers may comment if they so wish. It will prevent time spent searching.)

Phase 3 would be to set up a group of people directly below you that commits to consistently read and critique submitted work in order to give some feedback to the artist. Too many threads go uncommented upon.

Another suggestion that might make things easier is to require approval of the piece before it is allowed to be posted, kind of like the way it's done in RPG. Mind you, they shouldn't PM you the ENTIRE work (might not even fit into a PM), but the general idea at least. Plot synopsis or summary. If it truly is a work worth posting then I don't think this little requirement will deter them. However, I believe it will deter those that put little effort into what they submit.

How was all that Rei? ^_^

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 09:13 AM
    Threads

I am so slow. World of Warcraft robbed me of AF life. Lol... congrats!!! Now that I'm free of that assignment I shall be prowling around on review rampages again.

I'll write you a more detailed list but initial thoughts for roping in more participants include the following :-

1) Double or more posts allowed for stories with multiple chapters. Actually they should be inputed in that manner for easier reads.
    2) Word game section, if possible, to encourage creative writing skills. Plus it's a fun thing for all members, not only the writers and reviewers.
    3) On reviews, I think allowing those one liners such as "I liked your poem, it was lovely," or "I really didn't get this" should be allowed, though longer more detailed critiques should be given bonus credit. But of course, lines like "You suck" should be removed. :P Or you can leave it there for me to start flaming the vocabulary challenged moron. Kidding...

That's it for now
    Last edited by Hypergraphian; 04-29-2008 at 05:36 AM.

~*Why don't they get tired, Because they're fools, Don't fools get tired, How can fools get tired?*~ www.hypergraphiansmuse.blogspot.com
    AF Family
    "Red" - Younger brother
    "*Ninna* ~ Hatake - Sister-in-law"

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I was hoping you two would respond XD I can respect you both as fellow writers.

Capernicus: You actually hit the nail on the head on some of those. Are you in my head, stealing my thoughts? >.>

Phase 1: I think I suggested that once, actually. Back when I was away at the in-laws' place during my turn. I have every intention of starting those again.

Phase 2: I liked Princess Ai's idea of stickying selected fiction. I was planning to take it one step further and start a "Featured Fiction" thread. I'd sticky up a story for a period of time (month maybe?), then move to a new one. The thread itself would contain links to the stories previously featured. I may look into doing something similar for Poetry. Need to see if the interest is there.

Phase 3: Possible. I'd need to look into who might be interested. I'm hoping to garner interest through the plan I mentioned in the other thread. That might mean this isn't needed ^^ Ideally.

On your other suggestion...while I see where you're coming from, I don't see it as something I can do. Unless it's clear by the summary that a story is going to be adult-oriented, I would allow it. It's up to readers to help writers improve on the finer details.

Hypergraphian: I've only been on the job for a day XD You didn't miss much.

1) So you prefer all chapters or segments of a story being in one thread? It's certainly neater and takes up less space. I'd be interested to see which method people generally find easier to read.

2) I'd be concerned about it turning into a means for spam and to increase post count. It would really depend on what sort of game we're talking. Any specific suggestions?

3) Certainly will be allowed ^^ I believe Aies changed her rules to allow them again recently. They have their place, because everyone likes a bit of accolades for their work. I'm hoping to increase the amount of real critiques alongside it.

A couple of questions I'd like to pose to all members:

1) Do you prefer multiple chapter/part stories be in one thread, or that each have its own thread? What is easier to read for you?
    2) If you could name one thing you think would bring more writers and readers in here, what would it be?

I appreciate the responses thus far. Keep 'em coming! I'd like to start my revamp of the rules and structure later this week/weekend. And I'm relieved that my assignment will be finished tomorrow XDD Free time!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2016 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post

A couple of questions I'd like to pose to all members:

1) Do you prefer multiple chapter/part stories be in one thread, or that each have its own thread? What is easier to read for you?
    2) If you could name one thing you think would bring more writers and readers in here, what would it be?

I appreciate the responses thus far. Keep 'em coming! I'd like to start my revamp of the rules and structure later this week/weekend. And I'm relieved that my assignment will be finished tomorrow XDD Free time!
    First, congrats. I know you love this section, so you must be tickled pink to be a big part in it again <3

As for your questions:

1. One thread. HOWEVER, I think the op should be allowed to multiple post [if necessary] when updating the thread. There are times when people just dont comment, and shouldnt be held against the writer if they want to update an aditional three chapters in a day.

