AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elfen Lied?

Junior Member SailorMercuryLover is on a distinguished road SailorMercuryLover's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2008 02:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Elfen Lied?

Well, one day, i was searching for Elfen Lied. However, i got lead to a horrid trailer of it, that showed SOMEONE's fingers falling off. Is this what actually the anime is about, or is it not related to the anime at all? You could see all her hand bones and blood oozing out of the hand and stuff...Blech...

EDIT: Found the trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UotxccSyxsA
    Last edited by SailorMercuryLover; 04-15-2008 at 02:25 AM.

Senior Member Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2008 10:46 PM
    Threads

Elfen Lied is a brilliant, if incredibly grotesque, anime series.

If you get squeamish at the sight of a few fingers being ripped apart, it probably isn't the type of anime you'd want to watch in its entirety; that's just the tip of the Elfen Lied iceberg of violence. Still a great series though.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SailorMercuryLover View Post
    Well, one day, i was searching for Elfen Lied. However, i got lead to a horrid trailer of it, that showed SOMEONE's fingers falling off. Is this what actually the anime is about, or is it not related to the anime at all? You could see all her hand bones and blood oozing out of the hand and stuff...Blech...
    Oh it is, thats the actual anime! The one who got her fingers cut is Nana. As you can see in the trailer, she's fighting with Lucy. And the part with the guards getting ripped apart that is in the first episode. The first 7 minutes of the series will make you decide whether you would watch it or not. Of course I did and I liked it, don't know about you though.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

This is one of My favourite Anime. For the love of God watch it!! Its absolutely beautiful! The scenes like that just made it more dramatic and amazing. Also believe me when I say that it gets a LOT worse than just that!! Some scenes are quite terrible, but still amazing nontheless.

Nana ftw!
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by SailorMercuryLover View Post

EDIT: Found the trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UotxccSyxsA
    Exactly!

Go see the first few minutes of the first episode. Its head-twistingly fun!
    And oh, the artwork is the best I've seen so far. And still in my top 5 since last year. The manga and anime does have a great difference though. And a lot more sadder.

Nyuu ftw, SCRAP ALL THE OTHERS.
    (actually, the woman doctor was also hot)

EDIT
    Watched the trailer, too bad they missed out on the leg tearing after the finger cutting. Or was it the arm tearing after the finger cutting? Maybe both.
    Last edited by Famahama; 04-15-2008 at 11:37 AM.
    Over-saturating since '07

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

Owning The Box Set of Elfen Lied, I can personally tell you? That if you're squeamish of blood or finger's falling off? This anime is not for you, as it tends to get worse and worse as the series goes on.

The Plot is great, and the Voice Acting is good, the art doesn't need mentioning because someone has already said their peace on it.

However that being said, as mentioned by someone else, and again by me? If you're squemish at ALL? Elfen lied will make you throw up, so the series is not for you
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

Senior Member Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2008 02:39 PM
    Threads

I hate to be a party-pooper, but I would certainly not recommend this series to anyone under 17. Oh, sure, I'm certain that there are people here who watched it when they were 12 or whatever, but if I had children there's no way I would consent to them watching Elfen Lied before the age of 17. After all, if Elfen Lied were a live action movie it would almost certainly be rated NC-17.

On the other hand, Elfen Lied is absolutely brilliant. It's my second favorite Anime series (next to FLCL) and it's one of the most moving stories I've ever watched, Anime or otherwise. Many people hate it, but lots of people hate "Citizen Kane" and "The Godfather" too...

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    I hate to be a party-pooper, but I would certainly not recommend this series to anyone under 17. Oh, sure, I'm certain that there are people here who watched it when they were 12 or whatever, but if I had children there's no way I would consent to them watching Elfen Lied before the age of 17. After all, if Elfen Lied were a live action movie it would almost certainly be rated NC-17.

