AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great Series: HORRIBLE Ending

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 05:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Great Series: HORRIBLE Ending - SPOILER

WARNING!

DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE END OF THE SERIES! SPOILERS AHEAD!

Great series over all, but anyone else besides me was really P.O'ed after the REALLY lousy ending? I mean they tied up all loose ends and all, gave Ed & Ein an happy ending, but Faye & Jet had a sad one with Spike being killed after Julia, Vicious, and Lin (I think that was his name, that's what I heard atleast) were also killed. Now I'm all for "taking care" of all lose ends mafia-style. I'm all for the hero vanquishing the villain at the cost of his own life, but I just thought it was really Anti-climatic and sad. I've been scouring my video stores to find the Cowboy Bebop movie so I can see the offical ending to the series, but no dice. I'm not going to watch it on youtube: That just infurates me with anything greater 30 minutes but I gotta watch in 9-10 minute intervals: breaks the feeling. Anyone concur with the title?
    Last edited by Ollie; 05-04-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: adding spoiler warning.
    Why I'm Better Than You | I have an inability care about swearing

Christopher Micheal Benoit Career Profile
    May 21, 1967 - June 25 2007

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Shimotsuki_No_MiNa is on a distinguished road Shimotsuki_No_MiNa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2009 07:09 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Cowboy Bebop the movie is not an official ending but just an additional story like the episodes between those following the main plot.
    How exactly did you expect the series to end? The happy-ending Julia and Spike together? Well THAT would be lousy. Don't you think their relationship was doomed, if not from the beginning then from, well, middle? If Spike was betrayed by both his beloved and his best friend, seeing the ultimate forgivness in the end and 'everyone lives in peace' would be completely unfitting. Vicious's and Spike's skills were nearly equal so there could be no clear winner in the fight either. If Spike were to defeat Vicious and go on with Julia this series would just turn into another ordinary space anime.

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, I was especting people to die like pigs in Hell. I think Spike and Julias' fate were sealed for failure, I just didn't expect Spike to get killed off so Anti-Climatically, freaking ti would have been really nice to see Spike take anotehr 5-10 out with him as he shots whoever and whatever he can before getting offed. I'm not at all for Ordinary Space Shows, since they tend to suck I.E. Lost In Space, Lost, Beast Machines, etc. I just thought they killed off Spike really rushed and pretty lousy.

Banned Forum / Chat spike626 is on a distinguished road spike626's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2007 12:16 AM
    Threads

Cowboy Bebop the movie is not an official ending
    actually, it happens after the TV series "ends". spike doesn't actually die. you should do more research.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spike626 View Post
    actually, it happens after the TV series "ends". spike doesn't actually die. you should do more research.
    Actually, it happens between the 22nd and 23rd episode. So said the creator.

And Spike may or may not die in the end, but if he didn't the show would be retarded.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Shimotsuki_No_MiNa is on a distinguished road Shimotsuki_No_MiNa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2009 07:09 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by spike626 View Post
    actually i did long ago and i assure you it's exactly as Manhattan_Project_2000 wrote

Member space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2009 10:51 AM
    Threads

get over yourself, look its a superb ending for one reason and one reason alone, the series could not have ended any other way, think about it, if he got with juila vicious turned all good and faye found her family who were also frozen and jet got married to a miss america then it would suck so much and end up like just about every other bland anime series ending.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Benoit View Post
    No, I was especting people to die like pigs in Hell. I think Spike and Julias' fate were sealed for failure, I just didn't expect Spike to get killed off so Anti-Climatically, freaking ti would have been really nice to see Spike take anotehr 5-10 out with him as he shots whoever and whatever he can before getting offed. I'm not at all for Ordinary Space Shows, since they tend to suck I.E. Lost In Space, Lost, Beast Machines, etc. I just thought they killed off Spike really rushed and pretty lousy.
    How can he possibly have been killed anti-climatically? The climax was his fight with Vicious. Anti-climatically would mean that he was killed before the apparent climax. And his goal wasn't to waste a few Mobsters, it was to kill Vicious and then die, in that order.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*spike is on his way to settle the score once and for all with vicious*

*spike trips on rock into road and dies*

YOU DECIDE D:

4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Exactly. Spike tripping on a rock pre-killing Vicious would be anti-climactic. Spike tripping on a rock post-killing Vicious would not be.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

I'm sorry MsAeris Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

You could have chosen any anime out there, and you chose Cowboy Bebop? Seriously? WoW, that says a lot about you.

Social expectations diminish an individual's ability to think as an individual.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kloud_Seven View Post
    You could have chosen any anime out there, and you chose Cowboy Bebop? Seriously? WoW, that says a lot about you.
    what are you talking about 0o

Member Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 12:37 PM
    Threads

get over yourself, look its a superb ending for one reason and one reason alone, the series could not have ended any other way, think about it, if he got with juila vicious turned all good and faye found her family who were also frozen and jet got married to a miss america then it would suck so much and end up like just about every other bland anime series ending.
    Agreed. The truly great creations have truly great horrors for the characters to face.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well Space Cowboy you do have a valid point there: It was the only plausable way for the series to end. I still think it sucks being rushed, he could have taken even ONE more down with him instead of his sissy "Bang..." fall over dead. Also super happy endings like the one you said ONLY happen in either Romance Based Shows and ****ing FAIRY TALES. To my knowledge: Cowboy Bebop wasn't either.

