AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Text blending tutorial

Senior Member Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2010 02:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Text blending tutorial

I use photo shop I got cs2 and advanced cs3 editor.. now Im going to do a quick tutorial for those that are new to photo shop showing off my sig from scratch,Im sig maker for Shinobi clan hope it hels someone...enjoy

Ok i thought we should start with this hope u guys enjoy it.

If its too advanced or not advanced enough I appologise, any feed back will help me know where evry one is at.

there it is hope u like it.

300X100
    72dpi. ( Always 72 dpi unless printing )
    rgb ( Always rgb unless printing )

Press F ( short cut key 2 view in full screen)
    some times this is already the defalt view, press F a few
    times just to see
    what it does, find a view u like working with.

select layers tab and double click layer 2 unlock it, name
    this layer clouds
    ( personal preference of mine 2 also colour the layer, just
    makes it easier
    to find when u have 100’s of layers)

now in the colour palette pick some sky colours, ive picked
    blue and white
    but it doesnt mater what u pick

now from the menu click filter - Render - Clouds
    ( if u ure clouds dont look that good press ctrl - F as
    many times as you need till u get the desired clouds )

now duplicate the cloud layer so u have 2 of the same
    layer.( in the layer menu it will say duplicate, or in ure layer window u can drag the layer u wish 2 duplicate down 2 the page image at the bottom of the
    window)
    select the top layer ( should already be selected )
    and change the layer blend to colour burn or linear burn, the idea is 2 make some contrast.

Ok now press the type tool ( T ) and click on the image and type a word
    4 this exercise i used the word SHINOBI.
    the typeface u choose is up 2 you try 2 make it a bold type face, as theres more detail in the effect that we do to the type

after youve chosen your typeface, press ctrl - T this will bring up the
    transform borders. hold down shift ( keeps evrything in proportion )
    and click and drag on a corner until u have the desired size, press enter.
    ( if its not white already highlight the text and change 2 white now )

Ok now comes the fun part , layer styles, u can download these on line but i say make ure own its more fun.

double click on ure shinobi layer
    (here u can crete your own styles that u can add to any image one u save them)

select blend mode , choose colour burn

choose the bevel and emboss - innner bevel, smooth, u can play with the depth,
    size and soften till it looks roundish ( play around till u get what u want
    each typeface is different.

choose drop shadow, tab distance 9, size 9

choose outer glow tab .............

choose satin tab .............

now ure nearly done go to the top tab “Blending options” at the very top and click the new style button,
    call it glass or clear or what ever. click ok. now u have a style that u can use in the future if ever u need a clear glassy look.

link all the layers that youve created by clicking in the boxes
    underneath the paint brush......

then on the layers tab u will notice a small arrow, click this arrow and choose merge linked.

now u should have one layer

now from the menu choose filter - artistic - plastic wrap, u can see in the image preveiw what this does, play with the settings till u have what u want , it dosent realy mater what u chose it will look cool

now duplucate the layer and change the layer blend to vivid light

now ure done congratulations
    press F and then tab to veiw ure image in all its mighty glory lol.

Short cuts used..........
    T = type tool
    Ctrl T = this is the shortcut for transform, alows u to change sizes
    Shift = this alows u to keep things in proportion
    F = change the veiw
    Ctrl F = this redoes the filter u have chosen
    Last edited by Jinkazuma; 04-21-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

Thats a good tut, I would rep you for it but I ran out for the day.... remind me to tomorrow.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Senior Member Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma has a reputation beyond repute Jinkazuma's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks, Ill rep you for repping me tomorrow hehe

Senior Member zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk has a reputation beyond repute zellk's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2010 09:35 PM
    Threads

Cool.Its very interesting the way you did that.I am too challenged to do anything.Heh...

Blessed By The Saint TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:56 PM
    Threads

Nice Tutorial, I wonder if there is anything like this on GIMP or anywhere else lol. I am photoshop impaired because it is way too much

Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TwylightStarr View Post
    I wonder if there is anything like this on GIMP or anywhere else lol.
    Why do you say that? I have photoshop cs2 speed clinic and cs3 extended

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Same I have cs2 aswell but no cs3 oh well..
    Anyway nice tut. I'll try it later hopefully ^^
    Well done!!~~ And very nice outcome.
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Closed Thread

Thread Information