AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Politics? no racism.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Politics? no racism.

I was at friends house today, and they where watching American Idol. Well apparently American Idol is doing this charity thing. I didn't know they did that having never really watched the show. You know? at any rate, there was a part where the candidates for the president of the united states presidency spoke about it. I said something, and his mother in law mentioned that she was going to vote for clinton. I remarked she wouldn't win. Many political analysis agree with that statement, it has something to do with her not appealing with many liberal and moderate undecided. At anyrate she said that she would not vote for him because he was black. I told her " that way of thinking needs to die out" she responded "You and Justin (her son in law) just aren't from my generation."
    What the? I mean come on in this day and age people are still not going to vote for a person because they are black? All things aside, what is wrong with our people? (asking Americans about Americans). We are one people are we not? I would think that we would have grown at least this much. and is this just the last generation, or is it a part of ours too?
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2014 10:38 PM
    Threads

race, color, religion, etc.. doesn't bother me. I would vote for a martian if it addressed the issues that concern me.

I'm a conservative, if Emacs descends upon us and becomes a Democratic nominee I wont vote for Emacs.

There is nothing that scares me more than liberals, what a hateful bunch they are

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

I thought that they where so post to be the progressive party, and open. but seeing them act as they do at this point, I can not help but feel animosity towards them, and their candidates. it is a pity I really like [like I would tell you].
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Senior Member Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2008 02:39 PM
    Threads

Unfortunately, that's just the way some people are. I've had to learn to deal with it living most of my life in the Deep South. Some of the best people you know will turn out to be racist, and they'll openly say things in front of you about blacks as if, because you're white, you'd automatically agree with them!

But things have gotten drastically better in my lifetime. And I believe that each passing decade will slowly but surely see an improvement in race relations in the US. I live 10 minutes from Birmingham, "Ground Zero" of the Civil Rights movement, so when you see great strides forward here, it makes you optimistic for the country as a whole. But racism won't be wiped out in a single generation, or two, or three as it is often passed down from the parents as Dogma.

I could say a lot more about this topic, but it's late. I'll check in tomorrow night...

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

You have to be a realist. It's like homosexuals - people say they are accepted in today's society, and yes, they are far more accepted then they ever have been. But always there will be that majority which will denounce them.

There really isn't much to say on this topic, racism will always be around.
    ████████████

Closed Thread

Thread Information