AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change in Staff

Hybrid View

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Change in Staff

Princess Minako has asked that I take over moderating this forum. I have moderated it in the past, but as it has been a number of years and the forum has grown, obviously it will require different handling.

Before I consider making any changes to the current rules, I'd like to ask for input from the contributors and regular visitors to this forum. This is your opportunity to voice your opinion on how you want to see this forum run, what you do and don't like about the current rules, and perhaps what rules you think should be implemented.

Of course, I can't guarantee all suggestions will come into practice, but I can guarantee I will take all serious suggestions into consideration.

Please, don't be shy. Tell me what you think.

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

while I fear this may lead to spam... I was wondering if there could come into practice a system where people could easily leave very broad comments (perhaps a rating on a 1-10 scale) on a work without specific critiques. My reason for this is that I've often posted something and not gotten comments and been confused as to whether that means A) no one could think of a particularly good critique but liked it B) thought it was meh, and not worth commenting or C) really bad an undeserving of their time.

Perhaps a simple easy rating system could solve this... like I said, my main worry is that it will lead to mass spamming, where people who don't really care about the fanfiction, original fiction, or poetry, just pop in to leave ratings and raise their post count.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'd actually been considering some kind of points-reward system for people who take the time to formally write a critique. There would have to be guidelines, of course. The critique would have to touch on several elements to do with the story (character, setting, plot, etc.) and be fully fleshed out to be considered points-worthy. This isn't to say that other comments wouldn't be allowed. They would be, just wouldn't be in consideration to earn extra points. I know I could manage to decide what critique should be rewarded and what shouldn't, I just need a way of getting enough points to give that much out ^_~

Like Princess Ai, I don't like the idea of using the rating system, because it tends to lead to favoritism, or to purposely lowering or raising an individual's rating for one reason or another.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Oooooh Rei Rei! *ish happy for her* Well, I think we should really do something about encouraging all the members to participate in the forum and to read and encourage other writers' works! Round robin threads might be pretty useful in doing this. I know Ai did it in the past but it kinda died out. I think there should be stricter rules to prevent this, as in not posting when it is your turn for over a week means you are automatically withdrawn from the rotation. Last time the lack of proper poster killed the thread. This should be phase 1 of your plan of attac-I mean action. =3

Phase 2 I think should be to provide a lot more opportunities or great works to be read by more members. All too often original fics and poems are covered up by pages and pages of (dare I say?) utter crap. Exceptionally outstanding work should be showcased in a sticky and/or archived in some way. That way more talented writers will be encouraged to submit their work. Positive reinforcement is a powerful tool.

(I also think those with long running stories should have one locked thread created that contains every chapter and a link in every one to the original post so that readers may comment if they so wish. It will prevent time spent searching.)

Phase 3 would be to set up a group of people directly below you that commits to consistently read and critique submitted work in order to give some feedback to the artist. Too many threads go uncommented upon.

Another suggestion that might make things easier is to require approval of the piece before it is allowed to be posted, kind of like the way it's done in RPG. Mind you, they shouldn't PM you the ENTIRE work (might not even fit into a PM), but the general idea at least. Plot synopsis or summary. If it truly is a work worth posting then I don't think this little requirement will deter them. However, I believe it will deter those that put little effort into what they submit.

How was all that Rei? ^_^

[I saw the thread in poetry first but I thought I'd copy my reply to here too, that way it can get more comments by the other members]
    Last edited by Capernicus; 04-28-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information