On the other hand, Elfen Lied is absolutely brilliant. It's my second favorite Anime series (next to FLCL) and it's one of the most moving stories I've ever watched, Anime or otherwise. Many people hate it, but lots of people hate "Citizen Kane" and "The Godfather" too...

It's Certainly No Masterpeice, however it Is Good, there are better, but I completely agree with you: People shouldn't watch it Unless they're of age to: However if they watch it with an Adult and its explained that nothing in it is Real, than it should be fine.
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

Member Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee has a reputation beyond repute Joee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2008 01:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: ill get it later :p

even though the anime is pretty grotesque in my own opinion
    it ironically evens out as a totally beautiful anime.

i loved EVERY second of it.

it made me laugh
    it made me cry
    it made me sad
    it made me happy.

it really is a work of art; story wise
    and tbh
    the actual art is amazing too.

it got awards for its outstanding quality in artwork. (i think)

also, its only 13 episodes long; counting the extra special episode.
    even though its short, it gives an outstanding effect.

short but sweet
    like most short anime.

seriously, you should give this anime a watch.
    if yer okay with partial nudity and really harsh violence ^^

Aya Hirano

Senior Member Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata has a reputation beyond repute Inamorata's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2011 02:34 AM
    Threads

I really liked Elfen Lied. I enjoyed the grotesque side of it. Personaly its hard to draw detailed gore, ect.. That there was high class/detailed violence. Gotta apperciate how creative it was in all aspects. Pluss Nyu/Lucy was a cutie. My husband loved how she would constantly say "Nyu". *.* Gotta love perverson!!<3

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This was one of the most awesome Masterpieces EVER!!! It has everything in it along with a beautiful storyline, great Animation, an awesome cast of characters, and a wonderful soundtrack. Easily one of the best!

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Elfen lied is awesome
    And yes it is like that ^^''
    but still it may be like that but it's worth watching
    ...for me
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Senior Member Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2009 02:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1332-7412-2038

First, Elfen Lied is one of my most favorite anime I will always recommend to watch it.

Secondly, yes the show is quite gory and grotesque, but if you can get past the first few episodes which is pretty much all ecchi/fanservice and gore then you will find an amazing drama/romance at the core and it is for this reason that i love this anime so much. Its sad to say that this is far overlooked when people analyze the show.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono XIII View Post
    The first 7 minutes of the series will make you decide whether you would watch it or not. Of course I did and I liked it, don't know about you though.
    I watched it straight through and loved it. Its the first gory anime Ive seen in YEARS! You think 7 minutes is bad, watch 13 25 minute episodes of it. The one scene that I didnt like though and hurt to watch was the "puppy" scene. Those that saw it know what Im talking about. Made me want to cry and punch the screen. Luckly, just cryed.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    I watched it straight through and loved it. Its the first gory anime Ive seen in YEARS! You think 7 minutes is bad, watch 13 25 minute episodes of it. The one scene that I didnt like though and hurt to watch was the "puppy" scene. Those that saw it know what Im talking about. Made me want to cry and punch the screen. Luckly, just cryed.
    I agree, that scene was horrible.

Another upsetting scene was seeing flashbacks on Mayu's life. That was really sad, bless her. She was one of the best characters and I really wanted to hug her! ^_^

Senior Member ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2008 11:30 PM
    Threads

Elfen Lied is a very violent anime but very good, it is very sad in certain parts. This is not a kids anime it contains nudity, violence and language. I would highly recommend it if you are curious.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Elfen Lied is a masterpiece. It has sad, happy and extremely violent parts. It also has a unique story. I really liked it but I don't recommend it for children, strictly for adults.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Member ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ Darling Dream ~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2008 07:50 PM
    Threads

Well, yes, the fingers falling off IS a part of the anime, but there's a story behind all the gore and nudity of Elfen Lied (and there's a reason for the gore and nudity, too).

It's a really good anime! I loved it a lot!!!

Although the ending is WAY confusing. I had to watch it a couple times before I understood it. @_@
    Siggie By YukiOnna. Thanks so much! ^^

Nukedashitette
    Nukedashitette
    Kanashisugiru unmei kara
    Anata wa naraku no hana ja nai...

