AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elfen Lied?

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    The entire series is simply a tasteless, smutty gorefest, lacking originality and decent structure. Honestly, one of the worst series I've ever seen, through and through. The characters were shallow and moot at best, and the main character is just another exploitation of the old "Grotesque Cute" trope. I figure it was to lure in the "I'm dark and misunderstood" kids. Oh! And random symbolism, thrown in just for the hell of it; it was all over the place! Because, you know, it's the best way to appear "deep", really fast. It seems like everyone reads really deep into it, completely unjustified, and pulls out some apparent deeping meaning out of nowhere...it's like reading in between the lines, when they are no lines! Watch the series at 100% face value, because that's all it actually is.

I'm honestly astounded that anyone could find anything semi-decent about this series. And whenever anyone talks about it, the first thing mentioned is the gore, which is pretty sad that it's the most interesting thing the series had going for it. But, the tremendous overuse of it, especially when unnecessary, is a serious con for the series.

I not only hate it, I hate it with a burning passion.
    You know you're right. Although I can say with a straight face that I liked watching Elfen Lied. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact that it's over-violent. I mean, she killed a bunch of kids and their blood was all over the room, the yellow wall became red. It's too violent for it's sake. It could have been better if they reduced it.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Well, their are some evil people out there that laugh at scenes like that when on Anime....such as me. ^_^

That scene was awesome.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    The entire series is simply a tasteless, smutty gorefest, lacking originality and decent structure. Honestly, one of the worst series I've ever seen, through and through. The characters were shallow and moot at best, and the main character is just another exploitation of the old "Grotesque Cute" trope. I figure it was to lure in the "I'm dark and misunderstood" kids. Oh! And random symbolism, thrown in just for the hell of it; it was all over the place! Because, you know, it's the best way to appear "deep", really fast. It seems like everyone reads really deep into it, completely unjustified, and pulls out some apparent deeping meaning out of nowhere...it's like reading in between the lines, when they are no lines! Watch the series at 100% face value, because that's all it actually is.

I'm honestly astounded that anyone could find anything semi-decent about this series. And whenever anyone talks about it, the first thing mentioned is the gore, which is pretty sad that it's the most interesting thing the series had going for it. But, the tremendous overuse of it, especially when unnecessary, is a serious con for the series.

I not only hate it, I hate it with a burning passion.
    If my post actually showed up, it probably would have summed up what you just said.Curses, lag! D:
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

how strange...I am currently viewing Elfenlied XD I thought it was weird at first at too but then it got good and it sucked me in. I like it!

Senior Member serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct has a reputation beyond repute serasvct's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2008 09:34 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono XIII View Post
    WHAT?! All time worst?! Hmm, I guess that is a good evidence that this anime does not suit everyone's taste. Afterall if you are a sensitive guy/gal or whats the word, squimish, you would probably throw up at least 4 times per episode.
    Actually, I'm not squeamish at all. My dislike for the series had more to do with the storyline, and the actions of the characters, which were confused and contradictory.

I should just say "What Xero Said" and leave it at that. He pretty much summed up what I felt about it all very neatly.
    "If I don't write to empty my mind,
    I go mad."
    - Lord Byron

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Although Elfen Lied is a bit gorey, it is filled with philosopy. For example, the capacity for good or evil demonstrated by Lucy/Nyuu, and that we humans fear that which is different. Hell, it's my second favorite anime. Although I do agree the creators could have toned down the gore. I did not need to see a head torn off every few episodes.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by serasvct View Post
    Actually, I'm not squeamish at all. My dislike for the series had more to do with the storyline, and the actions of the characters, which were confused and contradictory.

I should just say "What Xero Said" and leave it at that. He pretty much summed up what I felt about it all very neatly.
    Yeah, indeed Xero XIII made a point. But I'll say it again, I liked Elfen Lied, it's just that the fact that she doesn't hesitate to kill, kinda annoys me.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Super Assome! Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 02:10 PM
    Threads

I would recommend it to anyone. Including peoples under 17 years old/young. I watched Elfen Lied when I was 13 and I loved it. Must watch for all ages!

Message from me:

Internizzle serizzle bizzle
    AF family:
    - Temperance: Raccoon Pet. xD
    - Kitsune~girl: Sister :3

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

I watched it a while back when I was 17.

I suppose they put lots of gore and other scenes similar to that because it was a short series, with just 13 episodes. Or maybe that is the reason why it seemed to have so much Gore. Maybe if they decided to make it a 24/26 episode long series it might have seemed like less violence because it would have spread out through many more episodes.

Still though, I loved everything about it! Including the Gore!! >=]
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Theres lots more Gore in the Manga... and a better and longer story ^^

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
    I would recommend it to anyone. Including peoples under 17 years old/young. I watched Elfen Lied when I was 13 and I loved it. Must watch for all ages!
    What?! Thats insane! I mean really. 13 years old? okay, thats good but if you let a six year old kid watch this, I don't know what kind of influence it would bring to that kid. You gotta be at least a teenager to watch this anime, it ain't for kids!

Closed Thread

Thread Information