MP2000: They did Spike up like Goldberg some sort of Super Monster that is Unstopable, but still I think it does kinda suck. Good ending for his story yes, but not so good over all IMO. I'll give you if they killed Spike prior to it would have seriously destroyed any and all crediblity that the author/creator and show had gotten.

Kloud Seven: If you want an flame war, I'm all for it baby. Anytime any where, bring your helment with you. You'll need it. Otherwise makes sense please? Gracias.

Republic: Ok, I'll give it to you.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

No flame wars.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well Space Cowboy you do have a valid point there: It was the only plausable way for the series to end. I still think it sucks being rushed, he could have taken even ONE more down with him instead of his sissy "Bang..." fall over dead. Also super happy endings like the one you said ONLY happen in either Romance Based Shows and ****ing FAIRY TALES. To my knowledge: Cowboy Bebop wasn't either.
    DUDE what the hell are you talking about. how is sacrificing yourself just to feel alive a sissy way to go. taking one more with him can you imagine that for a second ready

*spike defeats vicious but his own life is coming to an end*

*stunned guards lower weapons as their honor such a fearless man*

"SUCKERS!"

*spike hits another one and then dies*

ho no wait! im starting to see your point /sarcasm

4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

MP2000: They did Spike up like Goldberg some sort of Super Monster that is Unstopable, but still I think it does kinda suck. Good ending for his story yes, but not so good over all IMO. I'll give you if they killed Spike prior to it would have seriously destroyed any and all crediblity that the author/creator and show had gotten.
    He was only unkillable because he had a reason to live. He completed his mission, and what more did he have to live for?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

spike is by no means unstoppable, he actually looses more fights in the series than wins, against eds father, le fou ect

spike gets the crap kicked out of him all the time, which makes him great because hes more of an anti hero

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Threads

Spike Dies, The Indian Psychic(hmmm) said so aswell, also, then ending was awesome, it wasnt rushed, 2 episodes was enough to fill the gap, ended with a Bang so to speak Yeh anyway if you liked the series, you should like the ending, coz it was the same genious mind who made the other 25 episodes, it ended how it ended, KICKED ***, thats how it ended

Member setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2008 02:33 PM
    Threads

What I uderstood for it all is that u love so much the Cowboy Bebop that you wanted a superb end.

When I watched the end, I kinda expected it, so, it didnt impress me. I think that the same happend to you.

But if we think about what everybody said up there, we really couldnt expect something different from death in the end. I think that the end follows the style of the anime.
    ...Melancholy...
    Know my art

http://setsuna999.deviantart.com
    http://www.artwanted.com/setsuna

sincere opinion are welcome ^_^

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

SC: If you're brought up as a bad ***, the only way you can die is as an bad ***. He could have taken one more out, and kept up being a bad *** until his sour end. Does that help any? Yes he got his *** beaten more than he's beaten asses but still. Also an Anti-Hero is both Jet and Spike. Anti-Heros are good guys who play by the bad guys rules to survive/win I.E. Kain from Legacy of Kain: he's a vampire and flat out MURDERS people stay alive. Spike and Jet beat up/kill people to get the rewards on their heads.

MP2K: Okay, I'll give you that one too

Dark Sasuke: That may be so. I feel the final battle could have been dragged out to the point Spike and Vicious beat each other to death with their bare fists. That's usually what a show like this builds up to, I feel it should end extreamly raw like that.

Setsunameyou: Yeah, excellent build up for a good ending, it didn't deserve good it deserved GREAT or LEGENDARY for an ending. I was very unimpressed with the ending, much like how I was impressed and not impressed with the end of Trigun. I only was unimpressed with that as Reverend Wolfwood DIED. He was awesome but, sacrafices must be made. I agree with everyone: Death was the ONLY ACCEPTABLE ending to the series. End it on an melancholy note.

The Nine Tailed Ninja Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 08:57 AM
    Why do you want to know, huh? You plan on stalking me or something? >.>
    Threads

Although I was pretty sad at the ending, I figured that the series wouldnt be nearly as great if Spike lived, seeing as dramatics always tie things together.

Even so, I was pretty damn suprised by the ending.

Member setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou has a reputation beyond repute setsunameyou's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2008 02:33 PM
    Threads

hehhe I was right ^^

Trigun is my fave anime! I'm completely satisfyed with the end. But this forum is not to talk about this one, right? ^^'
    Know my art

http://setsuna999.deviantart.com
    http://www.artwanted.com/setsuna

sincere opinion are welcome ^_^

Member mcfly rule will become famous soon enough mcfly rule will become famous soon enough mcfly rule's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2008 10:10 AM
    Threads

the 2 ending episodes ruled i thought it was a great ending to a fantastic series the only thing i didnt like was julias 20 minute fall to the ground it was making me angry i was like hit the ground already

and spikes fight with Vicious could have lasted longer but was still great and he had to die or it would have been a ****ending which the anime did not deserve

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

Actually, Cowboy Bebop is renowned for its ending. I pretty much have to disagree with everything Benoit says. I think that if they took any of your suggestions for the ending, they would have overdone it.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information