2. I personally would like to see [staff posted, of course] actual short sotries and poems posted by famous writers for a discussion thread. Perhaps even go into topics like symbolism, use of words [sentence format, like imamic pentameter (sp?)], etc.

I also think perhaps we should try contests again. Perhaps even a collab contest, just to be challenging [if the contests prove to be successful of course] complete with prizes. Im not sure if prizes were given out before, but they sure do give a insentive to participate. Im thinking once a month, with the prize being a banner and maybe some points, with "writer of the month" on it. Id be more than happy to supply any graphics needed.

I'll porbably come up with a bit more soon <33

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Congrats ^^ Although I really dun know you yet, but still congrats. Make sure to keep AF clean :3
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Yes I am in your head. O.O

I think having one thread will make things a lot more organized, but only with long running stories and it should be locked. The original single chapter threads should remain for commenting purposes, otherwise no one will really know what chapter is being commented on unless explicitly stated (and people often forget that).

As far as bringing writers here....hmm. I think contests are a great thing, but they need to be made known to the entire board. And prizes as incentives was a great suggestion by Maru. But I feel like something more should be done. Just...can't quite think what. We could make several threads with games like word association, rewriting a specified sentence in the best way possible (you know descriptions galore without it being crowded and needless), describing a character in a specified picture (appearance, vibe, mannerisms, intelligence, etc). Things like that. o.o

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Maybe you could do a similar title type arrangement for Poetry.
    Like say dark, romance, happy, funny, etc. For easier searching and being able to choose what type of poetry your in the mood for.

And for multiple chapters I'd say a simple link to the previous or next chapter when it becomes availible. But thats a lot of work. So I'd leave it up to the author's.
    Last edited by niKopol; 05-03-2008 at 06:53 PM.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Kie: Interesting idea on the poetry front. One I hadn't considered. I don't know that it will be possible because it can be such a subjective matter in certain cases (and I would be left with lots to title myself...leaving lots of room for wrongful interpretation), but I will look into it ^^

That's similar to what I think I will be doing regarding multi-chapter stories. Unfortunately there are plenty of stories with inactive authors, so it will take time to do them all ^_^

Thanks!

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry about that. I knew my post was only half thought on my part but I felt it was worth mentioning.

First thing would be to define the many types of poem. Which is tedious in itself.

What you mentioned about wrongful interpretation and my own thoughts about a poem being more than one type lead me to think maybe about multiple title attributes instead of just one.

This next bit would require a helper or pulling an all nighter. x.x PMing the active authors asking them what they think about their poem and those that aren't active anymore just title it what you think best. Worst comes to worst, someone complains and sheds a different view on a subject. Learning experience.

Yeah, that is a lot of work. =x But, you're doing great. ^_^
    Last edited by niKopol; 05-04-2008 at 07:38 AM.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Walking TaLL Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 01:18 AM
    Threads

Grats,xD.

'Phase' 2 and 3 Capernicus suggested, i support those ideas.

English is not everybody's first language on AF. So grammar and spelling correcting comments is appreciated. With the right feedback the writer of the poem can improve his or her poem writing 'skills'.
    That leads me to the suggestion of Capernicus for sort of asking approval if your poem can be posted. I do not support that idea. I find it important that any poet should get the chance to post his or her work.
    Correcting/criticising commentry and freedom to post go's hand in hand.

A sticky thread for poems liked by many would be nice. But how you can determine if a poem is good enough to get placed in that thread?
    The amount of views? I think its well known how to 'cheat' on getting a high view count. A safe way to do it might be based on the commentry. But since one-liners isn't allowed, it may be bit difficult to pole what people think of a poem. Maybe if the poem poster adds a standard poll with a certain grading system. The current star rating system, i don't find it reliable.

It's not that the Poetry section has a lot of posters. So arranging poems based on the content, it would be just one more thing the mod. has to do, and for now it seems needless.

Capernicus' Phase 3, i suggest it to be Phase 1. 'Cause now i have to ask people to read and comment on my poems.

again, Grats Fabala, ^_^.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information