AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your thoughts on Macbeth

Keroppi's living book Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk has a reputation beyond repute Moneytalk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2008 05:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

MacBeth (the book) is evil.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 08:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Totsean View Post
    Probably not. Read my other post with the big quote.
    Actually, yes he did. I did read that post and guess what? It doesn't prove anything. Imagine this: "Hagrid really killed Dumbledore. Not Snape."

Look. See there? See what I did? Simply typing that doesn't make it how the story was actually told.

But forgetting all that, let's look at the untrue aspect that this is a murder mystery novel. Firstly, Macduff has an alibi whereas Macbeth can be put at the scene of the crime. Oh, and let's not forget Macbeth's several confessions. Hmm. What else? Ah yes, she also brought up the point that Macduff's reaction to Duncan's body must've been rehearsed. Well, would people ever actually talk like "A dagger of the mind, a false creation proceeding from the heat oppressed brain?" The true answer, no. This was all Shakespeare's style and no one would ever actually talk like that. So really, Macduff's reaction is justifiable.

And the third murderer? Unlikely it is that Macbeth would ask Macduff to be involved in the murder of his friend, Banquo. Especially since that Macbeth was trying so fretfully hard to keep it all secret from his court.

Moving on. Lady Macbeth's father? Oh my freakin' god. You can't take any of this seriously. And if you do, shame on you. Seriously? Are you serious? I've heard some pretty stupid theories when discussing controversial media, but this is definitely way up on my list of Most Stupid.

Because let's not forget that Macbeth was a real Scottish king and this whole work of fiction was based on the real coup that the real Macbeth staged, okay? Geez.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2008 03:01 PM
    Threads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    Actually, yes he did. I did read that post and guess what? It doesn't prove anything. Imagine this: "Hagrid really killed Dumbledore. Not Snape."

Look. See there? See what I did? Simply typing that doesn't make it how the story was actually told.

But forgetting all that, let's look at the untrue aspect that this is a murder mystery novel. Firstly, Macduff has an alibi whereas Macbeth can be put at the scene of the crime. Oh, and let's not forget Macbeth's several confessions. Hmm. What else? Ah yes, she also brought up the point that Macduff's reaction to Duncan's body must've been rehearsed. Well, would people ever actually talk like "A dagger of the mind, a false creation proceeding from the heat oppressed brain?" The true answer, no. This was all Shakespeare's style and no one would ever actually talk like that. So really, Macduff's reaction is justifiable.

And the third murderer? Unlikely it is that Macbeth would ask Macduff to be involved in the murder of his friend, Banquo. Especially since that Macbeth was trying so fretfully hard to keep it all secret from his court.

Moving on. Lady Macbeth's father? Oh my freakin' god. You can't take any of this seriously. And if you do, shame on you. Seriously? Are you serious? I've heard some pretty stupid theories when discussing controversial media, but this is definitely way up on my list of Most Stupid.

Because let's not forget that Macbeth was a real Scottish king and this whole work of fiction was based on the real coup that the real Macbeth staged, okay? Geez.
    Ok man, you've proven to me how stupid I am for considering that theory to be true, and that your's is absolutely true! I feel soooo stupid now. *rolls eyes*
    Last edited by Totsean; 04-20-2008 at 12:26 PM.
    "Truth, joy, and love. The three are interchangeable"

Senior Member Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2014 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1924-2316-9778-0248

It's been over a year since we read it in my senior English class.

Um... I don't know what I say. I remember it being okay. Nothing that I'd consider fantastic, but nothing that I'd consider bad, either.

~Made by me~
    (It's actually of my bassoon!)

Junior Member Ololiuqui is on a distinguished road Ololiuqui's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2008 07:33 PM
    Threads

I saw that quote by totsean in my literature textbook. I think that's the generally accepted explanation of Macbeth, of who did the killing and what not.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information