Senior Member serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2008 09:34 AM
    Threads

I must be the only one who thought Elfen Lied was over-rated. When I finally got around to watching it, after hearing how great it was, I was extremely disappointed. It rates as one of my personal all-time worst animes.
    "If I don't write to empty my mind,
    I go mad."
    - Lord Byron

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

I will admit, its VERY gory. There's a lot of blood and dicapitating and oozing guts but, believe it or not, there's also lots of loving and it gets really emotional sometimes. Its intense, captivating, beautiful, and moving all in a neat 13 episodes. I would personally recommend it to anyone.

~*Lady

Last edited by Red&Stiletto; 04-29-2008 at 07:39 PM.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Reminds me of all the Mature-rated video games I played. Hmm...FEAR anyone?
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Look past all of the Gore and Nudity and their is an absolutely beautiful story. Do not let it hold you back from it. But some of the Gory scenes were so cool, such as every scene with Mariko (Number 35). She was an awesome character! She was so adorable in her wheelchair and stuff, but also the most powerful and scariest. XD

I loved the way it ended.

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by serasvct View Post
    I must be the only one who thought Elfen Lied was over-rated. When I finally got around to watching it, after hearing how great it was, I was extremely disappointed. It rates as one of my personal all-time worst animes.
    WHAT?! All time worst?! Hmm, I guess that is a good evidence that this anime does not suit everyone's taste. Afterall if you are a sensitive guy/gal or whats the word, squimish, you would probably throw up at least 4 times per episode.

Although the ending is WAY confusing. I had to watch it a couple times before I understood it. @_@
    Really? you didn't understand it? Actually Elfen Lied is still not finished. The manga still has some chapters ahead of the anime, so don't listen to anyone who says this is over!

Its intense, captivating, beautiful, and moving all in a neat 13 episodes. I would personally recommend it to anyone.
    Actually there are 14 episodes in Elfen Lied, one is a special episode which is almost blood-free. It's number is 10.5 if I remember correctly. It's actually a very funny episode but some parts are serious. Have you ever wondered how Lucy was captured despite her fighting prowess? It's actually in the said episode. You can try finding it, I think it's on youtube but I'm not sure. If you really ARE curious then PM me.

Member Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2008 06:39 PM
    Threads

I think the gore lends a bit to the extreme emotions meant to be brought out.

Think about it, are you as worked up over hearing a gunshot and seeing someone fall as you would be if you watched them slowly (or quickly) sliced to pieces?

The transition between emotions is important, too. The feeling of joy that is crushed by sadness, or being anxious in an impossible situation that gives way to the total relief of escape. Seeing incredibly harsh violence turn into a nuturing love, it's unnatural at times.

Guess the old addages may apply here to, something like "You don't know you're alive till you've come to the brink of death."
    All the love out to the true philosophers.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The entire series is simply a tasteless, smutty gorefest, lacking originality and decent structure. Honestly, one of the worst series I've ever seen, through and through. The characters were shallow and moot at best, and the main character is just another exploitation of the old "Grotesque Cute" trope. I figure it was to lure in the "I'm dark and misunderstood" kids. Oh! And random symbolism, thrown in just for the hell of it; it was all over the place! Because, you know, it's the best way to appear "deep", really fast. It seems like everyone reads really deep into it, completely unjustified, and pulls out some apparent deeping meaning out of nowhere...it's like reading in between the lines, when they are no lines! Watch the series at 100% face value, because that's all it actually is.

I'm honestly astounded that anyone could find anything semi-decent about this series. And whenever anyone talks about it, the first thing mentioned is the gore, which is pretty sad that it's the most interesting thing the series had going for it. But, the tremendous overuse of it, especially when unnecessary, is a serious con for the series.

I not only hate it, I hate it with a burning passion.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 04-30-2008 at 02:27 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Closed Thread

Thread Information