AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anime Nostalgia

Blessed By The Saint TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime Nostalgia

I remember some anime maybe not all Japanese anime, but anime nonetheless from way back when. When you were a little kid, do you remember any anime type shows? Anyone ever see the Little Prince...or Belle and Sebastion. We used to get a canadian channel here and they played these two shows often...but this was probably way before most of you were born yet. I also watched Voltron which was my favorite back in the good ol 80s. Sadly now, I really cannot stand the cartoons they put on TV for kids nowadays. I always got annoyed with certain shows too like Care Bears and My Little Pony. Bet you don't remember those either. Well, what are you sentimental about regarding anime of your childhood?

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah kind of, my mom always told me when I was a kid I used to love those kinds of anime, btw Little Prince is still being aired in my country. She said that it was my favorite show. Now that I watch it, I think to myself, "Did I really watch this show?". I guess taste changes through time. Oh yeah, do you know, Voltes 5? man I really like that old mecha anime, even now, really! But our cable was cut and I'm no longer able to watch it *sigh*.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Candy ♥Pop in Love Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2009 09:34 AM
    Asleep in the backseat of the Akatsuki-mobile
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TwylightStarr View Post
    Sadly now, I really cannot stand the cartoons they put on TV for kids nowadays. I always got annoyed with certain shows too like Care Bears and My Little Pony.
    Hey now! I actually liked My Little Pony and Care Bears back in the day. But I agree with you for these RECENT My Little Pony and CGI Care Bears. WTH CGI CARE BEARS?!!? But yeah, I loved the old school anime they played on TV back in the day. One of my favorites was Speed Racer, it kind of got me into cars. Voltron and G-Force, aaahhhhh...good times.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The anime that gives me the most nostalgia feeling is Sailor Moon becuase, as far as I remember it, the first anime I ever watched. I remember that I liked the one who used fire, the one with the red clothes and dark hair. What was her name now again? I think it was Sailor Mars but I am not complete sure. It was a long time since I saw it, I have to admit it.

I have to upset you, but I do remember both My little pony and Care bears and guess what, I liked them!

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2008 11:43 AM
    Threads

I was a huge He-man buff :P

She-ra was also my first love lol
    *sigh* what a woman.

Anime specifically?

I think Ninja Scroll has that nostalgic feeling to it. It was the very first anime I watched - and it left quite the impression on me.
    Last edited by ghost_in_the_shell; 04-25-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Blessed By The Saint TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:56 PM
    Threads

I love all the different styles of anime. I really never liked most general cartoons. I just don't have an interest in them for some reason...not even much of a disney fan.

I guess I am weird who knows. I do miss the things I watched when younger though for some reason. I get all sentimental thinking about the past.
    Is that what happens as time goes by...

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 09:14 PM
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Threads

Dragonball Z gives me loads of nostalgia.

I remember waking up at 6 in the morning to watch it every single Saturday...then they stopped showing it prior to Goku turning into a Super Saiyan for the very first time!

I suppose that's when Cartoon Network picked up the rights to the anime, but it sucks because back then I didn't have Cartoon Network haha. After DBZ stopped airing I had only had my Sailor Moon on weekday mornings to hold be down before walking to school.

Just shows how old I am when I own DBZ on DVD (these remastered episodes are really spiffy and strangely enough I enjoy the English dubbing more than the original Japanese cast...probably because I grew up with it ^^).

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

Closed Thread

Thread Information