AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Misa Wallpaper (need some advice on this and something else, lol.)

Pro-Vert Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2010 04:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Misa Wallpaper (need some advice on this and something else, lol.)

It was declined due to "jagged edges" And I'm trying to find a way to make her hair on the right less "jagged", lol. (Im nearly about to cut off the hair sticking out on the right and rounding her head, lol) It was also said that the effect on her is too much that it makes her appear 3d against the background. I wasn't really going for 3D as much as I was going for a little depth. (wanted it to look as if she was surrounded by power)

Last but not least, is I'd really like to be able to clean up grainy images within PS. I d/l NeatImage, but havent gotten into it much.

So any advice you can give, or some techniques that might help my dillemna would be appreciated. I'm new to this forum and this site, but have used walls off this site for a long time. And have messed around in PS for a long time too, lol. (sorry for the long post, I'll shut up now)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PowerfulMisa_1024_01.jpg‎
Views:	117
Size:	593.9 KB
ID:	20142  
    Last edited by Deadling; 05-01-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well if I made that wallpaper...
    I actually put like a motion blur on the character so it's less jagged.
    Nice colour combs. BTW!!~~
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Pro-Vert Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thx for the tip. I think that might have helped her hair abit. For such a large image, dont have to blur much with a motion blur. Normal blur doesnt seem to do enough, and others seem to do too much, lol. I have another clean image I could try with the full hair left in, but I'm feeling lazy, lol. I also took away the drop shadow she had. But to try to keep some depth, changed the back effect's color to a purplish rather than pink, and left the front pink. Not always, but in this wall, I really want to have some feeling of depth to it.

(and btw. I've been trying to find Misa pics, and I have found a serious amount of hot girls dressed up like her, and mainly only that.(not that I mind, hehe) If by chance you know where to get some decent Misa pics, appreciated.)

Name:	PowerfulMisa_1024_02.jpg‎
Views:	65
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	20150  
    Last edited by Deadling; 05-02-2008 at 02:53 AM. Reason: adding

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I think...the colors hurt my eyes. A lot. But I can see the jagged edges they mentioned, though I only have crappy methods to fix that. Erase around her edges with a really soft eraser with low opacity (or whatever it's called!). Works for me. o.o

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Did you use a surface blur on her? *_* (if you did,) May not be such a hot idea.
    Also, can you post the Misa picture you used?
    Over-saturating since '07

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

O_o;;
    The first version is much better than the second. O_o
    The motion blur really made the whole image blury. It does indeed hurt my eyes. x_x;;
    Anyway ... the effect you used over her made the girl quite 3Dish. This kind of effects amplify borders and with them extraction mistakes. A good way to fix jagged edges is border blur or transparency. I would suggest you to remove that effect though. On the body it looks fine, but her hair really get too unnatural. It's like a stock being splatted on a background without any thoughts about blending, matching and so on. Not to mention all the hair details get covered by it. Hope this helps you a little.
    Last edited by FlashD; 05-02-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Typo

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I really wish you'd pick a better scan, low-quality scans are a no-go - if your scan is blurry/with jaggies, it ruins everything. And surface blur is a pretty hot idea, however only on scans that are three-four times as large than you need them to be.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm afraid I dont know what a surface blur is, lol. (unless you just mean things like "blur" and "blur more") One thing I know I can try would be to reselect her, then feather it. But I do agree it looks bad with some anime girls hair, unless it's someone like goku who's supposed to be spikey, it can look really sharp.

As for posting the original image. I just looked at it, and there are things I'm not happy with about the extraction. So I'm going to have to re-extract it. I'll post it, but there are things that just cant be fixed, lol.

I've even tried finding a different pic to go with that simply looks better. I may have found a few, but havent extracted them yet.

Name:	amani_misa.png‎
Views:	80
Size:	618.7 KB
ID:	20151  

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

That extract right there is the problem.
    One, the extract is in LOW quality.
    Two, it's not the best extract. I recommend using the pen tool at least.

What you might want to do is look at other wallpapers and observe how those look and try to imitate and change their styles to fit how you like and make it look good to the general public.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

lol. I do usually use the pentool. I used one of my gf's methods because it was against white. Otherwise I love the pen tool. I may just move onto a different anime all together. I only like making walls with girls as the focus, and Misa pics are just too much a pain to find. (unless you want hot girls dressed up as her ofc, lol.) So time to maybe work on the walls of the anime's I love the best, Harem girl anime's!

Oh and the pic looks like it was actually softly painted. Which means the "quality" of the pic, can easily be brought into question. I don't think it's supposed to be a high-def bold pic in the 1st place, lol.

EDIT: Not that I've completely given up on this wall, lol. I'm just feeling lazy to extract it again. I know I can do a better job by hand though.
    Last edited by Deadling; 05-03-2008 at 11:34 PM.

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Maybe changing the extract itself would help. It definately is bad quality and looks 3D-ish. The background you put in the wall is nice but those power-thingy's loook like over-enlarged brushes. If you want to make walls, you have to spend a lot of time on them. That's one of my biggest flaws. it's all those ideas filling up in my head. if i leave it and go away, i'm blank when i open it again.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

The image is all blurry (the second one) and not at all fitting. Sometimes not adding depth will actually look better. Try it.
    And if you don't want to re-extract the image, then just use a soft eraser on the edges. Should look softer after that.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did find a way to soften her up abit, and changed the layer style that was making her pink. She's still pink, just not as hard as she was before, lol. I plan to re-extract it and do what I did to soften this one, just later, lol.

And I am experimenting on different things. Thx again.
    Lollipop girl used in my Ava was cut by MaruDashi.
    Feel free to check out my Extracts

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

When I have a small image that doesn't blow up well, I keep it small. There are a bunch of ways to do this. Some things I've seen include "photographs", putting parts of the image in grids, or making the character an accessory. The character itself doesn't have to fill up the whole screen.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well I've been messing around all day, and this is what I've come up with for the effort so far. I'd like to know what people think of this one. Rather than post a new post, I'll just do it here, since it's a Misa wall as well. I do want to note that the "Misa" is not a font, actually did those myself. Havent submitted it just yet, wanted to see what people thought first.

Just added a 2nd version of it. Made the bottom lines slightly larger, and added a gradient.

Name:	Misa_graf_1024.jpg‎
Views:	64
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	20197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Misa_graf_1024_02.jpg‎
Views:	54
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	20198  
    Last edited by Deadling; 05-05-2008 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Added a 2nd version of the wall.

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Whoa...Pink Misa...O__O
    I like it the blurs for some reason. *shrug*

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

LOL. To be perfectly honest, I hate pink as a general rule. I wanted my girlfriend, who loves pink btw, to like them. So thats what I was truly going for. And yea, also, alot of people tend to say some of the things I can do in PS can, and will hurt your eyes, lol.
    Last edited by Deadling; 05-11-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: just adding.

Closed Thread

Thread Information